Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 10-09-2015, 12:00 AM   #1
AWS-GTAW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss M6
Clutch and parts reccommendations? Turbo

Hey guys,

I'm about to bite the bullet and on a Turbonetics single turbo kit on my 2010 ls3 Camaro SS. I am looking to make no where over mid 600hp and realistically around mid to high 500hp. This will be for a street car / semi daily driver.

I have a few questions. Also I'm looking for some recommendations on the clutch setup.

What supporting mods do I need for the clutch install and what other parts are recommended to change while the tranny is out?

Would a good single clutch disk be sufficient with the power, and the goals I'm looking to make? I am leaning towards this clutch by act because of the price and the flywheel is included and the tq ratings seem to be on point on my goals http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...h-m12-hdss.htm

What other clutch setups would you recommend? I am on a slight budget here but if the extra$ is worth the sacrifice and with the extra longevity.

Any advice with be appreciated.
AWS-GTAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 04:23 PM   #2
AWS-GTAW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss M6
Nobody knows?
AWS-GTAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:33 AM   #3
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Your power level is in a bit of a no-man's-land for TR6060 clutches. Guys that pull 700+ go with Monster, Street Slayer, Mantic multi-disk setups. Certainly any of them will do the trick for you.

There are many threads on several sites about various brand single disk clutches and almost all of the brands have fans and haters. From what I see, Monster has the most fans and the fewest haters.

I have the Monster billet bearing support mod and remote bleeder. My experience with Monster was positive and their site seems to contain more info than others.

I personally run the dual disk Mantic, which has mixed reviews as a high HP street clutch because of the light flywheel and doubts about the actual holding capacity; however, I like it now.

IIRC I was looking at using one of Monster's clutches with an NFW1050 flywheel. The old LS flywheel has a larger surface area than the stock unit and allows a bit more holding power on a single disk clutch. I used one in my 2500HD with a ZF6 trans. Some will try to sell you on billet flywheels, but honestly I look at the flywheel like a brake and what are rotors generally made from. I'm sure at some point there is a need, but cast iron flywheels have worked fine for me.

Maybe some others will chime in now that I have given them something to argue about.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.

Last edited by CamaroCracka; 10-12-2015 at 01:32 PM.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:03 PM   #4
CamaroSS sleeper

Drives: Sleeper_NOT
I have A twin Clutch Centerforce in my Turbonetics car.
Holds great and has exelent driving habbits, like stock

however, they dont recomend easy engagement. or DD driving.
their warranty will be denied for premature wear caused by heat build up.
say your stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. constant 1st gear on and off engagement. I believe this is what kills a carbon clutch like the one I have.

other than the clutch is great and has served me great about 8K thus far. I try not to slip the clutch as much as I can but I have a DD so...
the clutch does feel more loose now than when it was new but still holds just fine.

I'm only saying this so when you buy your clutch you ask whoever you choose very specifically what kind of driving you'll do and how that affects the life of the clutch.
warranty etc..

as far a single clutch options... your kind of stuck.
most wont hold the power, and the ones that do might have bad driving habbits.

hope this helps

btw swaping the clutch is a major pain!!
CamaroSS sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote