Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 07-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #15
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Stick with the vendors here in C5, they won't do you wrong.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #16
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Thanks for giving us a heads up! Unfortunately, this isn't the first bad experience I've heard of with Carid.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #17
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
I had a similar experience with West Coast Camaro, I ordered some Lloyd Mats from them. The description said the mats matched the interior of the Camaro perfectly. Well, when they finally got here they were ebony, a dark grey, color code 118. The picture was black, color code 100. I wanted black. When I contacted West Coast they told me they weren't available in black, which to be blunt, is a lie. I just decided to keep the mats, they're nice, they really are, and they're close to black. But yeah, if you're anal, you really need to be careful with some of your purchases and ask a lot of questions before you buy. Thanks for the warning about CARiD
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #18
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Moved to vendor feedback subforum
Old 07-21-2012, 06:42 PM   #19
J-ROD-210

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS RJT A6
That sucks,but thanks for the heads up.I've ordered plenty internet stuff and have never had any issues with anyone. I must say though ,that the most outstanding service I have ever had is Marylandspeed.com. If whenever I should need anything, they will definitely be first on my list.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #20
diamondmike

Drives: 2SS/RS
Long story. But I think there the worst company on the planet. I would never use them again.

7.83 @ 172 and 1.15 60ft 5th gen
4.93@143
diamondmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:02 PM   #21
KidKilowatt

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
I agree, I have had excellent service with Marylandspeed.com
2011 LLT RS Black on Black Loaded. [x]Showstopper 45th Anniversary inspired Camaro RS Stripes, [x] MPD1 Spoiler, [x] GM Heritage Grille. [x] Removed RS and Bowtie Emblems. [x] 30% Tinted Headlight Armour DRL's. [X ] Ruff Racing R954 Wheels [X] Solo Cat Back Mach X-LLT Exhaust [X ] Vmax Ported throttle body [x] Halo SC Reverse Hood Kit [x] Showstopper Painted, Modded Engine Cover [x] Cold Air Inductions CAI [x] Tinted Tails and Black Bezels [x] Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers [x] Belltech F&R Sways
Check out my build thread!
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212178
KidKilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:51 AM   #22
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Wow...I was just about to put down 1500 on a body kit from them. Definitely not now. Thank you for the heads up.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #23
CARiD

Drives: Camaro 2010 SS/RS
Guys - Let me start my offering my sincerest apologies for this issue escalating to this point

If anyone one here has received anything but the highest levels of customer service that is completely unacceptable and not who we are here, at CARiD.com.

Also, if any inquiries that were initiated through the C5 forums have gone unanswered, I apologize for that as well.

Let me backtrack for a second and introduce myself - My name is Jon Frattini and I am one of the Sales Managers here at CARiD. I have been with the company for over 3 years and care for it like it was my own. To see that we have had some customers here who have not had the best experiences with us upsets me.

This account was registered to a former employee of ours and when he parted ways with my company we lost track of the communication that was taking place with the C5 members. I take personal responsibility for this and I am also taking personal responsibility to make sure that any issues that you may have experienced with us are resolved to your satisfaction.

I will contact anyone (Via PM) who stated they had a customer service related issue in this thread and I will leave my contact information below so that anyone else is able to reach out to me.

Again, I just want to reiterate that this is not how we do business and our customers are, indeed, are number one priority. We will do whatever it takes to prove that to, not only ther C5 members but, all of our customers.

If anyone has any additional questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly at 800-505-3274 ext 833.
CARiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:19 PM   #24
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by carid View Post
Guys - Let me start my offering my sincerest apologies for this issue escalating to this point

If anyone one here has received anything but the highest levels of customer service that is completely unacceptable and not who we are here, at CARiD.com.

Also, if any inquiries that were initiated through the C5 forums have gone unanswered, I apologize for that as well.

Let me backtrack for a second and introduce myself - My name is Jon Frattini and I am one of the Sales Managers here at CARiD. I have been with the company for over 3 years and care for it like it was my own. To see that we have had some customers here who have not had the best experiences with us upsets me.

This account was registered to a former employee of ours and when he parted ways with my company we lost track of the communication that was taking place with the C5 members. I take personal responsibility for this and I am also taking personal responsibility to make sure that any issues that you may have experienced with us are resolved to your satisfaction.

I will contact anyone (Via PM) who stated they had a customer service related issue in this thread and I will leave my contact information below so that anyone else is able to reach out to me.

Again, I just want to reiterate that this is not how we do business and our customers are, indeed, are number one priority. We will do whatever it takes to prove that to, not only ther C5 members but, all of our customers.

If anyone has any additional questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly at 800-505-3274 ext 833.
I'd suggest making a new CARiD account. I know a lot of people who have warned about CARiD's products and customer service. Which leaves many very wary of CARiD and anything associated with this account. I would also make a general discussion post about how you have taken over the account and ask the mods not to move it for a while. Be active here and listen to the customers and figure out the wrongs. I know c5 is very good at reusing vendors. So be our friend . The more active you are here the more you people know you

I do know carid has a huge selection of stuff but I have never bought because of the bad stories I hear . I'd love to see this change.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #25
CARiD

Drives: Camaro 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
I'd suggest making a new CARiD account. I know a lot of people who have warned about CARiD's products and customer service. Which leaves many very wary of CARiD and anything associated with this account. I would also make a general discussion post about how you have taken over the account and ask the mods not to move it for a while. Be active here and listen to the customers and figure out the wrongs. I know c5 is very good at reusing vendors. So be our friend . The more active you are here the more you people know you

I do know carid has a huge selection of stuff but I have never bought because of the bad stories I hear . I'd love to see this change.
Adam, I truly appreciate the advice. I will be making a general discussion post right away. We realize that there was a big oversight on our part, let’s face it communities like this keep the Industry alive. The phrase “car enthusiast” has changed over the years and we appreciate everything Forum communities bring to the table. The only thing I can say is again how sorry we are for the neglect of this community and we will be doing everything in our power to regain your trust and respect.
CARiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #26
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
I used CARID.com also but when i bought a car cover in 2010 for my 2010 1lt which is sold now, it took them 4 months to finally ship it out... and i called couple times to see within where it was at why it is taking so long... 4 months, and turns out they just processed my order??? never again will i buy anything from them.

And when you call and or wait on the item, it feels like their office / warehouse is located in india or china or something, bad service and long wait for simple product to arrive...
Old 07-31-2012, 11:44 AM   #27
DVader
DVader

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Vert
UPDATE:
Since my initial post about the poor customer service, I have had no less than three phone calls, and three emails from CarID appologizing for their poor service. They have provided me with return shipping lables, at no cost to me.

This however, does not negate the fact that the customer service agent was asking way too much (probably just following protocol), and the fact that I was unable to call CarID because the numbers listed on thier website were not in service.

I will not recommend CarID to fellow car enthusiasts. I can't. I won't.

Thank you CarID for contacting me and making this less painful.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:00 PM   #28
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
I dealt with CARiD many times with no probelms at all.

Tags
carid.com, do not use this company