Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-17-2023, 03:57 PM   #1
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
Helping the Competition. Un-trashing a 2013 Challenger w/ BAD PAINT

After 15+ years, I was able to hook back up with one of the best friends I've ever had. When he got to my house, I saw the condition of his car, and even though it's a Dodge, I couldn't let my friend (basically BROTHER), cruise around in a ride THAT TRASHED.

So we agreed that the next weekend, he would drop the car off Friday morning, and leave it until the next day. I WANTED two FULL days, but the best he could do was 24 hours. Of those 24, over it took over 19 hours to get it "OH SO CLOSE!" to being where it should be, but still - he had a cow when he saw how much I improved the appearance.

"We," also agreed that he would STOP doing whatever it was he called "Car Care," and let me take over from here.

What do you all think? I KNOW, it still has a way to go, but come Spring, I plan on doing a MINI-version of what I just did (light compounding/polishing to FINISH restoring the paint), and rewaxing/re-sealing the paint, then minimum, once a month washing & maintaining the car.

The WORST car I Have EVER Detailed