Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-19-2019, 10:36 AM   #15
LsxDoctor
15 Year LS1Tech Member

Drives: 2010 ss 391ci LS3
Throttle body is going to be a couple hundred bucks for what... maybe 2-5 rwhp? Exhaust is going to run $300-$700 for a decent setup for what... maybe 20rwhp (at best) and your car is going to sound horrible. If you want a good sounding and fast car, get an SS.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't put a loud exhaust on you v6 it sounds like crap!

GJDM
LsxDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:44 AM   #16
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincog View Post
Having owned a 2013 V6 and driven it daily for 6.5 years and 140k miles going through 2 engines, HVAC issues, radio issues, suspension issues, rear end noise, etc. and getting no help from GM.....um, sure childish works.....but I can tell you had I known these issues when I bought it I would have gotten the v8. The v6 has lots of tech and when things are working it is fun to drive despite the QC issues. My experience is that the v6 is not made to last and the dealers cannot fix them.

I should not have to buy a catch can because of design and engineering issues.

Period.

When you friends see a Camaro on the side of the road broken and always ask if it was you there is an issue. Others will not say it but I will.
Enjoy it while it lasts but do not expect it to last a long time. They were not engineered to last.

My 2013 is gone and hopefully back to Satan's garage where it belongs.

Kind of second this on my 2nd engine with no help from gm ( dealer on other hand discounted slightly )

Im at a ugh love my cars look but it lacks sound as for power Im ok but who could say no to more lol. I dont track or street race nor do I show my car. That being said having bei g taken for a pull in a supercharged v8 my car is meh. Still love it but its lacking yet for my needs still practical. So weird to explain.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:48 AM   #17
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Exhaust is going to be entirely up to you. There's a lot of systems on the market that are just loud and make the car sound ricey/raspy. You're going to have to listen to a lot of audio clips to really decide on something, and they won't do it any justice. I did a mild axle back on my 2010 (SLP Power-FLo) and it would rattle the kitchen wall on cold start before it settled. Some of the more obnoxious ones would be even worse.

As far as "FEEL", you're likely best to plan for a 3.91 rear swap from a 1LE. The V6 is notoriously devoid of low-end torque, and you can compensate for this by going with numerically higher gears. This should perk her up more than just about any other modification you will do short of forced induction.

Quote:
Having owned a 2013 V6 and driven it daily for 6.5 years and 140k miles going through 2 engines, HVAC issues, radio issues, suspension issues, rear end noise, etc. and getting no help from GM.....um, sure childish works.....but I can tell you had I known these issues when I bought it I would have gotten the v8. The v6 has lots of tech and when things are working it is fun to drive despite the QC issues. My experience is that the v6 is not made to last and the dealers cannot fix them.

I should not have to buy a catch can because of design and engineering issues.

Period.
Sounds like a lemon. There are V8 lemons as well. HVAC, radio, suspension, and rear noise have nothing to do with the V6 specifically. I had a 2010 2LT with the LLT that was known for chain stretch and traded it in at 65k with no issues even after slapping a supercharger on it, and have a 2014 2LT LLT with just about 90k on it with no issues. As far as the catch can goes, intake valve coking (which is what a catch can reduces, not eliminates) is an issue on all direct-injection engines from every manufacturer. You can run it without one. Just do your upper intake maintenance more regularly.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 02:02 PM   #18
PowertoLove
Banned

Drives: A Sneaky Fast Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
Kind of second this on my 2nd engine with no help from gm ( dealer on other hand discounted slightly )

Im at a ugh love my cars look but it lacks sound as for power Im ok but who could say no to more lol. I dont track or street race nor do I show my car. That being said having bei g taken for a pull in a supercharged v8 my car is meh. Still love it but its lacking yet for my needs still practical. So weird to explain.
What happened to your engine?
PowertoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 02:48 PM   #19
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
When I had my 2014 lfx I had the MRT version 2 mufflers with a cold air inductions intake car sounded very nice. Both the V6 and V8 camaros are great fun cars .
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 06:48 AM   #20
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowertoLove View Post
What happened to your engine?
Threw a rod through sidewall.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 01:49 PM   #21
PowertoLove
Banned

Drives: A Sneaky Fast Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post