Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-20-2009, 12:31 AM   #29
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Funny lol

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:40 AM   #30
TiE2000

Drives: Cobalt SS/SC
I obviously agree that dealers should not be marking cars over MSRP, and to a point I can understand a 1 to 2 thousand dollar mark up on a hot commodity. But, 10 thousand?

I guess the whole point here is I got a little satisfaction knowing that I caused a dealer the same type of irritation, that I got when seeing their posts. In a way... it was a sweet justice.

I don't know if I will get anymore emails regarding the subject, but I will post anymore that come through. Have a nice night guys and please continue on your thoughts, I am enjoying this thread.
TiE2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:49 AM   #31
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
People who pay more than MSRP for any car, I don't care if its a Ferrari Enzo, have more money than brains.
interesting. That is a tough choice. Money or brain. Oh but what a sec....if the CEO of my company who happens to be selected by a board of members, and makes 100X more than me decides he wants a Camaro and pays whatever price a dealer is asking....hmmmmm I guess he has no brains and someone else is really running his Forbes 400 company. People will always hate on people who they deem are better doing better than them.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:49 AM   #32
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiE2000 View Post
I obviously agree that dealers should not be marking cars over MSRP, and to a point I can understand a 1 to 2 thousand dollar mark up on a hot commodity. But, 10 thousand?

I guess the whole point here is I got a little satisfaction knowing that I caused a dealer the same type of irritation, that I got when seeing their posts. In a way... it was a sweet justice.

I don't know if I will get anymore emails regarding the subject, but I will post anymore that come through. Have a nice night guys and please continue on your thoughts, I am enjoying this thread.
they can sell them for anything a "Willing Buyer" will pay.....no one puts a gun to their head.....it's called free enterprise....a system i support........
Old 09-20-2009, 12:59 AM   #33
TiE2000

Drives: Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJG View Post
they can sell them for anything a "Willing Buyer" will pay.....no one puts a gun to their head.....it's called free enterprise....a system i support........

Ohh I agree with Free enterprise, as that is what makes America what it is.

I also agree with freedome of speach. As I believe I have a right to dissagree with said price, and let the whole world know about it. (I love the internet)
TiE2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:05 AM   #34
JohnInSoCal

Drives: RJT L99 500HP
the dealers can charge what they want and GM is ok with it as GM has not set a maximum rape allowance cap. Free enterprise at work and I don't have a problem with it. But if GM is confused as to why their dealers are considered crooks by a large portion of the population this is just one example of why. GM needs to seriously downsize dealerships which they are trying to do, but if they are serious they should also institute some standards about honesty and quality customer service and enforce it with fewer but more high quality dealerships. Not sure if they get it or not.
JohnInSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:51 AM   #35
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

However, there ARE those that are willing to sell at MSRP. In my book, it should either be MSRP or no selling at all.
I know where you are coming from, but when you park and stand in front of your local supermarket like I did today and some guy in a Lancer Evolution gets out of his car and starts making offers between 3K-5K over what I paid for my car simply because dealerships don't have any in stock and they desperately want a 2SS/RS, why would it suprise anybody that dealerships are marking up their cars? Anybody plan on purchasing a Nintendo Wii for Christmas this year for themsleves or their children?! Better get one now because Nintendo isn't making very many of them this holiday season. You'll see them grossly marked up after Thanksgiving Day weekend on eBay I assure you.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:21 AM   #36
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
I know where you are coming from, but when you park and stand in front of your local supermarket like I did today and some guy in a Lancer Evolution gets out of his car and starts making offers between 3K-5K over what I paid for my car simply because dealerships don't have any in stock and they desperately want a 2SS/RS, why would it suprise anybody that dealerships are marking up their cars? Anybody plan on purchasing a Nintendo Wii for Christmas this year for themsleves or their children?! Better get one now because Nintendo isn't making very many of them this holiday season. You'll see them grossly marked up after Thanksgiving Day weekend on eBay I assure you.
Take it and order a new one over the winter time! Maybe add a s/c....

I guess down south where demand is higher I can see the mark ups. Don't agree with them at all, but I can see where the stealerships are coming from. up here, there is still a dealer that is marking up. He has had a 1ss for 4 months.... was at 42,995. he is down to 39,995. (Oh and it's used, has 400 miles on it) It's hard to markup a 6 month car here and to find people willing to pay it.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:48 AM   #37
bub

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE & '15 Corvette Z06
I tend to agree with the "abolish the franchise" post, and give any dealer the right to deliver any car, paying the dealer a fixed "delivery service fee" for each unit (simultaneously ditching the BS allocation crap - replacing it with a first come = first served system).

It should also be said that GM has squeezed dealer margins (invoice to MSRP gap has shrunk considerably recently).
bub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:00 AM   #38
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
interesting. That is a tough choice. Money or brain. Oh but what a sec....if the CEO of my company who happens to be selected by a board of members, and makes 100X more than me decides he wants a Camaro and pays whatever price a dealer is asking....hmmmmm I guess he has no brains and someone else is really running his Forbes 400 company. People will always hate on people who they deem are better doing better than them.
Spoken like a true car salesman.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:30 AM   #39
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
Here's one for you. I have a very large income, I wont mention the amount but it was enough to buy a two story home, seven acre's of land, three new vehicle's all payed in full and I could do it all over again with one year's salary. I would never pay over msrp, ever.
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:34 AM   #40
dursin

Drives: Suburban
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmike View Post
Here's one for you. I have a very large income, I wont mention the amount but it was enough to buy a two story home, seven acre's of land, three new vehicle's all payed in full and I could do it all over again with one year's salary. I would never pay over msrp, ever.
Don't know how that's really relevant...nobody said that everyone with lots of extra cash would pay over MSRP...dealer only needs to find that one who is willing too.

...your post does explain your avatar however...thanks!
dursin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:44 AM   #41
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by dursin View Post
Don't know how that's really relevant...nobody said that everyone with lots of extra cash would pay over MSRP...dealer only needs to find that one who is willing too.

...your post does explain your avatar however...thanks!
Good point, but they have most likely lost more in the long run.

Whatever it take's.
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:52 AM   #42
Johnwayne
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Pete Moore Chevrolet
- www.petemoore.com
103 New Warrington Rd, Pensacola - (850) 456-7000

Im about to order a camaro i just sold my 400+rwhp RX-7 i was in Pensacola, FL for some training and went into this dealership. looked at one and i knew i had to have one. they are marking up $6,000 over MSRP it said 35K and then the sticker price was 41K i asked him why is it more? He told me everyone is doing it and good luck finding a new one at MSRP. I called my local dealership in Gulfport. and they just laughed and said there crazy cmon in a order one it will show up with your name on it.
Johnwayne is offline   Reply With Quote