Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 08-21-2015, 10:37 AM   #71
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
...Everybody was "Screaming" for more creature comforts, techy gizmos, interior quality and upgrades, etc....Did you think it would be free and not cost anything?..You bet the 2SS will be a lot more expensive. After all, how can you live without a heated steering wheel?....or a must have light-show on the door panels?....etc...

Everyone got what they asked for, and it comes at a price....
And GM needs to be careful because there are a lot of other options out there, including right in their own stable, C7 Stingray! I for one will be seriously looking at a Stingray if my 2SS order approaches $50K with the options that I ordered...I love the Camaro and the 6th gen, but they need to be careful, and remember a lot of these items that are in the 2SS are becoming mainstream items in a lot of other GM vehicles, so the cost is very minimal on all of these technology items.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
Old 08-21-2015, 10:39 AM   #72
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
The car's price increased beyond the rate of inflation for sure. Not very interested in these numbers. $40 K can get you a used ZL1 very easily these days. The ZL1 saw nearly $20K in depreciation (1/3 of its value) in just 2 years, in many cases, so that's where I'd honestly throw my money. :P

This is why I never buy a car new. There will be enough floating around in the next few years that you can get it on the second-hand market with any trim, color, mileage, and options imaginable. And the bonus of this is that options rarely increase resale value of a car, so you can get a moonroof and lots of nice things without much price bump. For anything else you want, just order parts from GM and have them installed afterward.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:39 AM   #73
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I'm sorry GM inconveniences you by building cars for the rest of the country.
I am perfectly capable of heating up a seat myself in the winter by sitting in it for a few minutes. The same can't be said for cooling it down in the summer (unless its absurdly hot, in which case it will 'cool' to my body temperature).

Plus, a sizable percentage of Camaros (SS's in particular) aren't driven in the winter, either due to people not wanting to drive something with RWD in the snow or simply because they want to protect their car from road salt. Either way, it makes less sense to have heated seats (and steering wheels) in Camaros than it does in, say an Impala.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 08-21-2015, 10:41 AM   #74
Bradrulz

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT IOM
I am loving my 2015 Mustang GT Premium so far. No regrets trading in the Camaro on it.
MRT2.0 with Helmholtz Pipes, Cold Air Inductions CAI, 4-Pack Gauges, Flat Black Stripes, Added Spare Tire Kit, Elite Catch Can, Chrome 20" Wheels, HUD, ABL Doors, GM Dovetail, Matte Black Gills, Rear Fascia Blackout
Old 08-21-2015, 10:42 AM   #75
tripowergto
WHEELIEFEST 22 ~ 8/14/21

Drives: 18 HW, 16 Vette, 09 G8 GT, 02 Formu
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
Its about $1700-$2000 difference in the ATS and CTS.
Yikes!! I believe that is too much more in the Camaro. Should be $995 to $1200 MAX.
14 Crystal Red Volt (traded)
10 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS 426 HP LS3 "MAIDEN" (TOTALED!)
09 Stryker Blue G8 GT w/sport/prem/sunroof
02 Firebird Formula LS1 HURST 6SPD(1st new car)

Old 08-21-2015, 10:42 AM   #76
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
I guess I'll get over the sticker shock, unless the 2SS is just way off in left field. All I can say is this Camaro better spank the pants off the GT for that much more money. I'm talking 1SS to base GT comparisons. The gen 6 looks incredible on paper. We'll soon see. I still predict the Gen 6 doesn't win the sales game.
You'll probably never see that comparison. It will be 2SS with MRC up against a GT Premium with PP. Then people will say the Mustang is a much better bargin ignoring the many things the 2SS has the GT Premium doesn't.

Honestly the prices are higher than I was hoping. Hoping MRC and NPP are not proportionally higher too. I will still end up with a lease. Think a 2SS lease will be in the $420+ range. Like others have said, the weight better be right and performance much better than the GT.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
Old 08-21-2015, 10:47 AM   #77
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
...Everybody was "Screaming" for more creature comforts, techy gizmos, interior quality and upgrades, etc....Did you think it would be free and not cost anything?..You bet the 2SS will be a lot more expensive. After all, how can you live without a heated steering wheel?....or a must have light-show on the door panels?....etc...

Everyone got what they asked for, and it comes at a price....
I agree in general, but it is GM who chose to make the 1SS and 2SS nearly fully loaded. I think they put too much standard content in the V8 cars to save on complexity, and because they feel like buyers of the V8 will buy it anyway. But there are plenty of people out there looking for a more basic performance car that will never buy a V6 (or I4 for that matter) who will end up with a Mustang GT based on the $4100 difference to the 1SS, regardless of the extra features on the Camaro.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:49 AM   #78
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
I think we may be pricing ourselves out of the competition. $38k for a 1SS is higher than I expected. I'm a little disappointed..
Old 08-21-2015, 10:50 AM   #79
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
The 1SS price doesn't seem so bad when you consider it should be putting down performance #s similar to the ATS-V. It's still a little higher than I was hoping for!
Old 08-21-2015, 10:50 AM   #80
xinfamousxi

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
So we are talking about a $2000 price bump with more features including HID?

