Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-06-2007, 05:08 PM   #1
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Uncomfortable Superiority

I can understand how GM feels embarrassing the competition right in front of them with the best car of the three.
I thought You guys might like this: TAG especially, I think it was you who yondered if these three could ever be in the same room together...Well, see for yourself:

Industry Celebrates American Muscle at the 40th Annual SEMA Show
Ford, General Motors and DaimlerChrysler Share an Unprecedented Collaboration as
Vehicle Manufacturers of the 2006 Event

NEW YORK, N.Y., (April 12, 2006) -- Three of the American automotive industry’s giants will shine at the 2006 SEMA Show, simultaneously celebrating the continuation of their musclecar heritage and the SEMA Show’s 40th anniversary. Just as several automakers have chosen the world-famous Las Vegas event for the major introductions of new and specialty vehicles, the trio of Detroit icons is sure to produce automotive headlines with dazzling displays, educational programs and the unveiling of future vehicle and performance products as they share the title of Vehicle Manufacturers of the Show.
The three automakers represent not only a storied performance legacy but also the very roots of the specialty-equipment industry. “The Mustang, Camaro and Challenger helped bring many of our industry’s earliest businesses into being,” said SEMA President and CEO Christopher J. Kersting. “The current production and concept versions of those fabled cars are now kindling similar passion in a new generation of auto enthusiasts and are once again providing opportunities for our member companies.” Project vehicles celebrating these high-performance street machines are expected to be featured throughout the Show floor in November.
Over the course of the last four decades, SEMA has enjoyed an increasingly close association with the world’s automakers. The three Detroit companies have been especially dynamic in their alliance with the association’s member companies. Through programs such as the Roundtable Tech Talks, Measuring Sessions, Technology Transfer and Project Vehicles, the OEMs have strengthened their relationships with SEMA-member companies. “Mainstream consumers are increasingly adding to the functionality and styling of their brand-new cars and trucks with SEMA-member products,” said Carl Sheffer, SEMA vice president for OE Relations. “We work throughout the year to encourage the OEMs to share their plans and technology where they can so that accessories from our industry are already available when a new vehicle hits the showroom floor.
The 2006 Show will feature exhibits from the largest contingent of automakers in its history, with 14 OEMs now participating. The Show has also attracted more and more car dealers in the last five years, attesting to their recognition that specialty equipment means additional sales in the showroom. There has been a five-fold increase in dealer attendance since the 2001 Show.
“The idea of collaboration is particularly appropriate this year, the 40th anniversary of the SEMA Show,” noted Kersting. “Our roots and our heritage have evolved with the musclecars of today, so it is fitting that we’re celebrating our past while working with OEMS that are looking to the future. They share the passion that our member companies have built their businesses on, so it’s a very good fit.”
At the SEMA Show, 2,000 specialty-equipment and new-vehicle manufacturers gather to unveil trends and technology. It is one of the few places where the past and the future come to such a telling convergence, and it will be even further enhanced this year with the cooperative efforts of DaimlerChrysler, Ford and General Motors as Vehicle Manufacturers of the Show.
Attached Images

Old 05-07-2007, 03:09 AM   #2
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Damn it, with all this constant teasing, I constantly taking cold showers.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:31 AM   #3
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Wow....it is going to be awesome with the musclecar wars! I can't wait for all the pix of the three together. That's the first real pic I've seen. I have a feeling this years SEMA show is going to be THE ONE to attend.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:35 PM   #4
c00l usmc

Drives: 1999 Camaro, 1985 Z28 Camaro
I completely agree with you TAG
c00l usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:11 PM   #5
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Maybe GM will bring a different version of the Camaro to this year's SEMA, kind of like the Super Stock Challenger. Maybe a Super Stock Camaro with a 572 under the hood? That would be something.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:41 PM   #6
Hyperknight
Band.

Drives: 2016 2SS
I WISH I could win the lottery. I'd buy all three.
Hyperknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:06 PM   #7
BigRedCornhead

Drives: 94 Badass Z28
Can anyone get into SEMA or how would one go about getting ticket or passes what you will??
Old 05-07-2007, 10:29 PM   #8
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
No, SEMA is a show just for the industry insiders (tuners, aftermarket parts, performance parts, magazine writers/editors, etc). The average Joe can't get in there.

Personally, I think it's kind of dumb...the average Joe is the guy that's buying those products and yet the only people they show them to are the other people selling them....whatever...
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:05 AM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
No, SEMA is a show just for the industry insiders (tuners, aftermarket parts, performance parts, magazine writers/editors, etc). The average Joe can't get in there.

Personally, I think it's kind of dumb...the average Joe is the guy that's buying those products and yet the only people they show them to are the other people selling them....whatever...
Exactly... if you ask me.

$anani got in last year. If you can prove you are with a parts company by way of a check stub or something like that, you are in. My wife and I were going to fly out there last year to attend. When we were in LA, I found out it was a no go.....NOT COOL.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:43 AM   #10
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Exactly... if you ask me.

$anani got in last year. If you can prove you are with a parts company by way of a check stub or something like that, you are in. My wife and I were going to fly out there last year to attend. When we were in LA, I found out it was a no go.....NOT COOL.
you should have drove there...the idiots probably thought you flew a plane everywhere and didn't need you.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:34 AM   #11
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
Lets go camaro, all the way.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:17 PM   #12
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
It's good to see all three side by side to get a gauge on the actual size and dimentions of these vehicles. Being deployed so often, I have never been able to see the new concepts in person. I have seen the GT500 though, and can gauge the two concepts off of it.
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:17 PM   #13
Bait8
Balance

Drives: A torque-less wonder.
Look at those cars, waiting to be driven.....erg. I hope the Camaro comes out on top.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" - James Dean
Bait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:49 PM   #14
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait8 View Post
Look at those cars, waiting to be driven.....erg. I hope the Camaro comes out on top.
HOPE???

You bet your @&& it's going to come out on top!

No disrespect to Ford, but the Mustang out of the factory will NOT come standard w/ the same amount of HP as the Camaro. Now, an aftermarket Mustang from Saleen or Roush will compete extremely well w/ a top of the line Camaro FROM THE FACTORY. BUT...that would be the same as GMMG building an aftermarket Camaro for Berger, Dick Herrel, Tom Henry, etc. which would toast the Roush or Saleen...SO...at least that's my opinion.

The Challenger will have a similar HP rating but will also weigh in at what...4100lbs??? Good grief! That's a heck of a lot more than the guestimated weight of the Camaro. Let's see....on average, for every 100lbs taken off of a car, the car will go approximately 1/10th of a second quicker in the 1/4 mile. So, if the Camaro's guestimated weight is going to be 3,700lbs, and the Challenger at 4,100lbs, the Camaro will run approximately 4/10ths of a second faster than the Challenger. That is...if both cars came out w/ the same hp/torque ratings, of course.