Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-27-2014, 09:23 PM   #1
dccmsadams

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Blower fan speed changes.

Hello, I just bought this 2010 used Camaro. The fan speed fluctuates when turned to position 2 or 3. What is the most common cause of this? Motor or blower resistor/module possibly? Thanks.
dccmsadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:53 PM   #2
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dccmsadams View Post
Hello, I just bought this 2010 used Camaro. The fan speed fluctuates when turned to position 2 or 3. What is the most common cause of this? Motor or blower resistor/module possibly? Thanks.
My Camaro does this too. They did a software update to my HVAC controls which seemed to fix another issue, but the fan but it still does it. A 2014 Silverado I had as a loaner did the same thing.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:53 PM   #3
Dale_K

Drives: 2014 1LS
Switch your DIC screen so you're showing system voltage and watch the reading while listening to the fan at the same time. You might notice the voltage changing when the fan speeds vary. I think it's normal because of how the GM cars perform the battery charging. They try to run the alternator at max during coasting and less when you're on the power. The system voltage varies and that makes the fan run at a slightly different rpm. At least that's how my other recent GM cars worked.
Dale_K is offline   Reply With Quote