Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-22-2018, 04:11 PM   #15
Rhino79

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99/Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
are these actual ls7 heads or did you guys design your own? either way those are awesome gains!
It is a 6 bolt ls7 casting we have done for us.
Rhino79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:32 PM   #16
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
What are the specs on the cam? Or did I miss that?
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:53 PM   #17
Arch-City

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
What are the specs on the cam? Or did I miss that?
Ryan, did not include exact specs. He just stated it was 226 on the intake duration. I would bet it is around 226/240.
Arch-City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:20 PM   #18
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino79 View Post
Thats what we strive for. I want to be at the top of the game performance/durability wise. I dont want to blow smoke with products that dont deliver. We are known for kicking ass, and that will stay the same!
Which is why I came to you.

Let me know when we can meet up.

TNT every Thursday in March. Pick the one that works best for you and let me know.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:20 AM   #19
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
It is a 6 bolt ls7 casting we have done for us.
how do these compare to the GMPP heads? These probably flow better because they're LS7 style, but curious how they compare on price. PM me if you can't post the price here

thanks!
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:36 PM   #20
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
how do these compare to the GMPP heads? These probably flow better because they're LS7 style, but curious how they compare on price. PM me if you can't post the price here

thanks!
You just cant compare. GMPP are CNC'ed stock LS3 heads. Those GPI heads are totally custom. They will outflow/ outperform GMPP in every aspect, IMO, plus you can run the LS7 or MSD intake on top of that, and much bigger cam without PTV problem, so higher compression too. Thats the beauty of aftermarket heads, plus this one solves the intake manifold problem!

GMPP performance/price ratio is really hard to beat and they perform as good or better as other ported LS3 heads. But since no one ever made a back to back dyno comparison with a stock cube/cam/IM LS3, or cam only, you cant say one is much better than another CNC'ed LS3 stock casting head. There is some badass CNC program outhere, but no one has numbers VS numbers dyno.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 05:28 PM   #21
Rhino79

We have compared our ls3 heads to the gmpp ls3 heads and those dyno results are on the website. Our ls3 Head beat the gmpp head but for the money the gm Head is a nice option

This ls7 max setup is above and beyond any ported ls3 casting by far.

Cam specs are 226/246 I believe. I’m at home and I have all my info at work. Pause the vid on the dyno sheet. I think it’s on the bottom.

We offer both configurations and pricing on our site.
Old 02-24-2018, 07:57 PM   #22
Arch-City

Cam Specs from the video are - 226/248 .648/.631 112+4
Old 02-25-2018, 07:39 AM   #23
Rhino79

Here in this article,part 4 is the cylinder head portion of our test. (Ls3 Head cam intake test).

The brand x mentioned is the gmpp Head. It had been milled previously to 66cc so we compared our Head to it at the same chamber volume.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:19 AM   #24
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Sorry no article showed up..there Rhino, but hey those heads are the best cheap option I have seen on here over the years and I am oldster probably the oldest on here and seen many long time posters go. People on here just don't last that long.....

And yes I some day hope to buy a set of those heads and combine them with a better lower lift cam as the specs on that ones high on the intake side and I used to run the old TSP 235/239 cam with .639 on the intake but more duration, I don't mind the more duration but some seem to really like it in the 220s for circle tracks etc... I had to run .675 springs with the old 235/239 and eventually they lowered the intake lift to make it more .660 spring friendly.

I have been liking the new intake the guys in Texas built the LOD speedworks one they said in the past was maybe going to be made for a ls7 also and wonder if they will make one for it but certainly the MSD is a better option for most than the FAST which has been the go to for so long. They said they were going to make a couple different lids for their intake recently but different base? time will tell I guess, but hey for a max effort stroker N/A or FI also the heads you developed may be just the ticket to not go super spendy MAST black label Small bore for so much more $$$$$$

Just some stuff IMO, I am sure a stroker would with a stroker cam make more power and really benefit from those heads versus ls3 which flow so much less even ported like I have now. $$$ matters.... Someday I hope you put on here a dyno with a stroker and those heads it would be really nice with a good cam I bet and pick up a lot of torque to rival those FI builds.

Many on here are just new and never researched the differences between ls7 versus ls3 and know the differences..... and the down falls, as in ls7 is only able to be .005 overhone compared to .020 overhone capable ls3, sure the ls7 is stouter but $$$$$$ and these heads really can make the ls3 more of a mighty mouse stroked out cheaper and just as powerful damn near if forged etc..and comparable parts for far less $$$$$$$ and I wondered when someone would fill the need, you did it; my hats off too you.

