Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
Berryp

Drives: 2011 Camaro Vert RS A6
AAC afterburner tail lights

For those who have installed them do you like them and how hard are they to install? Oh and could i see pics please i am on the fence about these or the head lights.....
Old 01-10-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
I love mine - just think they look sweet. I paid to have the install done by someone else. I don't know anything about wiring and don't trust myself to do anything like this. They do come with a DVD which contains an install video.

dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #3
Berryp

Drives: 2011 Camaro Vert RS A6
dorfmac those look nice thanks for the pics
Old 01-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #4
Support@OracleLights.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Support@OracleLights.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #5
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
colorshift or these? colorshift for sure!

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #6
Support@OracleLights.com

Old 01-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #7
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan@AACstyle.com View Post

you guys have to best pictures of that STS v6! should put it and the 69 on billboards in Louisiana, advertise a little more! great company!

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #8
MongoZmash

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Are they just the halo rings or does more light up?
MongoZmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #9
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter

Old 01-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #10
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Moar!!

Available here as well.......

http://southwestspeed.net/product_de...ion.php?id=118

Ivan
Attached Images

Last edited by Ivan @ Southwest Speed; 01-10-2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Spelling for winners....
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:20 AM   #11
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I have them and LOVE THEM!
Installed them myself. My DVD came with everything but the Burner install After alot of pms with Stieger and AAC, i got it done.

My thoughts about the Install. HONEST Review

Alright so my GF bought me tail light blackouts a few years ago, so doing the core exchange was not an option for me. Also, the install price was an extra $200 and as a student, I couldnt afford that.
So I decided to install them myself. How hard can they be right? LOL
Ok so first off, removing the nuts on the tail lights- The corner tail lights have a nut you have to remove in one of the most impossible places, seriously its ridiculous. Thank god mine were finger tight because I didnt have any tool which would fit in there.
Ok so you get all the bolts out, now you have to take the bezels out.
I watched a thousand videos on removing them, still didnt stop me from fudging up the first one lol I said no biggie, im going to paint them flat black anyways. Keep in mind, I take extra precautions to protect the tail lights and bezel but it still seemed to make blemishes on the bezel. Oh well- I suggest getting Nylon pry tools as other members suggested and swear by it. Some people also take em out with no problems.
I was doing this in an unheated garage when the temps outside were -15 degrees

Alright so at this point you have all four taillights out.
The cutting part is quite terrifying at first. Come on, how many owners do you see cutting their own tail lights?! Anyways, some how I grew the nads to continue cutting the lens off and got better with each tail light. I was going to sand down the rough edges but then realized that keeping them helped with alligning the lens and housing back into perfect position so I didnt sand it off (kinda like a puzzle).
Installing the rings is a breeze, Im a perfectionist by nature which is another reason I did these myself, Im EXTREMELY picky lol
After I got all four rings in, it was time to seal. Problem was I bought clear silicon that apparently came white and dried clear in 14 days!! Oops (Moral of the story, make sure you get the right silicon and a quality one at that)
SO after buying the right silicon, I sealed the lens. I first cleaned the lens and housing thoroughly and then sealed them up.
After I sealed all four lights. I came back and sealed them again. Then sealed them again, and one more time for added insurance. Overkill? Definitly- but it was peace of mind for me. Oh and I should add, my seal job looked brutal after all those layers but oh well, bezel covers it up anyways.
So after all that, came the wiring part. This part is a breeze -seriously - a breeze. I installed all four lights, wired them up and modified the tail light bulbs as well.
Car looked great. Then I went down and painted all my bezels flat black, boy did that make a difference.

So now my car sits in the garage, and everytime I take the winter car out, I open the garage, press unlock on my Camaro key fob (yes I carry it around with me lol) and watch those burners come on and just say "WOW"

Ill post a crappy pic for now but I just recently took some better pics which i still need to add to the PC.

So thats my honest review on the install, would I do it again? Definitly
Was it easy? Hell no but working on your own car is priceless.
Can I break something? The Lens if your not carefull but majority of the mistakes youll make, like me which was cutting the lens, is covered by the silicon seal anyways.
Do you like the AAC Burners? Is it worth it? NO.....I LOVE THEM and wish I had them sooner!

One more fun fact- GF bought me the burners for Christmas....shes a keeper
Name:  Paige afterburners 1 edit.jpg
Views: 3393
Size:  74.7 KB
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:37 AM   #12
Support@OracleLights.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
I have them and LOVE THEM!
Installed them myself. My DVD came with everything but the Burner install After alot of pms with Stieger and AAC, i got it done.

My thoughts about the Install. HONEST Review

Alright so my GF bought me tail light blackouts a few years ago, so doing the core exchange was not an option for me. Also, the install price was an extra $200 and as a student, I couldnt afford that.
So I decided to install them myself. How hard can they be right? LOL
Ok so first off, removing the nuts on the tail lights- The corner tail lights have a nut you have to remove in one of the most impossible places, seriously its ridiculous. Thank god mine were finger tight because I didnt have any tool which would fit in there.
Ok so you get all the bolts out, now you have to take the bezels out.
I watched a thousand videos on removing them, still didnt stop me from fudging up the first one lol I said no biggie, im going to paint them flat black anyways. Keep in mind, I take extra precautions to protect the tail lights and bezel but it still seemed to make blemishes on the bezel. Oh well- I suggest getting Nylon pry tools as other members suggested and swear by it. Some people also take em out with no problems.
I was doing this in an unheated garage when the temps outside were -15 degrees

Alright so at this point you have all four taillights out.
The cutting part is quite terrifying at first. Come on, how many owners do you see cutting their own tail lights?! Anyways, some how I grew the nads to continue cutting the lens off and got better with each tail light. I was going to sand down the rough edges but then realized that keeping them helped with alligning the lens and housing back into perfect position so I didnt sand it off (kinda like a puzzle).
Installing the rings is a breeze, Im a perfectionist by nature which is another reason I did these myself, Im EXTREMELY picky lol
After I got all four rings in, it was time to seal. Problem was I bought clear silicon that apparently came white and dried clear in 14 days!! Oops (Moral of the story, make sure you get the right silicon and a quality one at that)
SO after buying the right silicon, I sealed the lens. I first cleaned the lens and housing thoroughly and then sealed them up.
After I sealed all four lights. I came back and sealed them again. Then sealed them again, and one more time for added insurance. Overkill? Definitly- but it was peace of mind for me. Oh and I should add, my seal job looked brutal after all those layers but oh well, bezel covers it up anyways.
So after all that, came the wiring part. This part is a breeze -seriously - a breeze. I installed all four lights, wired them up and modified the tail light bulbs as well.
Car looked great. Then I went down and painted all my bezels flat black, boy did that make a difference.

So now my car sits in the garage, and everytime I take the winter car out, I open the garage, press unlock on my Camaro key fob (yes I carry it around with me lol) and watch those burners come on and just say "WOW"

Ill post a crappy pic for now but I just recently took some better pics which i still need to add to the PC.

So thats my honest review on the install, would I do it again? Definitly
Was it easy? Hell no but working on your own car is priceless.
Can I break something? The Lens if your not carefull but majority of the mistakes youll make, like me which was cutting the lens, is covered by the silicon seal anyways.
Do you like the AAC Burners? Is it worth it? NO.....I LOVE THEM and wish I had them sooner!

One more fun fact- GF bought me the burners for Christmas....shes a keeper
Attachment 323112
Thank you for the review! I am very happy to hear you are enjoying them!
Old 01-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #13
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan@AACstyle.com View Post
Thank you for the review! I am very happy to hear you are enjoying them!
I Seriously couldnt be happier. Just wish you guys couldve pressured me into doing this earlier
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 01-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #14
TJ91

Got Burners?

Name:  Paige afterburners 2 edit.jpg
Views: 2463
Size:  133.3 KB

Just like the Camaro, pics dont capture how awesome the afterburners are in person