Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-05-2022, 06:14 PM   #1
hcch

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS LS3
Camaro full sound upgrade project

Hello fellow Cam5 coleagues...

I just started puting together the new audio system for my 2010 camaro since I want something with better performance and audio quality.

So far the thing I already purchased are:

7 in double din Atoto F7 unit (since have so many good opinions in Amazon)

REF6530CXAM 6.5 infinity component speakers
REF9630CXAM 6x9 infinity component speakers
REF1000S shallow infinity mount subwoofer

ST4.1000D Amplifier from soundstream

The thins I am still looking to buy are:

ST1.1000D Amplifier for the sub

And honestly the dash kit that has my attention is the PAC with the AC buttons on it, if you may have any suggestions pleas let me know and may be buy some 6 channel speakers wires from stinger I do not know if the 17 foot will fit fine since I may be installing both amps in the rear left side of the inner trunk area.

I do not know what will be the best amp cables for those 1000w amps, and also if anyone has some suggestions on the speaker wires please do so.

Any sugestions are more than welcome.

I will post some photos of the producst I have with me in a couple of days
hcch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 07:15 PM   #2
Little Walter

Drives: ZL1
You are putting together a very nice setup, with all the power you plan on using the Infinity Kappa 603CF sound great and can handle a bit more power RMS and peak.
Little Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 07:52 PM   #3
hcch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Walter View Post
You are putting together a very nice setup, with all the power you plan on using the Infinity Kappa 603CF sound great and can handle a bit more power RMS and peak.
Thanks for the suggestion... unfortunatly the 6.5 set amazon return window is overdue.

I was between the KAPPA-93iX and the 6x9 set i got... what are your thoughts on that 2 options?
Old 06-07-2022, 08:35 AM   #4
Little Walter

Drives: ZL1
I have no experience with the Infinity 6X9 but based on the other infinity speakers that I have used all have been great speakers for the money, actually over performers for the cost of the speakers.
Little Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 09:22 AM   #5
the85darkknight

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS Green Flash Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcch View Post
Hello fellow Cam5 coleagues...

I just started puting together the new audio system for my 2010 camaro since I want something with better performance and audio quality.

So far the thing I already purchased are:

7 in double din Atoto F7 unit (since have so many good opinions in Amazon)

REF6530CXAM 6.5 infinity component speakers
REF9630CXAM 6x9 infinity component speakers
REF1000S shallow infinity mount subwoofer

ST4.1000D Amplifier from soundstream

The thins I am still looking to buy are:

ST1.1000D Amplifier for the sub

And honestly the dash kit that has my attention is the PAC with the AC buttons on it, if you may have any suggestions pleas let me know and may be buy some 6 channel speakers wires from stinger I do not know if the 17 foot will fit fine since I may be installing both amps in the rear left side of the inner trunk area.

I do not know what will be the best amp cables for those 1000w amps, and also if anyone has some suggestions on the speaker wires please do so.

Any sugestions are more than welcome.

I will post some photos of the producst I have with me in a couple of days
17' of RCAs are perfect for our car. I have installed and done all of the wiring for using that PAC kit.

I watched this video as a guide:

https://youtu.be/jP28s8uyjVI

I do advise taking your time on the wiring connections and go ahead and wrap up everything and tuck away as neat as you can.

PM me for details and tips as I have done about everything you have described. I have even added speaker mounts and sound deadened.

IG: StarSaber85(https://www.instagram.com/starsaber85/)

Performance Mods:
-CAI, Inc. Cold Air Intake
-ADM Racing Scoop
-GPI Ported Rod Mod Intake
-Kooks 1-7/8" Headers with Catted Connections
-Solo Mach XL Axle-Back Exhaust

the85darkknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 02:09 PM   #6
hcch

Quote:
Originally Posted by the85darkknight View Post
17' of RCAs are perfect for our car. I have installed and done all of the wiring for using that PAC kit.

I watched this video as a guide:

https://youtu.be/jP28s8uyjVI

I do advise taking your time on the wiring connections and go ahead and wrap up everything and tuck away as neat as you can.

PM me for details and tips as I have done about everything you have described. I have even added speaker mounts and sound deadened.
Many thanks for your kind response, since I was able to get the cables during one US layover i got this 2 items:

Stinger SI8420 20-Foot 4-Channel 8000-Series Audiophile Grade RCA Interconnect Cable

and

Stinger SI6220 20-Foot 2-Channel 6000 Series Audiophile Grade RCA Interconnect Cable , BLUE

since I did not saw your reply I ended up getting the 20 foot to be safe on the lenght, better to have a bit more that need more.

I will PM for your kind advice, thanks again
Old 06-25-2022, 03:50 PM   #7
hcch

Hi guys, just a quick update on the part setup.

I ended up changing the PAC dashkit, for the PAC RPK5-GM4101, for the one that does not includ the AC turn knobs, instead I will swap the OEM ones, that was because the other price went to high.

For the sub I have the Hifonics ZTH-1225.1D Zeus Theta instead the stealth soundstream mono amp, again the price went up. I was between the hifonics and the Soundstream BXA1-7500D, because of the size of the amp, I really want to be able to fit both amps were the stock one is on the left back truck area behind the cover.

I am trying to contact PAC to be sure that the Atoto headunit I’ll fit fine on the dash kit, I have read that in some cases the 7 inch double din units does not fit right, and also to check what is the correct selection brand on the pac brains, we’re you turn for your unit brand.

That is all for now I will start the installation process on the first week of July.

Now I am searching for the proper gauge number for the power and grounds, there are some interesting videos and from “my numbers” I may go for 0 from the battery to the fuse box and the. 4 from there to the two amps.

Any comment on that will be most than welcome, also regarding the fuse setup
Old 06-30-2022, 05:16 PM   #8
hcch

I now have all the components, I will start next Monday. We will keep you posted.

I am doing some research on the sub box measures. The manual states that for a close box the cubic feet recommended is .5 so I do not know in a box measure I that.

I am installing a 150 amp ANL fuse box and for all the system 4 gauge cable

If you have any recommendations on that they will be appropriated

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9 Pro mediante Tapatalk