Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 11-11-2010, 12:11 PM   #127
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Really? That always just annoyed me, especially knowing that there were better weapons available but I just hadn't played enough to use them.
It's mainly because I hate having to choose. "Should I buy a new sight, or a new handgun?" I want both! lol

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:12 PM   #128
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I just got reach so I'm getting to know this system of buying things. Personally I liked the achievement way of unlocking them because most people can beat the game in a couple days. So if you haven't played the campaign yet, you should do so. Some people buy these games for nothing more than multiplayer.

Personally, I think they should do it both ways.

pay 60 bucks for full game with campaign included. Unlock things via achievements for people like me who like the storyline and the campaign mode as well as multiplayer.

Pay 50 bucks for multiplayer only games and have things bought with online experience points (as REACH and Black Ops is now).

That way you can satisfy both parties and people can pick which way they'd like to have upgrades/cosmetic stuff unlocked.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #129
Rocks RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
See, i like the new system. i like being able to choose because there have been times in the past i did not like the next gun i wanted the other gun or something.

It does take a little getting used to, but I like it.

I do have one question, do you get COD$ for online when you play the campaign?

Sporting MRT V1, Hurst short throw, and Injen long tube and loving it!!!

Also, over 125,000 miles and going.
Rocks RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:25 PM   #130
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
I think the $$ system will grow on me a bit. I do like being able to choose what I want and what I dont want. Some perks I NEVER use, so whats the point in buying them? I like that.

But it is a little overwhelming at first. And if you arent on a winning team and keeping the K/D ratio up, it takes awhile to get enough $$.

I kept getting put in lobbies last night with level 15-30 people on the other team, and me and the other level 1-8 on the other team. We got destroyed! lol

Campaign is growing on me as well. But it is way overly complicated (like the last 3 cod) and jumps around alot. I like the stories, but dont dwell on them too much the first time through.

J
Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #131
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Jason, get reach. You get credits to buy upgrades from co-op campaign and there's actually a decent balance to matchmaking in REACH.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:13 AM   #132
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
Hmmm Thinking I'm gonna skip this one. I was reading about how things are bought and I'm not a fan of that crap (like REACH). I'd rather they just unlock things as you go. The killstreaks seem kinda boring too. What are your thoughts? Does anything annoy you (like the original double 1887's) or is it pretty balanced?
I will not retype it all here.. LOL I have a pretty in depth review and discussion on this for xbox 360 on my site.

http://www.gamergodz.com/forum/showt...Duty-Black-Ops

I have also made some comments in the other Black Ops thread here in the OT.
x626xBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:13 PM   #133
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
I just bought the AK47...disappointed...back to my AUG I go...
Old 11-18-2010, 12:16 PM   #134
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I just bought the AK47...disappointed...back to my AUG I go...
I like the AUG from MW2. I still have to level-up on BO though, lol. I've been playing more campaign so I can unlock the zombie modes and what-not. I like that I can spend the money where I want though - I just can't keep spending it, though, LOL!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #135
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I like the AUG from MW2. I still have to level-up on BO though, lol. I've been playing more campaign so I can unlock the zombie modes and what-not. I like that I can spend the money where I want though - I just can't keep spending it, though, LOL!!!
If you liked the AUG in MW2...you will also like it in BO...it's the only gun I use. I'm waiting to unlock the Commando...now THAT is a gun...my bro has it and I got to play with his account...I was unstoppable!

Last edited by The Dark Knight; 11-18-2010 at 01:54 PM.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:48 PM   #136
MAGfuz

Drives: VR 2SS Convertible
^

Yeah from when I was using it in the campaign, that will be my next AR after AUG!

TEAM LS3!
MAGfuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:20 PM   #137
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
If you liked the AUG in MW2...you will also like it in BO...it's the only gun I use. I'm waiting to unlock the Commando...not THAT is a gun...my bro has it and I got to play with his account...I was unstoppable!
Sweet! Do you run with extended mags' then? Yeah - I really liked it in MW2, so now I'm salavating. I'm liking the M60, but I'm running around with the subs' more. I need more play time!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 11-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #138
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
I just picked up the game last night for x360 and plan on playing tonight. Add me if you are going to be on: Irocnroll88.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:57 PM   #139
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Sweet! Do you run with extended mags' then? Yeah - I really liked it in MW2, so now I'm salavating. I'm liking the M60, but I'm running around with the subs' more. I need more play time!!!
No...I suck without a scope. So I got the Reflex attachment with a yellow smiley face sight . I use the crossbow as my secondary...if pointed right...that thing is awesome!
Old 11-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #140
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
No...I suck without a scope. So I got the Reflex attachment with a yellow smiley face sight . I use the crossbow as my secondary...if pointed right...that thing is awesome!
Sweet I wish I had more time and didn't need to sleep, lol.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"