Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-20-2021, 05:21 PM   #15
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
Good deal! I would probably try the swap for that price. You are certainly not underwater on the deal. If for some reason it does not work out you had fun trying. If it does you will have more fun & prove it can be done. Good luck & keep us updated!
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 01:12 AM   #16
Car Nation Videos
YouTube-Car Nation Videos

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
It’s definitely worth it since you scored the car for just $500. Make sure you can get it registered and tagged before you go elbows deep..
Car Nation Videos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 10:50 AM   #17
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
That is officially the best deal I've ever seen for a car in my life.

I can see the neighbor's point of view. He got, hopefully, insurance money from the theft. But now a giant, great looking "husk" is sitting in his driveway and he was thinking "man, am I stuck with this?? I need room for another car".

I assume the thieves sent it to a chop shop due to the unique color scheme.

How did the neighbor find the car?
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 02:58 PM   #18
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Sell it and buy an LS3 or L99 whatever is supposed to be in the car save yourself from a whole lotta hell.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:15 PM   #19
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
Sell it and buy an LS3 or L99 whatever is supposed to be in the car save yourself from a whole lotta hell.
Yeah, as much as I was for it in my earlier response, GreenHornet is right.

Unless you are looking forward to a major challenge and some very long nights, you may be better off either trading/selling the engine for a nice LS3 or equivalent.

This would be great for someone that had a ton of experience with jobs like this - their own shop, the ability to program modules, de-pin/re-pin harnesses, tuning, etc...You would become a legend on this forum and change the game for 5th gen owners. But this really will be a massive project. I just hope someone makes it work someday.

I would also love to see someone make the 8 or 10 speed auto trans work in our cars, but that's probably never going to happen either.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 08:27 PM   #20
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Yeah, as much as I was for it in my earlier response, GreenHornet is right.

Unless you are looking forward to a major challenge and some very long nights, you may be better off either trading/selling the engine for a nice LS3 or equivalent.

This would be great for someone that had a ton of experience with jobs like this - their own shop, the ability to program modules, de-pin/re-pin harnesses, tuning, etc...You would become a legend on this forum and change the game for 5th gen owners. But this really will be a massive project. I just hope someone makes it work someday.

I would also love to see someone make the 8 or 10 speed auto trans work in our cars, but that's probably never going to happen either.
Same here. I was on both sides of this fence & I appreciate your enthusiasm but realistically trying to marry these two systems might leave you discouraged & pushing it aside as opposed to finding what the car wants & get it back to where it was. This alone is a hell of a project even with the right motor & electronics.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote