Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 08:05 AM   #1
the upcoming

Drives: 10'2SS/RS,94'toyoda,02'vette
Angry my cop story

so im driving along just picked up my girlfriend (cause her car is in the shop) from the university of louisiana when i saw 2 sherifs one in a car other in a suv driving stupid slow down the road the car slams on his breaks as i get on the side of him on the 4 lane road and gets behind me... now im between both of them so im crusing 1 mph under the limit and he tails me for about a mile and by this time there both behind me pulls me over at a hotel parking lot makes me get out and pats me down ....he said he pulled me over for 1. fog lights on with out headlights in incrament weather 2. tail lights dont reflect red....i explain how the headlights work from factory and point out that while i do have tint on tail lights the only reason there not reflectant is cause its gloomy out then we go to my car to get all my info and my valentine radar dector is rite ontop of inpection sticker and he says thats a nothre infraction cause its obstructing my view by this time im furious and cant believe this guy then he makes me stand out side his car while it was 40 out and a light rain....and in the end of all this hassle you know what he does lets me go and said to fix the problems
from my experence with these douches is that they were just giving me a hard time for no good reason flippin but pirates
(im directing this at these cops and not cops in general)
Old 02-24-2010, 08:10 AM   #2
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by the upcoming View Post
so im driving along just picked up my girlfriend (cause her car is in the shop) from the university of louisiana when i saw 2 sherifs one in a car other in a suv driving stupid slow down the road the car slams on his breaks as i get on the side of him on the 4 lane road and gets behind me... now im between both of them so im crusing 1 mph under the limit and he tails me for about a mile and by this time there both behind me pulls me over at a hotel parking lot makes me get out and pats me down ....he said he pulled me over for 1. fog lights on with out headlights in incrament weather 2. tail lights dont reflect red....i explain how the headlights work from factory and point out that while i do have tint on tail lights the only reason there not reflectant is cause its gloomy out then we go to my car to get all my info and my valentine radar dector is rite ontop of inpection sticker and he says thats a nothre infraction cause its obstructing my view by this time im furious and cant believe this guy then he makes me stand out side his car while it was 40 out and a light rain....and in the end of all this hassle you know what he does lets me go and said to fix the problems
from my experence with these douches is that they were just giving me a hard time for no good reason flippin but pirates
Well I'm sure it was annoying, and he may have done it to be a jerk, but he did let you go. Which is more than a lot of people on here can say.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
Old 02-24-2010, 08:11 AM   #3
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by the upcoming View Post

Thats a bunch of BS but all I can say is people are human. Sometimes you get a break sometimes you get someone who has issues. Perhaps your GF was a hottie and he really wanted to check her out. Better post a picture of her so we can decide. lol j/k
Old 02-24-2010, 08:14 AM   #4
TripleX

Drives: 10' Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzer View Post
Perhaps your GF was a hottie and he really wanted to check her out. Better post a picture of her so we can decide. lol j/k
That must've been what it was...
Old 02-24-2010, 08:15 AM   #5
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
19 + Camaro + tinted lights + radar detector = trouble... sorry man, deal with it and move on. (not siding for the cops here, it was BS but you have to expect that you may get hassled being so young in a hot car... been there!) They needed some excure to pull you over, were hoping for more serious infractions, came up short, let you go. Feel lucky and move on.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:20 AM   #6
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
I would be polite with someone who pulls me over, bogus reason or not.. but I WOULD report the issue after even if all they did was 'warn' me. They have to have a reason to pull you over. I.E. You broke a law. They cant just pull you over so they can get a closer look at the car/you and see if something is wrong. (this does happen alot unfortunately)
Old 02-24-2010, 08:22 AM   #7
hair10

Drives: 2SS - Transformer Edition
Punctuation goes a long way. I quit reading when my head started hurting.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:24 AM   #8
streetshark
Bringin' The Pain

Drives: 2031 ZL1 Vert
Awesome, another cop thread.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:26 AM   #9
mmongi7

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Send a message via AIM to mmongi7
Yep. Every cop is different. Some nice, some not so nice. At least he let u go. The cop who pulled me over wasn't so nice.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:11 AM   #10
WOOSSH

Drives: 300ZX, Murano
I had been drving at speed on I-20 once and came upon a gaggle going 70. As I weaved through them I saw a trooper on the service road going the other way. I thought how lucky I was to have run upon the pack of cars. As I neared the front of the pack I see the trooper weaving through them from the back of the pack.

I thought i was safe as had not been speeding to get through them all. Just as I cleared the last one he came through behind me. The lights came on and I pulled over as the pack passed. He came up and asked me to get in his car. He checked my insurance and registration then said,"That's a fast car." I drove one in training and it was really fast. I can't catch you, but you can't outrun me either." I did not know what to say so i just sat there. Then he said "I'm writing you a warning for not having a front license plate." I went on my way not knowing if he was asking for an admission or a race.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:20 AM   #11
CPanther95

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
I'm very respectful of cops, and have friends and family that are/were on the force......but there's not a chance in hell I'm going to stand outside in the rain next to his car while he writes me up.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:25 AM   #12
brtaus

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
I would be polite with someone who pulls me over, bogus reason or not.. but I WOULD report the issue after even if all they did was 'warn' me. They have to have a reason to pull you over. I.E. You broke a law. They cant just pull you over so they can get a closer look at the car/you and see if something is wrong. (this does happen alot unfortunately)

If he can't have tint on his tail lights but does, that is reason enough to pull him over; a flimsy but legal reason.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:27 AM   #13
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I see these posts all the time, and I wonder why I never have these problems. Are the SAPD officers just more lenient or are the other jurisdictions these things are happening in just that much more uptight?

I don't know what to tell you, other than you handled the situation pretty well considering the circumstances. I'm not sure who you would complain about this sort of behavior to, but it doesn't seem lawful to be treated in this manner just to receive a warning.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:38 AM   #14
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
There was no reason for him to make you get out of the car and pat you down, unless he was chasing you or you was wanted for something, he should have explained his reason for pulling you over without making you get out of the car, and for fog lights and tinted tail lights.
Closed Thread