It would be also very interesting to see the results without CORN on your dyno as I just don't see my daily ever being more than what the pump spits outs, but if the MSD is much better than a stock LS7 intake ported by you??????? I know its supposed to have bosses on it for NOS anyway and looks nice...........but hey they had trouble out performing the stock ls3 intake....

Last edited by christianchevell; 02-25-2018 at 09:31 AM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 03:22 PM   #25
WHAMMO

Quote:
Here in this article,part 4 is the cylinder head portion of our test. (Ls3 Head cam intake test).

The brand x mentioned is the gmpp Head. It had been milled previously to 66cc so we compared our Head to it at the same chamber volume.
Thanks for specifying which brand it was. Your work on the heads really paid off!! If it wasnt because of the crazy shipping+tax from Canada, Id have badass heads.. 😒😒😒

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Sorry no article showed up..there Rhino, but hey those heads are the best cheap option I have seen on here over the years and I am oldster probably the oldest on here and seen many long time posters go. People on here just don't last that long.....

And yes I some day hope to buy a set of those heads and combine them with a better lower lift cam as the specs on that ones high on the intake side and I used to run the old TSP 235/239 cam with .639 on the intake but more duration, I don't mind the more duration but some seem to really like it in the 220s for circle tracks etc... I had to run .675 springs with the old 235/239 and eventually they lowered the intake lift to make it more .660 spring friendly.

I have been liking the new intake the guys in Texas built the LOD speedworks one they said in the past was maybe going to be made for a ls7 also and wonder if they will make one for it but certainly the MSD is a better option for most than the FAST which has been the go to for so long. They said they were going to make a couple different lids for their intake recently but different base? time will tell I guess, but hey for a max effort stroker N/A or FI also the heads you developed may be just the ticket to not go super spendy MAST black label Small bore for so much more $$$$$$

Just some stuff IMO, I am sure a stroker would with a stroker cam make more power and really benefit from those heads versus ls3 which flow so much less even ported like I have now. $$$ matters.... Someday I hope you put on here a dyno with a stroker and those heads it would be really nice with a good cam I bet and pick up a lot of torque to rival those FI builds.

Many on here are just new and never researched the differences between ls7 versus ls3 and know the differences..... and the down falls, as in ls7 is only able to be .005 overhone compared to .020 overhone capable ls3, sure the ls7 is stouter but $$$$$$ and these heads really can make the ls3 more of a mighty mouse stroked out cheaper and just as powerful damn near if forged etc..and comparable parts for far less $$$$$$$ and I wondered when someone would fill the need, you did it; my hats off too you.

It would be also very interesting to see the results without CORN on your dyno as I just don't see my daily ever being more than what the pump spits outs, but if the MSD is much better than a stock LS7 intake ported by you??????? I know its supposed to have bosses on it for NOS anyway and looks nice...........but hey they had trouble out performing the stock ls3 intake....
Its 520rwhp on 93oct ls7 intake. Did you watch the video? And Took me 10sec to search on google, got me right on the page of their CNC program/cam/intake mod dyno, which I had already read on this forum, when they posted it some time ago.

About intake, LOD guys hasnt post anything yet to confirm their intake is really worth the big coins. As for the TSP mani, I bet its gonna be like all others; loss down low and some gain over 5800rpm. FAST has the mid length runner already(loss down low but gains over 5800ish to 7500) or super vic or Holley Hi ram. LS3 is the best overall setup for the money, if your a DD or street car and not going over 6800. Rod mod and porting takes it one step further.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:23 PM   #26
WHAMMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-City View Post
Ryan, did not include exact specs. He just stated it was 226 on the intake duration. I would bet it is around 226/240.
That is kinda small, no?

Old 02-25-2018, 06:46 PM   #27
Arch-City

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post
That is kinda small, no?
Yes, that is why the results are even more impressive. It was actually 226/248, but they are going to offer 2 camshafts for this package. I would guess this is the smaller of the 2.
Old 02-25-2018, 06:52 PM   #28
zz430camaro

Drives: 2015 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-City View Post
Yes, that is why the results are even more impressive. It was actually 226/248, but they are going to offer 2 camshafts for this package. I would guess this is the smaller of the 2.
Be interesting to see what this will do with the largest duration cam they can stuff in it.
zz430camaro is offline   Reply With Quote