Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-07-2009, 03:54 PM   #1
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
UPDATED: Interesting meeting between Red SRT Challenger and V6 Camaro

UPDATE

So i had spent the entire day at the beach (telling everyone i knew about my Camaro encounter) when i get a call from a buddy of mine

"hey man, i just saw that Camaro you told me about driving down 3rd!!"

(i was on the beach off 2nd, a block away)

So immediately, i jump into action and hurry off the beach to see if i can spot the Car driving by.

I finally reached the beginings of the parking lot, when i see something amazing. Not only do i see the red Camaro, but its pulling into the beach parking lot off 2nd right infront of me.

Big guy in the Camaro parks it at a toll meter a few feet in front of me and i go in to talk to him... common it was too much of a coincidence.

"Hey, nice car man, how did you get so lucky they let you take it all the way to Florida???"

The guy starts beeming, big smile on his face...

"Yea this car is a dream, idk how i got so lucky but im glad i did"

I ended up talking to this guy for a good 20-30 minutes about the car, seriously the guy was almost as excited about it as I was. In that 20-30 minutes my friend who had originally called had showed up to look at it, and i called my dad who lives down the street to come on down and take a look.

I learned that he was from the millford proving grounds and he had the car down in Florida testing how the heat/humidity effected the car. He looked like he was enjoying his assingment in his muscle shirt.

So just randomly, he shocked me with a...

"Hey, why dont you hop in the car?"

Im floored.... and wet/sandy from the beach so i graciously decline.

"Sorry, im all wet, but id love to"

This guy who I later decided was one of the nicest car people ive ever met, insisted i get in the car. Which, i ended up deciding i had to do.

Wow. Everything on the car was so nice. It looked like it was in a different class completely than the Mustang. The car had the 4-pack which was really neat in person, and the leather quality felt top notch. Everything was layed out perfectly, it was really amazing in person. I came away from it feeling that it was much more like a sports car than a muscle car.

So finally my Dad shows up, and he got all excited over the car, asking the guy about 15 times why GM hadn't put the car on the market sooner. My dad drives a 120K+ German Sports Car, but he was floored with how good of a job they did with the Camaro and how they priced it.

I have no idea what had gotten into the driver of this car the day before, but the guy i talked to today was great. I wanted to clear this up, It must have been a friend of his that he let drive who didnt want to get caught in a picture driving a car he wasnt allowed to be in on the internet.

Amazing Car

Originally....

So im leaving a classic car show in downtown Naples, Florida when i see something that really makes me do a double take. Rolling to a halt at the red light right infront of us is a Red V6 non-RS package camaro with Michigan plates. So obviously i tried keeping my cool, all the while flipping a shit.

Now what makes this esp. interesting, was the fact that i had gone to the car show and was currently riding shotgun in one of my best friends Brand New Torrid Red SRT Challenger. So here we go, rolling to a stop at a red light side by side.

The car looked amazing, the lines of the car really stood out and though im not a big fan of the Camaro red, it was really a looker. Inside the car were two gentleman that looked like they were trying out for the secret service. Both had headpieces in their ears, both wore black shades, and both were pretty big guys. My first reaction was to roll down my window and talk to the guys, so i yelled over to them

"hey, nice car!"

I got back a rather uninspiring nod of the head.

my buddy, always the instigator, was elbowing me in the side trying to get me to challenge them to a race. I however was doing my best to ignore him while trying to talk to the Camaro swat team.

"hey, so are you taking that car down to Bob Taylor Chevrolet or is it a test car?"

The guy turns to me, and goes

"why dont you move along."

So at this point im thinking hes had a long day and doesnt want to talk. Im ok with that.

Anyways im rolling my window back up, when i realize i need a picture of this! so immediately i wip out my iphone (we have really long red lights in Naples Florida) and go to take a picture.

GI Joe in the drivers seat watches me take out my iphone, recognizes that im attempting to take a picture, and immediately guns it making a right-on-red to get out of view.

So i was not very happy about that, however i got to see the V6 in action, and the exhaust sounded great as he gunned it to get away from the camera....
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."

Last edited by GatorBlue371; 03-09-2009 at 02:20 AM.
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #2
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
lol..he was rude because you were in a Dodge...j/k. I wonder why they were so uptight?
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
they were secret Ford spies that stole it!
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:10 PM   #4
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
lol..he was rude because you were in a Dodge...j/k. I wonder why they were so uptight?
your guess is as good as mine. I was being as polite as i could be and was clearly admiring the car rather than looking for a challenge so i was at a loss as to why they acted that way.

Quote:
lol. It sure did look that way.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
Old 03-07-2009, 04:19 PM   #6
1320junkie

Quote:
Yup!!
Old 03-07-2009, 04:20 PM   #7
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
your guess is as good as mine. I was being as polite as i could be and was clearly admiring the car rather than looking for a challenge so i was at a loss as to why they acted that way.
Red Camaro..and the were dressed in black..hmmmm They were georgia Bulldog fans and they probably didn't want to be seen talking to a Florida Gator Fan..well thats my second thought behing the Ford Spies
Old 03-07-2009, 04:29 PM   #8
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Red Camaro..and the were dressed in black..hmmmm They were georgia Bulldog fans and they probably didn't want to be seen talking to a Florida Gator Fan..well thats my second thought behing the Ford Spies
riiiiiight

Took bout 5 guys to pull him off.

SEC FTW.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #9
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Thats gay, atleast you kept cool about it, wouldve been a different story for me. I hope for the majority here, that no one acts like this when others come to admire our rides, i notice mustang guys do this all the time, even when we pull up in our mustang, its a dam shame. Anyways, when someone asks me about my car, or admires my 2LT RS, i will gladly talk to them, give em a rev, wth, even accept a to the speed limit challenge, but i sure as hell would not act like i own a lambo
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:33 PM   #10
Visual_Perfection

Drives: '02 Bonneville SLE
WHAT there was a car show in Naples today? SOB

I was at a meeting from 10-2 in Port Charlotte today, now I am pissed I missed this!
Visual_Perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #11
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual_Perfection View Post
WHAT there was a car show in Naples today? SOB

I was at a meeting from 10-2 in Port Charlotte today, now I am pissed I missed this!
Yep, big show down at the Naples Union Center. Probably 50-100 cars there, all 1970 and older. You had to vote for your favorite etc...

This had my vote. Restored to perfection.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:50 PM   #12
tylermoore

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss/LS3 Victory Red
i would have done everything in my power to pass them with the bird in the air
Old 03-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #13
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
beautiful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylermoore View Post
i would have done everything in my power to pass them with the bird in the air
that wouldn't be too hard... considering they were in the hemi challenger & the camaro was the V6
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:31 PM   #14
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
Sorry to hear that, man Camaro peeps are supposed to friendly, arent they ?
fad1 is offline   Reply With Quote