Im okay with this
Old 08-21-2015, 10:51 AM   #81
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPODFAN11 View Post
I am 100% okay with the pricing. Hear me out.

1LT- With destination is $305 less than the outgoing car, yet has more technology, more performance and is a lighter car.

1SS- Current car is $34,500. Puts the new car $2,795 more to start. However, look at what you are getting. A more advanced, lighter package, more tech features, next gen engine and trans, RS package standard, and (its been stated by GM before) 1LE performance without being a 1LE. So, if you were to compare to a Gen 5 car...A 1LE RS 1SS and rear vision camera comes in at $39,845. Gen 6 1SS starts at $37,295, $2,550 LESS than a comparable Gen 5 and even then, you are missing all the new stuff that is standard, that a majority of then were either extra or not available on Gen 5.

1SS to me...is a freaking steal, and puts itself $1,600 over a GT with PP and no other options.
While I wouldn't go so far as "steal", when you put it in perspective, I do agree. If what Al O said about the base SS being faster than event a 2015 1LE, then I believe that price is fully justified. 1SS comes with more tech, and much more track capable (and we can assume much better straight line performance) than the 2015 1SS.

That said, I fell into the band wagon of sticker shock when I first read the price. I would have bet money that the car would not start over 36,500 including destination, which is 2 grand over the 2015 1SS model. So I'm torn a bit....yes when I think about it logically I feel the 37,295 tag is justified, but that much of an increase is just surprising. My 1SS with auto, and NPP is likely going to stick at, or just under 40K. Ouch.

If I wasn't getting invoice on this car (and should be able to use $750 CU credit as well) I'd have to back out and go with the V6, which will still be an awesome car. I told myself I was not going to spend 40K regardless, and I hope to stick to that. Hoping to be well under 38K with my discounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman1969 View Post
... Really the only thing the 2SS could add is what leather and HUD?
2SS comes with much more than that over a 1SS. You've got heated/cooled seats, dual zone climate control, interior lighting, premium audio, illuminated door sills, in addition to what you said, plus more I likely forgot about.

As for the Mustang...it seems if you just want good V8 performance, it is the way to go. I will argue till the cows come home, that for the extra performance, and the extra features that the Camaro is easily worth a few grand more than a comparable Mustang. But for those that like the Mustang, and like the Camaro and didn't know which way to lean, those base prices sure do look appealing for Mustang.

I'm sure those Mustang boys on the other site are having a blast today lol.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:52 AM   #82
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
I think we may be pricing ourselves out of the competition. $38k for a 1SS is higher than I expected. I'm a little disappointed..
Hey...no rounding up! Closer to 37K lol.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:52 AM   #83
tripowergto
WHEELIEFEST 22 ~ 8/14/21

Drives: 18 HW, 16 Vette, 09 G8 GT, 02 Formu
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
And GM needs to be careful because there are a lot of other options out there, including right in their own stable, C7 Stingray! I for one will be seriously looking at a Stingray if my 2SS order approaches $50K with the options that I ordered...I love the Camaro and the 6th gen, but they need to be careful, and remember a lot of these items that are in the 2SS are becoming mainstream items in a lot of other GM vehicles, so the cost is very minimal on all of these technology items.
Yessir. Keep in mind a pure "base" 1LT Corvette already comes with standard leather(no extra charge for choice interior colors), a removable carbon fiber roof along with 455HP LT1 and 7 speed manual. A loaded Gen6 2SS best not creep to close to the base 'Vette in pricing.

Since I already have my base 14 Vette, I'll happily accept a V6 Gen6 alongside!!
14 Crystal Red Volt (traded)
10 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS 426 HP LS3 "MAIDEN" (TOTALED!)
09 Stryker Blue G8 GT w/sport/prem/sunroof
02 Firebird Formula LS1 HURST 6SPD(1st new car)

Old 08-21-2015, 10:52 AM   #84
grkjet

Drives: 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia/2022 LT1 otw
If you really look at the features included the price bump is not so much of a big deal but problem is the general public isn't going to sit there comparing spec sheets for camaro vs mustang. The forums only represent a small percentage of people who will really compare these cars for every single spec they have and try to justify the price based on the standard equipment. Often times people will just go for the cheaper option because both cars are good looking and perform well.

Closed Thread