Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-18-2010, 04:29 PM   #113
rally yellow ss rs

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS RS
I just figured out how to fix it....can't believe I didnt think about this earlier. Just did it and all is right as rain, and mine was at the point where it just repeatedle always said no ipod connected. I was just out there with a last attempt at it, I disconnected my hdmi cord. I reset my Ipod as if it was locked up. I reconnected the hdmi cord and wolla! Its all perfect now. I was so mad before and now its perfect. I advise everyone do this and see if everything is good. Let me know please, because all thou mine is fixed now...I will still wanna address it with GM.
rally yellow ss rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #114
burntOmaro
Bye Bye GD

Drives: 2015 AGM SS (Everyday=1 day closer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rally yellow ss rs View Post
I just figured out how to fix it....can't believe I didnt think about this earlier. Just did it and all is right as rain, and mine was at the point where it just repeatedle always said no ipod connected. I was just out there with a last attempt at it, I disconnected my hdmi cord. I reset my Ipod as if it was locked up. I reconnected the hdmi cord and wolla! Its all perfect now. I was so mad before and now its perfect. I advise everyone do this and see if everything is good. Let me know please, because all thou mine is fixed now...I will still wanna address it with GM.
This used to work for me... along with turning off the car and removing the key and then crankin her back up. Then it just quit working all together. Just warning you... It may have worked this time but you may still have a problems down the road.

2010 CGM 2SS RS. Atomic Orange Metallic Stripes. Corsa Cat-Back. MGW Short-Throw. H&R Springs. AAC Halo/Fogs. 20" Havoc Wheels. SRP Pedals. RX Catch Can. Kicker L7 & Amp in ******** Stealth. Garys Custom Fenders. Roto-Fab CAI. Pfadt Trailing Arms.
burntOmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #115
rally yellow ss rs

the turning the car off, pulling the fuse, reset battery, etc didnt work at all. This did.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #116
rally yellow ss rs

I think I know what happened...Do you ever go thru your list to pick a song by using the ipod? It doesnt like that. It wants you to only use the steering wheel/ radio controls to do it. It freaks out when u take it out of its zombie mode being controlled by the radio. Its the only thing I did to make it be stupid in the first place.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #117
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Resetting the ipod has been listed several times already. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. I actually tried it several times to help with my issues but it hasnt helped at all. Glad you figured out what was going on with yours.

Meanwhile, for the rest of us with different issues.. new hardware is being developed, and a service bulletin will be issued once it goes in to production. Still waiting to hear back.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:45 PM   #118
rally yellow ss rs

After about 3 more times of starting the car after this fix, it did it again. I restarted the ipod while connected and it worked again. Its crappy it isnt a permanent fix, but glad I even have a temp fix. Why didnt GM do a little cross country drive to test all the features out to ensure quality control.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:00 AM   #119
Zakath
Nefarious

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Any news on a service bulletin for this?
Zakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #120
2010CamRS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Has anyone had their PDIM fixed since the NEW PDIM parts became available? Or are we all still waiting for the service bulletin?
2010CamRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #121
SDCamaro10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamRS View Post
Has anyone had their PDIM fixed since the NEW PDIM parts became available? Or are we all still waiting for the service bulletin?
Alot of the dealerships are still reluctant.. I've inquired about the TSB. If it gets released, I'll post it up.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #122
2010CamRS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Thanks SDCamaro10! It's much appreciated.
2010CamRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #123
SDCamaro10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamRS View Post
Thanks SDCamaro10! It's much appreciated.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:51 PM   #124
BowTie_True

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
@ SDCamaro10 thanks for keeping us posted.

Do we really think it is a hardware fix or can GM just push some software to address the problem? After all the USB is a standard configuration developed by Apple and accepted by general populist. I would not think GM would have missed that boat. Personally I would hope they could push it through an OnStar link and prevent the cost for both the dealerships and the customer's time.

I hope for a fix soon as I was thrilled to purchase this feature for my Zune, but let down ever since just waiting the fix. Now that my XM trial is over I am back in the lame world of commercials
BowTie_True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:11 PM   #125
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowTie_True View Post
@ SDCamaro10 thanks for keeping us posted.

Do we really think it is a hardware fix or can GM just push some software to address the problem? After all the USB is a standard configuration developed by Apple and accepted by general populist. I would not think GM would have missed that boat. Personally I would hope they could push it through an OnStar link and prevent the cost for both the dealerships and the customer's time.

I hope for a fix soon as I was thrilled to purchase this feature for my Zune, but let down ever since just waiting the fix. Now that my XM trial is over I am back in the lame world of commercials
If the 2011 models in production already have new hardware and new software, then we are just waiting for GM to send out a "Hey! We Screwed Up! Here's How To Fix It!" bulletin. Until then, it will require that your service department go above and beyond the call of duty to fix this problem for you.

If your dealer doesn't want to touch it and keeps telling you that you have the "Most up to date software available [for your PDIM]", then you need to show the problems with your car to a manager. Then take the manager out to the sales lot and go sit in a newer model with new hardware and software and show the manager how all the problems from your car are "magically" solved.

Plug in your USB device... Press and hold the "Menu" button, and after a few seconds your HW: XX and SW: XX versions will show on the screen. Compare yours to the new car that isn't having any problems.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:34 PM   #126
Scotimus

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Not all the 2011 models have the updated software/hardware. I got my camaro about 6 weeks ago and it's CC/CE
Scotimus is offline   Reply With Quote