Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 04-19-2010, 04:50 PM   #15
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Ok here is the latest, GM has a beefier improved pressure plate which will keep the chutch petal from sticking half engaged. I could go with a aftermarket clutch and they would install it but away goes my 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. Well.... I will be up and running in three days with a new clutch with the improved pressure plate. I bet all the new M6 camaros coming off the line in Oshawa have this pressure plate. I don't have but 3000 miles on my car and I don't intend on drag racing, however I do expect to be capable to take off quickly from a stop if I want to. All new design cars have their growing pains and it looks like GM wants to keep Camaros with a untarnished reputation in the performance division.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:52 PM   #16
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Excellent! That's a good start! I will ask for this next week when i bring mine in for the clutch issue!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:13 PM   #17
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
Ok here is the latest, GM has a beefier improved pressure plate which will keep the chutch petal from sticking half engaged. I could go with a aftermarket clutch and they would install it but away goes my 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. Well.... I will be up and running in three days with a new clutch with the improved pressure plate. I bet all the new M6 camaros coming off the line in Oshawa have this pressure plate. I don't have but 3000 miles on my car and I don't intend on drag racing, however I do expect to be capable to take off quickly from a stop if I want to. All new design cars have their growing pains and it looks like GM wants to keep Camaros with a untarnished reputation in the performance division.
Who gave you that piece of info if I may ask?
Robert91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #18
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

That would be the service dept manager at my dealer.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
W T F
Old 04-19-2010, 05:21 PM   #19
Robert91RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
That would be the service dept manager at my dealer.
Did they show you a TSB(service bulletin) concerning this new clutch? I'm only asking because I didn't see any that mentioned any new and improved clutch. Just looking out for you, not saying your wrong. Maybe I missed it.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:24 PM   #20
Robert91RS

Hmmm...I ran the part number and it does change numbers. Maybe they were telling the truth and GM hasn't posted a TSB yet.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #21
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Please let us know the TSB Helps when I go back to my service manager on Monday!

Thanks!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #22
summitss/rsls3

Drives: summit white/IOM ss/rs ls3
well GM really needs to figure this mess out. mine already took a tranny because of this shit clutch and slave combo, and this weekend my car was parked in the driveway and i went to put it in the garage and what do you know the clutch stuck half way down. It wouldnt even pull itself into the garage. i had to reach down and pull the pedal up with my hand because just trying to cycle the clutch did nothing. i guess we do have something to worry about when the new 5.0 comes out because who the hell knows if our cars are even going to take off when the time comes.
summitss/rsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:04 PM   #23
jnm2003

Drives: O2 GMC & 2010 camaro SS IBM 6M
I want to know this TSB also!! Ive tried different brake fluids to try and fix the problem thinking it would help with higher boiling points! nope. I get 2 to 3 max runs before it tries sticking again. Im bringin mine to a dealer as soon as I know for sure the dealer can get one or knows about it!
Thanks for the info and please keep me updated!!!

2010 camaro SS/RS Manual IBM.
NEW TIME 12.24 @ 114 mph. -[B] street tires, Hurst short throw, Halltech yellow jacket intake, AR long tube 1 7/8 headers, and a tune.
12.82 @ 110 MPH 1.92 60ft ALMOST Bone Stock ONLY MOD IS Borla mufflers.
jnm2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:47 PM   #24
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert91RS View Post
Did they show you a TSB(service bulletin) concerning this new clutch? I'm only asking because I didn't see any that mentioned any new and improved clutch. Just looking out for you, not saying your wrong. Maybe I missed it.
I don't know much else but what they told me, supposed to be overnighted so they should get it tomorrow, expecially if they used Fed-Ex.
Remember though, I said improved clutch pressure plate was the improved part.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
W T F
Old 04-19-2010, 09:26 PM   #25
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
wait...clutch is under warrenty?
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:29 PM   #26
jnm2003

Drives: O2 GMC & 2010 camaro SS IBM 6M
What I heard is under 10000 miles most dealers will change ur clutch. They say cause it's hard to mess up a clutch with driver error under 10000 miles so it's most likely mechanical failure! That's just what I heard! I'm gonna make sure mine is fixed before 10k just to be sure they won't hassle me!

2010 camaro SS/RS Manual IBM.
NEW TIME 12.24 @ 114 mph. -[B] street tires, Hurst short throw, Halltech yellow jacket intake, AR long tube 1 7/8 headers, and a tune.
12.82 @ 110 MPH 1.92 60ft ALMOST Bone Stock ONLY MOD IS Borla mufflers.
jnm2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:04 AM   #27
ipimpthisc
Banned

Drives: @twinturbo, cammed, intrcooled@
Send a message via AIM to ipimpthisc
Just reading thus far about the stock clutch, my chest hurts...i got the ls3, and havent even driven it yet...I been driving sticks for over 20 years...no clutch can nurn up thru driver error in 1 launch, or 20...unless u have the biggest brute with a huge torque blast....its the clutch guys...face it...to save money they placed shit with wood....and called it a clutch...i already see...imma have to waste 1k on a goddam clutch
ipimpthisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:07 AM   #28
nashstat

Drives: 2SS Camaro
Clutch stinks in the LS3... I ripped the mechanical section of the JD Power and Associates Survey that was sent to me because of the clutch.
nashstat is offline   Reply With Quote