Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #15
coolingmist

Drives: fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Cool,

so the lower limit sets the point at which to begin the Methanol Injection. I'm guessing so you won't be using methanol for normal daily driving and conserving it for when you need it?

The Max limit sets the point at which the injection system is at 100 percent flow capacity, introducing as much methanol into the engine as the pump is capable of.....???

If I understand it all then I have this question.

why not just go to 100% flow at the min threshold? instead of increasing flow from 0 - 100% as you move from the min to the max limits???

Or am I confused...

Thanks a ton!!!
You need more flow as boost or air flow increases. If you turn on a full blast, you will get too much at at low boost or not enough at low boost. Having a progressive feed...more flow with more boost is optimum. You need more fuel as you have more boost and you need more flow as well.

CM
coolingmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:57 PM   #16
coolingmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Oh and should I have this on the car at time of tuning the computer, what needs to happen so that the tune takes full advantage of you system and vice versa.

If you want to tune the max power tuning the system at the time you tune your vehicle will get the most gain. Installing the system after you tune your vehicle will gain some power but also be a great way to protect your engine as a better safety buffer.

CM
Old 01-09-2010, 09:08 PM   #17
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Can you elaborate on what is envolved in tuning your system... and why you can get more power if you do it at the same time as the engine tune.

Thanks.

Extremely likley I will purchase this.... My car should be ready in March.

Thanks again, Looks like an awesome product.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #18
coolingmist

when I said tuning the system I meant when you tune your engine if you do so with the methanol, your tuner can do so in a way to extract the most power. Typically they trim the fuel and compensate with methanol. Tuning our system is simple as changing the dials to set the min/max, so forth.

CM
Old 01-09-2010, 09:14 PM   #19
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolingmist View Post
when I said tuning the system I meant when you tune your engine if you do so with the methanol, your tuner can do so in a way to extract the most power. Typically they trim the fuel and compensate with methanol. Tuning our system is simple as changing the dials to set the min/max, so forth.

CM
Understood!

Thanks very much for all the explanations!

It makes much more sense to me now...

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:12 PM   #20
PhantomVXR

Drives: Summit White 2SS RS
Any point in fitting this if your car is NA.......400rwhp?
PhantomVXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #21
coolingmist

only if your vehicle is high compression or you set timing advance more than you can normally run on pump gas or you dont want to run race gas and want to run pump gas instead.

Our systems get you more power by cooling your charge temps. When you have a forced induction your vehicle has alot more heat, the water/meth cools, you get power back. Many N/A vehicles dont make much heat, not as much gain.

CM
Old 03-20-2010, 07:56 AM   #22
coolingmist

let us know what questions you guys have! As this forums grows more and more camaros are now running this kit. It makes a super clean setup, high performance, with a level of safety.

CM
Old 03-23-2010, 07:09 AM   #23
coolingmist

here are some videos that my tech has done. Notice how precise the CMGS is?

http://www.coolingmist.com/videos.aspx
Old 03-26-2010, 08:08 AM   #24
coolingmist

let us know what questions you guys have. we have the most competent system on the market. You will never be in the dark with ours.

CM
Old 04-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #25
coolingmist

Let us know what questions you have. Our CMGS kits are becoming very popular on this forum. Any questions about the kits or how they work, just post up.

CM
Old 04-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #26
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Hey Coolingmist, I have your cmg-fs kit on my SS from Jannetty, I think the first one that was on a Camaro and I love the system. Its absolutely flawless. My question is do you have a kit that will work on my new 2011 Turbo diesel BMW 335D? I cranked up the boost, dumped in a ton of fuel, but need a meth kit for it. Jannetty Racing will be in contact with you tommorrow to get it situated. Thanks for a great product.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #27
coolingmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Hey Coolingmist, I have your cmg-fs kit on my SS from Jannetty, I think the first one that was on a Camaro and I love the system. Its absolutely flawless. My question is do you have a kit that will work on my new 2011 Turbo diesel BMW 335D? I cranked up the boost, dumped in a ton of fuel, but need a meth kit for it. Jannetty Racing will be in contact with you tommorrow to get it situated. Thanks for a great product.
Hello, thanks so much for your compliments. During the design process I stepped into the shoes of my customers and asked the question "What do my customers want" and then I added a few bells and whistles so to hear feeback like this makes it all worth while.

Yes we have BMW specific kits. I personally have a 135I. Our BMW 135I/335I kit would work well for your application with the exception of the Jb3 integration. With the adjustablility of the kit you have now (CMGS FS) we can do something similar for your BMW.

Are you getting a flash box or chip for the BMW? what mods do you have?

CM
Old 04-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #28
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Damn, that was some fast customer service!! I'm not sure what you call it. The only thing I could find was from Belgium and its a box that has a dial (1-10) and is located in the cab and it gets plugged into something that on the fuel rail. The amount that you can turn it up depends on what injectors that car has. Mine has bosch so I can crank it up to 10! I saw the 335 kit and I figured that Ted would get what else he needed to make it work and then dial it in on the dyno like the camaro.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote