Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-26-2019, 12:24 AM   #1
duanestunts

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Spectrum Lighting when doors Open?

I found no real use for this Interior Spectrum Lighting on my ZL1, as I don't want more ambient light in the car when I'm driving.

Is there a way that this lighting will come on with the dome lights, only when entering and exiting the car?
duanestunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 01:29 PM   #2
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Where there is a will there is a way. Easy, definitely not. These run off a 3 wire set up which means, 1 power, 1 ground, 1 data. So to get white you will likely have to mod out where those LEDs are to accept a white LED unless you can figure out the code to force white. Then run wiring and tap into a source that powers when the door is opened. If you have white lights in your footwell that would be an easy tap. Otherwise is searching for an easily accessible wire to tap into. Someone recently did a mod where they transferred spectrum lit doors into a non spectrum Camaro. They got a custom harness to work for their application. So to answer, yes it can be done but not easily and you will likely destroy the function spectrum lighting for the doors unless you can figure a way to put a LED in there without modding the housing.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 01:31 PM   #3
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Here is the thread I was referencing
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540946
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 08:52 AM   #4
bigwormgraphix
Account Suspended

Drives: 1991 Z28, 2015 SS & 2017 SS
We sell a kit that does what your wanting. It splices in to the map light wiring with a positive and negative (2 wires to hook up) and costs $50. The lights come on when the doors open and turn off when the doors close (has delay like factory lighting). We use brighter led lighting than the factory. They are available in white, blue or red.
https://www.bigwormgraphix.com/2016-...-lighting.html

bigwormgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote