Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-25-2013, 07:53 AM   #15
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
I was not aware of all these issues with XM until the day AFTER I gave them my credit card number (just my luck)
I will obviously be keeping an eye on my account, but is there anything I can do to not have to worry about them charging me?
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #16
jrisebo

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS "Bumble C"
They do suck, but usually if you can deal with them for a bit you can get it for 6 months for 25$. They are now asking if its ok to bill your card, and your ok with it renewing. Just make sure you call to cancel before its up.

Got to remember some of the folks working there could be next to useless and will tell you whatever. Sometimes you have to read the fine print yourself, set a calender reminder and call and cancel.

So, for 30 mins every 6 months, its worth it for the $25 dollar deal
Old 06-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #17
jrisebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post
I was not aware of all these issues with XM until the day AFTER I gave them my credit card number (just my luck)
I will obviously be keeping an eye on my account, but is there anything I can do to not have to worry about them charging me?
Have them bill you, and have them confirm it wont renew. Could do a prepaid visa, but if you dont tell them to not renew, they will usually charge you for a month or two before they turn it off.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #18
Swacer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
Just posting this as a warning to anybody whose thinking about signing up for XM radio. They offered it when I bought my camaro last year and I wound up subbing even though I think the content is just OK.

Well a month ago I decided to let my sub run out and to say their customer service is horrible is an understatement. It's a scam.

My bank account was just charged $100 for a service that's apparently been disconnected from my car. The people you talk to on the phone have obviously been trained to obstruct and bullsh-t you when you try to have your account issues resolved.

If you're subbed and happy with it, great. Just make sure you review your bank account because I've checked around and they have a habit of of overbilling their customers.
They always tell you when your subscription runs out that you will be charged the normal year price. Idk why people blame XM for them not paying attention.
2012 2SS/RS Camaro~Imperial Blue Metallic~LS3~M6~GM High Spoiler~GM Ground Effect~GM Tower Brace~Heritage Grill~Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake~Stainless Works Exhaust~Stainless Power Headers~VMAX Ported Throttle Body~BTR Stage 4 Cam~BTR CNC LS3 Heads~FAST 102 Intake~1LE 3.91 Gears~LPW Rear Cover~GEN5DYI Spare Clutch Reservior~Barton Short Throw~ShowStopper Side Markers~UMI Performance Trailing Arms~UMI Performance Tunnel Brace~Elite Engineering Catch Can~VMR V710s
Swacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #19
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
Just posting this as a warning to anybody whose thinking about signing up for XM radio. They offered it when I bought my camaro last year and I wound up subbing even though I think the content is just OK.

Well a month ago I decided to let my sub run out and to say their customer service is horrible is an understatement. It's a scam.

My bank account was just charged $100 for a service that's apparently been disconnected from my car. The people you talk to on the phone have obviously been trained to obstruct and bullsh-t you when you try to have your account issues resolved.

If you're subbed and happy with it, great. Just make sure you review your bank account because I've checked around and they have a habit of of overbilling their customers.
same thing happened to me in my Infiniti.
as soon as my trial is over it's gone from my new car as well.
horrible LOOPED content bad customer service.. and BAD quality sound.
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #20
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
They always tell you when your subscription runs out that you will be charged the normal year price. Idk why people blame XM for them not paying attention.
because we had CANCELLED and REMOVED the credit card before they did it that's why..
and they still blacklisted my credit and said I owned them the money.
that's why.
and that's also reported all over the net as well.
530/520 SAE
Old 06-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #21
jrisebo

One good thing now is you can see them update your account online. I called to dispute a late charge, and she took it off, and I could see online it was gone within seconds. Also added 6 months for 25$, and it showed up immediately.
So, you can verify what you change usually online.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:00 AM   #22
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I've had Sirius-XM in vehicles for nearly five years w/ auto renewal... no problems.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #23
NJ-JRS
C5

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS Red accents on Black
Ditto to sending them checks instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by San2cci View Post
Just make sure you listen very clearly when they go over everything when you pay fr your XM. They speak quickly with words some people never heard of. Clarify you only want a one time payment only, not re-occuring. They are highly trained salespeople be aware.
Who has never heard of "one time payment" and "recurring payment"? Pretty sure telling you the payment type you're signing up for is the least sneakiest thing they do.

I've heard so many horror stories with companies like this though that any service providers I go with, I stick to sending checks so they can't pull this kind of stuff.
NJ-JRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #24
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2016 2LT/RS Hyper Blue Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by baum View Post
wow on both of my vehicles i call them up and tell them my price.. 6mo for $25 and they always do it!. just have to remember to do it before the 6mo is up or else they will charge you full pirce.

i tell them i they wont do it i will cancel! no problems ever.
same here...I've had no problems with them. I pay for the full year, they call me about 2 months before it's due to expire & I usually tell them to renew. I see the bank charge during the last month of my current contract.

I have about 5 main channels I listen to & the comedy channels occassionally. It might not seem like a lot, but I think it's worth the cost - it comes up to less than $2 per week.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #25
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2016 2LT/RS Hyper Blue Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
because we had CANCELLED and REMOVED the credit card before they did it that's why..
and they still blacklisted my credit and said I owned them the money.
that's why.
and that's also reported all over the net as well.
then you should have no problem taking them to court & winning something for damages, right?
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #26
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
then you should have no problem taking them to court & winning something for damages, right?
Why? would not even be worth the time or the money over 100 bucks and credit ding I have already repaired.

Far easier to not support them with my pocketbook and warn others of their shady practices.
530/520 SAE
Old 06-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #27
need4spd

Drives: 2012 2SS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Carats View Post
I have them bill me and then I pay by check.

Mind controlled by Cerebro
this is what I did.. also they turned my subscription on even before I sent the check.

current ride - 2012 Black on Black 2SS RS w/ sunroof, muffler delete with SLP exhaust tips, rotofab cai, gm strut brace, BMR 1.4 drop springs all four corners, Stainless Power 1 7/8 long tubes, Hex Vents, Jannetty Racing Tune, Helmholtz J pipe, MMR 228 Z28 replica wheels.
need4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #28
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
IMO never put any subscription on a debit card, always put it on a credit card. My CC company will hold the purchase if there is a dispute and I won't have to pay a dime till it's resolved.