Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-18-2021, 11:12 AM   #197
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
just reading this thread..and man...did some of you all call it when you said this may be the end for Camaros...right on point of what went wrong in the last 3 years..
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 04:26 PM   #198
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Look it is real simple
55, 56 & 57 are classics
Personal opinion so are the 10's-15's
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 12:04 PM   #199
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
now that gas is high priced again im damn glad i got the 6 cylinder.sure,a gen 6 would probably get 2 mpg better mileage,but the insides too small for me,and the car still looks and drives like it did the day i bought it.hope to keep it many more years...at least till the gen 7 comes out with fusion power and cranks off sub 7 second ETs...needs new fuel rods every 200k.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 01:58 PM   #200
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
I met a beautiful black 6 gen. SS on the way from the chassis geometry service.
I followed him for a while and was about to overtake him on the coming hill.

The road widened with another lane, so I down shift and stepped on the gas.
Camaro immediately sprang forward and I started to overtake him.
He didn't give up

But the fight was in vain. I started running away from him.
Then he followed me to the gas station.

I was very amused by his girlfriend.
"Don't you want to change for our Camaro? He's completely stupid!
I told him these old Camaros were faster."

Of course 6 gen. was unmodified, low octane gasoline and drove in it 2.
I was alone

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 02:38 PM   #201
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
The 5th gen is the last true muscle car GM will ever make. Sure the 6th gen beat it but it doesn't have the road presence of the 5th gen. My fbo..cammed geared on a drag pack 2011shakes rattles and rolls at the lights....throw in the retro styling and it's a killer combo.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 02:46 PM   #202
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
The 5th gen is the last true muscle car GM will ever make. Sure the 6th gen beat it but it doesn't have the road presence of the 5th gen. My fbo..cammed geared on a drag pack 2011shakes rattles and rolls at the lights....throw in the retro styling and it's a killer combo.
Damn straight brother. 5th looks soooooo much better than the 6th.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:13 PM   #203
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
So I had to decide between a 14'ZL1 or a 2019 SS for about the same money. I decided the ZL1 had more horsepower and I liked the 5th gen look so that's what I went with. I initially was looking at 6th gen ZL1's but at $53,000, I could buy the 5th and use that extra $15,000 for mods which I have and still have money to spare. I'm still happy with that decision, but gee that C7 Z06 looks good! lol
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote