Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-20-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
MP3 USB Audio Question Someone Should Be Able To Solve!

Simple question thats been bothering me since I still dont have my Camaro, any minute now they should be phoning me! My question is, when your playing a mix (trance/house/electro/hiphop) anything mixable music and you have tracks, is there a big pause or any pause in between tracks or does the headunit automatically start playing the next track?

Reason I ask is house music when in a mix sounds bad when you have a 2 or 3 second silence between the current and next track :( It kinda defeats the purpose of the mix when the headunit pauses and its annoying when your blasting your tunes and everything dies for 2 or 3 seconds.

I have a feeling I'm gonna have to listen to the entire mix in one track and pray to god our headunits and cycle through a 2 hour mix decently and not take 5 years.

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:42 AM   #2
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
Simple question thats been bothering me since I still dont have my Camaro, any minute now they should be phoning me! My question is, when your playing a mix (trance/house/electro/hiphop) anything mixable music and you have tracks, is there a big pause or any pause in between tracks or does the headunit automatically start playing the next track?

Reason I ask is house music when in a mix sounds bad when you have a 2 or 3 second silence between the current and next track :( It kinda defeats the purpose of the mix when the headunit pauses and its annoying when your blasting your tunes and everything dies for 2 or 3 seconds.

I have a feeling I'm gonna have to listen to the entire mix in one track and pray to god our headunits and cycle through a 2 hour mix decently and not take 5 years.

Shaun

Yeah theres a pause and I didnt see any way to shut it off. I was bothered too by it cause I was like is this thing still working????

Bad news for you is that if you shut down the car it restarts the track, so if you were listening to a 2 hour mix after an hour if you stopped, youd start all over again.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Yeah theres a pause and I didnt see any way to shut it off. I was bothered too by it cause I was like is this thing still working????

Bad news for you is that if you shut down the car it restarts the track, so if you were listening to a 2 hour mix after an hour if you stopped, youd start all over again.
How is the track seek function on the higher quality 256 and 320kbps MP3s? Is it slow as a turtle while trying to seek from 1min in to 1H:18M or does it zoom through the longer you hold?

Oh god, I hope GM fixes this bug with some sort of an firmware upgrade or sometin.

Oh and thanks for the heads up! I'm currently loading up a 32GB Corsair flash drive and I wasnt sure whether to put tracks or the entire mix itself on.

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:18 PM   #4
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Keep in mind that there's a 2500 track limit. You'll likely go over that if you load up that 32gigger.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #5
aldaran

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS/RS
Wow. I did not know that. I don't have that much music. 4GB is plenty for me. The rest is on CD or just play the old radio.
aldaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:14 PM   #6
stet

Drives: Victory Red 2SS/RS
If you use an Ipod to play your MP3s then they will play without gaps between songs.
stet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:15 PM   #7
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
How is the track seek function on the higher quality 256 and 320kbps MP3s? Is it slow as a turtle while trying to seek from 1min in to 1H:18M or does it zoom through the longer you hold?

Oh god, I hope GM fixes this bug with some sort of an firmware upgrade or sometin.

Oh and thanks for the heads up! I'm currently loading up a 32GB Corsair flash drive and I wasnt sure whether to put tracks or the entire mix itself on.

Shaun
Honestly never tried it I couldn't answer that one for ya..... I do only use 256+ k MP3s tho, they sound great.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote