Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-01-2013, 12:16 AM   #1
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Drives: 2010 SS
Audio Control LCQ-1

Any audio Guru's out there? I'm thinking of buying the Audio Control LCQ-1 to clean up my sound and give me some tuning capabilities. Am I going in the right direction with this unit? I have the BA system with aftermarket amps and speakers with subs. I'm using ********s FARK harness, if I install this unit would I then have to directly wire to the speakers? Any help is appreciated
JRE 470 RWHP Rough Idle Cam & Tune, Stainless Power LT Headers w/cats, Dynatech exhaust (no drone baby) CAI Intake, 4.10 Gears, JRE Posi Mod, JRE Billet Caps, LPW Diff Cover, Pfadt Diff Bushings, MGW Shifter, SJM Line-lock and bald tires.
BUMBLE-B-TUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #2
BigPopa71

Drives: Dark Knight
Before I got the scosche unit and aftermarket head unit I had one in my Camaro. Its a must have for anyone sticking with a stock Head Unit but changing the rest of the system out. It really cleans up the audio signal. My music sounded much better once I installed it. They retail for about $150.00 and I'm selling mine on in the Market place for $80 shipped. It was only used for a few months and is still like new.I just placed it there a few days ago in the audio section.
BigPopa71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:40 AM   #3
BigPopa71

Drives: Dark Knight
The speaker wires would go into the audio co trol unit
BigPopa71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #4
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
AudioControl makes a great product!
Old 05-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
crashprime

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS IOM M6
After all the reading I've done on line-out converters, I don't think you're going to find a better product for that price range. I was looking at the LCQ-1 and LC7i (both feature the AccuBass technology) long and hard and every review I could find was glowing. If you want to spend more, there's the JBL MS-8 ... but you're talking a 3-5x increase in price.

If I would have seen the LCQ-1 on the marketplace for $80 shipped I think I'd have gone that direction. For that price, it's a no brainer.
crashprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #6
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Thanks for all the input guys, this is what I wanted to hear. Now to go shopping.
JRE 470 RWHP Rough Idle Cam & Tune, Stainless Power LT Headers w/cats, Dynatech exhaust (no drone baby) CAI Intake, 4.10 Gears, JRE Posi Mod, JRE Billet Caps, LPW Diff Cover, Pfadt Diff Bushings, MGW Shifter, SJM Line-lock and bald tires.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:06 AM   #7
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Well now that I have installed it I have picked up alternator whine. If I turn the gain way down it goes away but I lose the volume that I want. Love the accubase feature, dunno what I did without it. Anyone have any advice on getting rid of the whine would be great. Already checked the grounding. It's wierd, it wasn't there before installing???
Old 09-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #8
mbober99

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMBLE-B-TUNA View Post
Well now that I have installed it I have picked up alternator whine. If I turn the gain way down it goes away but I lose the volume that I want. Love the accubase feature, dunno what I did without it. Anyone have any advice on getting rid of the whine would be great. Already checked the grounding. It's wierd, it wasn't there before installing???
using the same grounding point as your amps? If not you should.
mbober99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #9
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbober99 View Post
using the same grounding point as your amps? If not you should.
Yes I am 😎
Old 09-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #10
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Come on.......anyone........anyone!!! Hard to beleive with all the audio freaks out there that no one has a remedy for this.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #11
mbober99

I have seen alot of people had same issue thru searching google but never seen a solution to the problem. Im guessing that maybe there is a certain procedure to setting the gains between the ones on the lcq-1 and the amps maybe. My advice would be to calltech service at audio control as they very possibly could know the answer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #12
mbober99

I also have a brand new white one for sale, i bought a 3sixty.3 dsp to use instead because i cant get anywhere with my install i keep making changes... Lol

Old 09-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #13
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbober99 View Post
I have seen alot of people had same issue thru searching google but never seen a solution to the problem. Im guessing that maybe there is a certain procedure to setting the gains between the ones on the lcq-1 and the amps maybe. My advice would be to calltech service at audio control as they very possibly could know the answer.

Ya, I have yet to find a solution so far. I'll take your advice and give them a call, never even crossed my mind, duh. Thanks man
Old 09-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #14
mbober99

Hopefully they get ya goin