Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2016, 02:49 PM   #365
CamaroSSMike
 
CamaroSSMike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS package.
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: South Florida
Posts: 117
Hey, anybody knows why the vararam intake does not fit the 2014-2015 models? I really want this intake but is there a mod or something I can make it fit on my 2015?

Thank you.
CamaroSSMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 02:58 PM   #366
Tunamanz
 
Tunamanz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sunshine Skyway Camaros
Posts: 250
I have the R2C Black Hex Series Street/Race Filter CAI on my 14 1LE and absolutely love it. These guys are top notch and spend a lot of research and development on military level filter systems. Customer service is great as well. Would recommend this system to anyone.
Tunamanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 01:33 PM   #367
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSMike View Post
Hey, anybody knows why the vararam intake does not fit the 2014-2015 models? I really want this intake but is there a mod or something I can make it fit on my 2015?

Thank you.
The radiator cap was moved and the OTR arrangement no longer worked. I want to say they had some issues with the ECM as well when they started trying to make a work around.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:37 AM   #368
CamaroSSMike
 
CamaroSSMike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS package.
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: South Florida
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
The radiator cap was moved and the OTR arrangement no longer worked. I want to say they had some issues with the ECM as well when they started trying to make a work around.

Thanks, ended up going with Cold Air inductions thanks! I really wanted the Vararam but i had been waiting for to long long!
__________________
2015 Camaro SS / RS package 6MT Summit white
AKA Casper.

Hurst Short trow shifter and bushings.
Cold Air Inductions cold air intake.
CamaroSSMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 01:29 PM   #369
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSMike View Post
Thanks, ended up going with Cold Air inductions thanks! I really wanted the Vararam but i had been waiting for to long long!
CAI Inc makes a great product that performs extremely well. It is one of our "go to" systems.

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 12:56 AM   #370
sscamaro89
2Ss89
 
sscamaro89's Avatar
 
Drives: 2ss/Bumblee Bee
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Van Nuys
Posts: 169
Guys little help here. Does cai ship to california and do any sites that carry their intake ship to cai. I decided to pull the trigger but cai wont ship to cali any help is apperciated ������
__________________
2Ss89
sscamaro89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 03:18 PM   #371
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro89 View Post
Guys little help here. Does cai ship to california and do any sites that carry their intake ship to cai. I decided to pull the trigger but cai wont ship to cali any help is apperciated ������
Thank CARB for that.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:36 AM   #372
sscamaro89
2Ss89
 
sscamaro89's Avatar
 
Drives: 2ss/Bumblee Bee
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Van Nuys
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
Thank CARB for that.
dmnit any recommendations since im in crappy cali.
__________________
2Ss89
sscamaro89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:40 AM   #373
0331Marine

 
0331Marine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS MN6
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Covington Ga
Posts: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro89 View Post
dmnit any recommendations since im in crappy cali.
Ship it to someone then have them send it to you lol. Just pull it off when you have to do your SMOG. I'm sure someone makes a CARB legal kit. aFe makes alot with CARB #'s.
0331Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:44 AM   #374
rvadim76
 
Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 548
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunamanz View Post
I have the R2C Black Hex Series Street/Race Filter CAI on my 14 1LE and absolutely love it. These guys are top notch and spend a lot of research and development on military level filter systems. Customer service is great as well. Would recommend this system to anyone.

Same here, really love this one and would recommend to anyone!
rvadim76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 01:32 PM   #375
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0331Marine View Post
Ship it to someone then have them send it to you lol. Just pull it off when you have to do your SMOG. I'm sure someone makes a CARB legal kit. aFe makes alot with CARB #'s.
It is getting to the point where that is your only option.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:49 PM   #376
Evesco
 
Drives: Camaro SS -10, Jag XF -09
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Finland
Posts: 3
My first post here and i have some stupid question.

I going to dyno my SS on wednesday and i have K&N cai kit on my trunk. If i change it, do i have adjust engine managment, or does it work automatically? I know that fuel injection can adjust littlebit, but are that enough for best performance?

That dyno guy can do "chip" but its quite expencive. I just want measure the "starting power" before i do any bigger mods for the car.

Or do i keep original air filter on car and take dyno run with that?

Early owner told that with CAI on normally drive it wasnt run perfectly, so thats the point why original is still under the hood..


Sorry my bad english and greetings from Finland.

2010 camaro is still lots of expenciver here, that brand new in USA.. Or any other place on earth. Thanks for finnish government and high taxes


edit. Own answer. K&N cai gives 5hp. Today i had dyno and results are 392hp and 566nm. With original airbox 387hp and 557nm.

Last edited by Evesco; 05-18-2016 at 03:01 PM.
Evesco is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
air intake, apex motorsports, best air intake, cai

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.