Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 01-14-2021, 12:00 PM   #1
Whackanole

Drives: 2020 Camaro LS
Active noise cancellation without amp

Hi, I have a 2020 1LS, base model of the base models and I installed subs in the trunk and an amp tapped to the back seat speakers. The issue is, when the engine is at 1100 or 2200 rpm, a loud base tone is produced. After lots of reading the forums, it seems to most likely be from the ANC. Most solutions were showing that you could unplug the ANC from the amp in the trunk, however, I do not have an amp in the trunk. Where would my ANC connect to and how would I go about disabling it? Also, do you all have ideas as to what else might be producing the sound if it isn't the ANC? Thanks
Whackanole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:36 PM   #2
PontiacBandit

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
I have no experience with this, but could it be your audio system amplifying the fake engine noise that plays through the speakers? I’m not sure which models have this (or if any Camaros have it quite frankly), but I thought ANC was only for cars with Bose.

If it IS ANC, S T sells a wiring harness that can disable the microphones.
PontiacBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:52 PM   #3
Whackanole

Drives: 2020 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacBandit View Post
I have no experience with this, but could it be your audio system amplifying the fake engine noise that plays through the speakers? I’m not sure which models have this (or if any Camaros have it quite frankly), but I thought ANC was only for cars with Bose.

If it IS ANC, S T sells a wiring harness that can disable the microphones.
Thanks. From what I have heard, all models have noise cancellation, only SS models have fake engine noise (why they have it and not the 4 cylinder I have no idea). That could be wrong but it's what I gathered from reading around.
Is the harness for the radio or something else?
Whackanole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:22 PM   #4
SWRocket

Drives: 2021 2SS
The SS has ANC but NOT "fake" engine noise
The 2021 doesn't even have that stupid sound tube from the intake anymore.
Double check, because I believe the LS has the engine noise through the sound system...
2021 2SS A10 - Summit White - NPP - MRC - Adrenaline Red Interior Pkg - Black Appearance Pkg - Ground Effect Pkg - Suede Steering Wheel and shifter - Red Calipers - Carbon Flash Wheels w black lug nuts - DD Tinted Side Markers - Hero Tinted Rear Reflectors - Redline Fender Badges - 20% Tint
Audio System Build Log
-----------------------------------------------------------
2014 Z/28 Summit White - sold 2020
2010 2SS/RS Summit White - sold 2014
SWRocket is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1ls, amp, subwoofers