Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-17-2010, 11:27 AM   #1
SS Michael

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Problems with my new Camaro SS!!!!!

Has anyone experienced this problem with their Camaro. I have the L99 auto and when I first recieved the car the throtle response was sensitive or as I was pushing down on the pedal the car would accelerate immediately all the way through. Now there is this lag and it is like the car has to think for a few seconds before it decides to catch up. It really doesnt feel responsive or right period. There is also a fluid squirting sound coming from what seems to be under the center console when I accelerate a little aggressively. Any thoughts? Does the lag have to do with the fuel management on the L99 (the 4cyl under low stress to moving all 8cyl under higher stress)??? Im tuning my car and putting a supercharger on it etc. and they aid they can deprogram the 4cyl feature. Would this help? Anybody know what the fluid squirting sound could be? Would a torque converter help this as well? There are times that I step on the gas and it takes 3-5 seconds to react and sometime I'll punch it and it will accelerate as if im barely touching it. Something is definitely wrong and it doesnt even have 1000 miles on it. Chevy said they saw nothing wrong with it but I know my car. I would really appreciate some feedback.Thank you very much in advance for your help!!! I just got my Camaro and I'm already worried about it. What do I do?
SS Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
I test drove an L99 and I did not think it was that fast. I think my expectations were too high lol after looking at this car for 2+ years. I floored it and it did not take off as quick as I was expecting. Its also too quiet, so if it was louder it might seem faster haha.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
RickyTheStorm

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS,04 Colorado,06 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Michael View Post
Has anyone experienced this problem with their Camaro. I have the L99 auto and when I first recieved the car the throtle response was sensitive or as I was pushing down on the pedal the car would accelerate immediately all the way through. Now there is this lag and it is like the car has to think for a few seconds before it decides to catch up. It really doesnt feel responsive or right period. There is also a fluid squirting sound coming from what seems to be under the center console when I accelerate a little aggressively. Any thoughts? Does the lag have to do with the fuel management on the L99 (the 4cyl under low stress to moving all 8cyl under higher stress)??? Im tuning my car and putting a supercharger on it etc. and they aid they can deprogram the 4cyl feature. Would this help? Anybody know what the fluid squirting sound could be? Would a torque converter help this as well? There are times that I step on the gas and it takes 3-5 seconds to react and sometime I'll punch it and it will accelerate as if im barely touching it. Something is definitely wrong and it doesnt even have 1000 miles on it. Chevy said they saw nothing wrong with it but I know my car. I would really appreciate some feedback.Thank you very much in advance for your help!!! I just got my Camaro and I'm already worried about it. What do I do?
Couple things with the L99 - first, if at any time crappy gas got put in there it goes into low octane mode. There is a glitch where it doesn't reset when you put good gas back in and you have to pull 2 fuses (it's somewhere on the boards)

The squirting squishy sound - uh, are you leaking anything?

As for the fuel management if the car is running in DOD mode it takes a second to start running all 8 cyls again. Also - the way the car is designed when you let off the accelerator it cancels the fuel injectors and pump to stop putting gas in to save gas during coasting. It has a small lag to turn all back on again when you hit the gas.

Any of these could be the problem. Does the car haul ass like always when you pedal to the medal with the exception of the lag time from pedal down to response?

IOM - 2SS/RS - Auto - IAP - Sunroof - Ordered 10/13 (#7 at dealer)
3000(accepted to production ): 4/19/09
3300 (scheduled for prod ): 5/11/09
3400 (broadcast ): 5/16/09
3800 (produced ): 5/22/09
4150 (invoiced ): 6/01/09
4200 (shipped ): 6/01/09
5000 (at dealer ): 6/12/09
6000 (delivery to me ): 6/12/09
RickyTheStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
There is a fuse pull thread somewhere for the L99's. Resets the PCM parameters. Was an issue with the Camaro's early on and don't know if still an issue.

The torque convertor could be a problem...have you checked tranny fluid level?
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:42 AM   #5
PoGo

Drives: Alfa Romeo 159
You should go to nearby Chevrolet Service.
A few month ago I had the same thing with my Alfa Romeo 159. I thought it was fuel management or injection but it turned out to be EGR valve. I believe american cars also have EGR valves. As far as I know EGR burns the fumes one more time. It's more ecological. Anyway go to service. it's looks almost identical to my case but of course it could be something completely different. The gas pedal works electric it is possible that it could be some lag or sth like that.
I hope you understood me my english is average ;P

Quote:
As for the fuel management if the car is running in DOD mode it takes a second to start running all 8 cyls again. Also - the way the car is designed when you let off the accelerator it cancels the fuel injectors and pump to stop putting gas in to save gas during coasting. It has a small lag to turn all back on again when you hit the gas.
It could also be it. It depends what kind of lag it is.

Last edited by PoGo; 02-17-2010 at 01:16 PM.
PoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:55 AM   #6
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
There's a TSB for the fluid squirting sound. My car had that same sound coming from behind the glove box. The dealership had to replace a valve.

I also understand the delay when punching the gas. My car sometimes does it and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I get a pretty long delay while the computer decides what gear it wants to drop down to.

But besides that, my car absolutely hauls axx. You'll be real happy with your car especially if you get a few mods and get it tuned. The A6 has a lot of torque management holding back power.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:01 PM   #7
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
I have a automatic 2SS and one thing I notice on your oil pressure it's lower than mine. Mine is on the next line after the center line. I don't know if that's much different or not . But, I haven't had any problems w/ mine and I have 8,500.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:59 PM   #8
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
Two words. Torque Management.
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #9
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
The fuse pull calls for #5 and 20 I think can someone verify this I havent done mine , it seems to run fine but you may want to start with this first if the dealer tells you nothing is wrong
Old 02-17-2010, 07:05 PM   #10
SS Michael

Thank you, everybody, for your help and suggestions. I will take all into consideration and work towards figuring this out. I appreciate it again!
Old 02-17-2010, 10:45 PM   #11
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Do you have a delay in throttle response when in manual shift mode? If it responds differently that could tell if it is or isn't the transmission just looking for the proper gear or if there's a throttle/fuel issue.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #12
TripleX

Drives: 10' Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn18 View Post
The fuse pull calls for #5 and 20 I think can someone verify this I havent done mine , it seems to run fine but you may want to start with this first if the dealer tells you nothing is wrong
You are correct... 5 and 20 are the two fuses to yank out... I believe I read somewhere that this was an issue on earlier L99's, that the newer ones had been corrected to work properly...
TripleX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:03 PM   #13
Ripptide56

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Michael View Post
Thank you, everybody, for your help and suggestions. I will take all into consideration and work towards figuring this out. I appreciate it again!
Did you get your car at Champion? If so I know that they dont put premium fuel before they deliver them. I had to do the fuse pull in my car because of it.
Ripptide56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #14
SS Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripptide56 View Post
Did you get your car at Champion? If so I know that they dont put premium fuel before they deliver them. I had to do the fuse pull in my car because of it.
Yeah I did get it at champion. Did the fuse pull work? Its 5 and 20 correct? Do I just pull the two fuses and leave them out over night? when I turn the car back on thats when I should replace them correct? Thanks for your advice.

Tags
camaro, engine, l99, lag, problems