Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-01-2015, 08:12 AM   #57
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Haha! That would be some monster sized shreds.
I like nachos.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:21 AM   #58
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
As an owner of a 5th gen, if you can honestly say that the 5th gen interior is better......you are a 5th gen fan boy that cannot be reasoned with. Sorry not sorry.
I haven't even seen the 6th Gen intererior, but there are those of us who don't much care about that sort of thing. If I wanted a pampered interior, I would get a BMW or something. Some old factory race muscle cars did not even have window cranks.

To each his own, just because someone disagrees with you does not make them unreasonable or even wrong.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:47 AM   #59
cal45

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
I haven't even seen the 6th Gen intererior, but there are those of us who don't much care about that sort of thing. If I wanted a pampered interior, I would get a BMW or something. Some old factory race muscle cars did not even have window cranks.

To each his own, just because someone disagrees with you does not make them unreasonable or even wrong.
Agree. I like my ZL1 interior and do not desire more lights/switches/or a larger display. Not that I think the new gen6 looks bad, it is just that I happen to like how my 2015 is laid out better.

cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:47 AM   #60
Warpaint69

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS
I grew up around my dad building fairly bare bone street rods with way too much power strapped to it and muscle cars with a whole lot of nothing plain interior and a bunch of power under the hood to move the lead sled.

To this day at age 34 I still prefer a simple interior with a big engine under the hood. I bought a 2013 because it gave me a new car with retro styling cues, a fairly simple interior, and a power plant that was calling for someone to start bolting parts onto. Wouldn't bother me if Chevy offered a Camaro with crank windows, mechanical seats, and no radio with a big ol rip snorting bowtie engine under the hood.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:50 AM   #61
BlkCamaroVert

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99 Vert IO Interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
As an owner of a 5th gen, if you can honestly say that the 5th gen interior is better......you are a 5th gen fan boy that cannot be reasoned with. Sorry not sorry.
The nav screen looks ridiculous.
BlkCamaroVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:05 AM   #62
L&M CAMARO 6

Drives: Just a fan for now
For me the interior is one of the improvements that sold me on the Camaro6.
Also the wider choice of powertrains and the A8 transmission.
L&M CAMARO 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:13 AM   #63
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:
What boggles my mind is that people think this car looks feminine. I dont get that at all. The front on this car is meaner looking
I agree. The front end of the 6th gen is mean looking. I really like it.
But a mean front end does not a good design make.

The front & rear are great. It's the rest of the car that's a let down.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:18 AM   #64
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikosV6 View Post
Finally, someone on this site that gets it. I agree, the rear quarter window kicks up too steeply and that combined with the lowered shoulder line on the rear quarter panel makes this area very awkward looking compared to the 5th gen.

Not only is the rear quarter panel awkward,
Thank you.
I've been saying this for months and no one pays attention.
Or else they don't understand good design.
I studied transportation design at CCS in Detroit.
That 1/4 window, shoulder line, and 1/4 window-shoulder line relationship is just plain wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikosV6 View Post
The front grill/bumper and rear bumper are more aggressive with the various angular lines cast into them.
I agree with this assessment.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:19 AM   #65
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
I'm the first to admit the interior of my 5th gen is strange. The my Link thing looks shoehorned in... The bulgy heat dials make it hard to see the gauges down below and if it weren't for my HUD I would never know how fast I was going as my gauges are nearly impossible to view with the steering wheel in its desired position lol. And don't get me started on the cheap plastic that the seatbelt leaves scratches on, on the drivers door!

But it also has a quirky charm to it somehow and I do like it despite these shortcomings. Everytime I drive this car I am aware that it would not suit most people out there especially the pillbox view from inside. But its my car, its paid off & I will be keeping it. My problem with the 6th is it just doesn't wow me. When I first saw the 5th my jaw slammed to the ground.

And as others have noted the rear quarter window looks odd somehow especially compared to the same area on the 5th. If I wanted a comparable 6th gen it would cost me a lot of money that I simply can't justify in terms of any upgrades I may receive.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:34 AM   #66
paul84043

Quote:
I wouldn't say ridiculous, but like most nav screens these days they always make them hard to reach. Why don't they turn them more toward the driver? I still find myself looking for buttons and knobs over touch screens. They are much easier to find and locate while driving without completely taking your eyes off the road. I still think that chrysler does a much better job with the steering wheel controls which allows you to avoid messing with the screen most of the time. GM's steering controls are a joke.
Legality. They are already walking a fine line between what customers want and what the powers that be will allow...
Making it more convenient for you to mess with it while driving is the exact opposite of what they want to do.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:02 AM   #67
paul84043

Quote:
It would be safer if it was more accessible. That is my whole point. People are going to mess with it regardless. Makes more sense to have it easier to use or lock it from use when moving. My GT500 was much easier to reach and use than my ZL1 is because it was closer to me.
You'd mess with it more if it were more accessible..

I hate touchscreen systems. No tactile feedback, you HAVE to look at them to operate them.
Had one on my last VW and despised it.
In my 2010 I could run the entire thing without ever looking at it.

Just my opinion. I also refuse to answer my phone while driving and won't pair it to the car.
Drives my wife crazy, but I'm in the drivers seat and I'm going to drive.
I'm not there to eat, practice juggling or tie flies.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:19 AM   #68
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawno72 View Post
Interesting, can't wait to see them in person
This I need to see one in person to make a final judgement
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:30 AM   #69
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
SORRY but the NEW VERT GEN6 is a 100 times BETTER then the GEN 5 . I owned a GEN5 2012 VERT and sold it first chance I had :( BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE TOP SUCKED. end of rant.
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:40 PM   #70
Desert Dweller

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #334
Quote:
We also agree that you have a very awesome looking cool car.

So, I guess it doesnt matter how many times I post the camo test car you're not biting? Lol
Thanks man.

It's so camo'd up I can't tell what is what.