Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-11-2013, 02:16 AM   #1
mc_acoustic

Drives: 2010 1LT Limited Edition Camaro A6
Anyone have XENON Body C-Scoop Kit???

http://www.carid.com/2010-chevy-cama...p-1647948.html

Would love to see some more pics of camaros with this kit on it.

If you got it post your pics!!!!
mc_acoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:11 AM   #2
J_Vibe92

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
you get what you pay for... and in this case... please dont buy this. get the real things or people will make fun of you (ricer status) :/

Id looking into the hex vents, acs tl1 insert, or any hood like MPD, copo, terminator, etc
Visual mods: Eagle Eyes w/5k hids, Custom Hood Spears, Heritage Grille, Stage 2 LED Dome lights,Transformer Emblems, PD Bezels, 19in Chevy rims with pirellis, Blue painted calipers, GM GFX Front Splitter, 35/20 % Tint, TailLight Tint(charcoal)
1/4 Mile: 13.65 sec @ 102.53 mph R.I.P.
J_Vibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:15 AM   #3
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Anything like that that isn't functional...just save yourself the humiliation :S
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:18 AM   #4
mc_acoustic

Drives: 2010 1LT Limited Edition Camaro A6
K i kinda THOUGHT that... good to get confirmation...

I am thnking of doing the hood not sure what yet though.
mc_acoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
Schmidty
Facebook.com/SoCalCamaro5

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_acoustic View Post
K i kinda THOUGHT that... good to get confirmation...

I am thnking of doing the hood not sure what yet though.
Haha! It just took two opinions to convince you not to do it? As far as being functional...check your current side vents, ya they aren't functional. And those of us with an SS...ya, the mail slot isnt functional either. Spoilers, splitters, diffusers, etc. most do very little to add any additional "function" to the car. Do what makes you happy man. Some people like their cars looking stock or only do mods that add HP. To each their own. The AAC Camaro has those body scoops. I had them on my last camaro...pic below. And my SS is in the shop for spoiler, diffuser, ZL1 Bumper, and body scoops. I think it makes the car look 100% better.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
Sftshldr
Beast Rider

Drives: 2017 ZL1 BLK A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Haha! It just took two opinions to convince you not to do it? As far as being functional...check your current side vents, ya they aren't functional. And those of us with an SS...ya, the mail slot isnt functional either. Spoilers, splitters, diffusers, etc. most do very little to add any additional "function" to the car. Do what makes you happy man. Some people like their cars looking stock or only do mods that add HP. To each their own. The AAC Camaro has those body scoops. I had them on my last camaro...pic below. And my SS is in the shop for spoiler, diffuser, ZL1 Bumper, and body scoops. I think it makes the car look 100% better.

+1
C Scoops are as much "ricer" as underbody lighting. Which is to say ... not at all.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #7
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
The only thing I would suggest is that you spend a little extra money and get them installed a little "smoother" than they are so that they look more natural and less stick-on.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #8
jhiiidoc

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SLP Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
The only thing I would suggest is that you spend a little extra money and get them installed a little "smoother" than they are so that they look more natural and less stick-on.
+1

I like the look of mine but I'm getting ready to install ACS rear quarter panel vents in place of the Xenon side scoops. They are actually cut into the panels in place of the fake gills.

The Xenon side scoops can be made functional with some work. Hex vents look more "stock" and work well...But for those guys talking about "function"...this is a Cosmetic forum...so function is really moot.

It's your car...when it comes to cosmetic mods do what you want with it and don't worry about what others think. Just because someone wouldn't do it to their car doesn't mean you shouldn't do it to yours. There are people on this forum that argue the advantages/disadvantages of FI vs NA, M6 vs A6, SC vs Turbo, etc, etc, etc...in the end, all that matters is that it's your car, so do what you want.

Did you buy the car to make you happy or everyone else happy?

If you'd like to see some more pics, go here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10494
jhiiidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #9
family man

Drives: .
Looks like it was made for a Mustang.
family man is offline   Reply With Quote