Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Australia

Old 07-27-2013, 07:25 AM   #1
Stubbsy

Drives: 2012 2SS RS
Are there any Aussies using this forum ???

Where are all the Aussie Camaro owners, ther must be quite a few of us by now.
I located in Coffs Harbour NSW.
Stubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
broadz

Drives: 2010 Australian 2SS RS
i'm from Morwell Victoria
broadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
Stubbsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadz View Post
i'm from Morwell Victoria
G'Day Broadz, finally an other Aussie lurking on this forum we seem to be a rare breed. How long have you owned your Camaro, can you post some photos ?
Old 11-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #4
Thunder Downunder
OZ & US Muscle

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS & Commodore SS-V
haven't been on the site for while - g'day to you both

Thunder Downunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #5
Stubbsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Downunder View Post
haven't been on the site for while - g'day to you both
I'm normally on every couple of days checking out what our American cousins are up to.
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #6
Spiller085

Drives: 2010 2SS - LPE 7l 630hp Crate
Hi All,
Just joined up and although It's not mine, I have spent some time in a friend's 2010 that I do the occasional work on.

Currently has an electrical issue that I am trying to solve but not having much luck - It was converted by performax in QLD - and since then we have fitted a Lingenfelter 630HP crate 7 litre.

I've pent numerous hours tidying up things that were a little off on the conversion - sealed the plenum and airbox correctly, moved the indicator's to the top of the taillights etc. The dash and interior are really quite good quality, it's basically impossible to tell that it's not standard except for the footrest in the passenger side of the car, and the glovebox looks and feels a little cheap when you actually open it.

Recently fitted an electric adjustable seat for the driver as both the owner and myself are over 6ft and the original passenger seat had no height adjustment.

It had factory 21's, sunroof and Ground Effects which has been painted to match the body recently, except the rear diffuser which had the centre painted black.

I'm hoping the guys on here can give me a hand to track down the fault that has been beating me for the past 18 months or so.
Attached Images

Spiller085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #7
Stubbsy

Nice car it must perform well with the engine upgrade, what electrical issue are you having?
Old 12-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #8
Spiller085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy View Post
Nice car it must perform well with the engine upgrade, what electrical issue are you having?
It's running rough and underpowered. It's overfuelling under load so pops through the exhaust and has really bad carbon exit from the exhaust. (when I say underpowered its only when you give it more than 1/3 throttle - so it's still no slouch, just nowhere near where it could be and was after it was first installed and then tuned)

It's giving p0102 00 codes which is MAF sensor low Frequency and it logs as soon as the engine fires (The conditions for setting the code are supposed to be >5 seconds run time). If you unplug the MAF it throws a service stabilitrak warning and U2100 code which is a CAN Bus Communication fault (With the EBCM from memory)

I've seen that there was a dealer communication on chafed wires at the exhaust manifold heatshield on the front of the engine but I've been through the engine harness literally wire for wire and cannot find any breaks or crossed wires.

Any ideas would be handy but I think I will post in the main tech forum - I have a couple more things to try from other peoples experience before I go too far though.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #9
Stubbsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiller085 View Post
It's running rough and underpowered. It's overfuelling under load so pops through the exhaust and has really bad carbon exit from the exhaust. (when I say underpowered its only when you give it more than 1/3 throttle - so it's still no slouch, just nowhere near where it could be and was after it was first installed and then tuned)

It's giving p0102 00 codes which is MAF sensor low Frequency and it logs as soon as the engine fires (The conditions for setting the code are supposed to be >5 seconds run time). If you unplug the MAF it throws a service stabilitrak warning and U2100 code which is a CAN Bus Communication fault (With the EBCM from memory)

I've seen that there was a dealer communication on chafed wires at the exhaust manifold heatshield on the front of the engine but I've been through the engine harness literally wire for wire and cannot find any breaks or crossed wires.

Any ideas would be handy but I think I will post in the main tech forum - I have a couple more things to try from other peoples experience before I go too far though.

Good luck with that one, sounds like it could be a wiring problem, if the MAF can set off a Stabitrak code.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:12 AM   #10
Aussie ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 manual RHD
Hi guys,

I'm in Melbourne and have a 2013 manual ZL1.

I get down Geelong way a lot. ( I'm involved with the Carbon Fibre Plant out at Deakin in Waurn Ponds.

Here's a pic taken at Warnambool this weekend

It's a corvette clinic conversion. I love the car.

Cheers

Brad
Old 03-24-2014, 08:16 PM   #11
Spiller085

Well we got the electrical issue sorted, when the guys put a tune in, they had turned something off in the learning and the ECM was getting confused when it was trying to make adjustments apparently.

I haven't seen it or driven it since but apparently good as gold now - well better since it has the full 600+HP on tap now.

That looks great Brad. Great choice on colour and am I just seeing black rims or have you got Carbon Nexus to put together some carbon-fibre rims for it too? If that is the case I'd be really interested to have a look...

Have you had any issues on the conversion at all? I know someone considering a C7 and performax did a great job on a friends C6, but the Camaro had a couple of little flaws (May have just been that it was an early conversion as the cars hadn't been out long when it was done). Just interested to see how others are rated.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #12
Aussie ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 manual RHD
Ha Ha, no, they are the standard black ZL1 wheels.I do know the guys at Carbon revolution well though.They currently only have 19" rims available, so I'm not sure they will clear the ZL1 rotors and callipers.I'm currently in the US and am picking up some goodies for the car while I'm here. CheersBrad
Old 03-27-2014, 06:57 PM   #13
Spiller085

I haven't tried on the Camaro's but so far as I understand the ZL1 calipers are the same as the SS, which should be the same as the Redline Commodore Calipers. 365mm rotors on all of them I believe.

You can actually get 18's over the redline calipers. It's tight but possible, my friend's SS has some noise/vibration addon's hanging off the back of the caliper but they aren't a necessity and could be removed, so the only issue in getting 19's over them would then be offset. The caliper is actually proud of the rotor hat so the rim needs to curve outwards from the mating surface to the rotor, that may be an issue on the Carbon Rims.

That all said it would be a bit disappointing to go from 20's to 19's, maybe easiest to just wait until they gear up a little.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:56 AM   #14
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
You Australian guys have beautiful women as well. I like this one Anna Meares. And Michelle Jenneke.
Attached Images

L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote