Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-27-2009, 12:03 PM   #71
2010 SS
Elderly Man

Drives: Your Local Bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
1: dumb-down the LS/LT model...and screw over many potential buyers looking for an attractive car.
2: make the SS super flashy, and pop big wings, and GFX, and more spoilers, and obnoxious badges.
3: Make them both look great, but completely different. Now you confuse buyers...which is a Camaro?
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
No.
Intelligent and well said. Frequent essay writer are we?
2010 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:07 PM   #72
Tal

Drives: Old
They are all Camaro's, I never noticed much more difference between most V6 and V8 Camaro's in the past or any other similiar competition either. And an LT1/RS that actually gets closer to looking like an SS starts at over $26k compared to $31 for an SS1 (or $32 for an SS1/RS if you insist). And even then anyone who is at all a car person will instantly be able to tell the difference from the front at a good distance, and even non car people get the idea that scoops and slots in the front mean it's supposed to be fast.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:08 PM   #73
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
No.

The only options to remedy this would be:

1: dumb-down the LS/LT model...and screw over many potential buyers looking for an attractive car.
2: make the SS super flashy, and pop big wings, and GFX, and more spoilers, and obnoxious badges.
3: Make them both look great, but completely different. Now you confuse buyers...which is a Camaro?

None of these options are smart. I'm glad they kept them close. But if you have an SS, you shouldn't want to look "different". There's no reason to. YOU know what you bought, and what's in your car. And YOU can pick out the differences. Be proud of it.
I don't believe so. I think the V6 model is perfect. You can differentiate models by things as simple as a different color, wheel style, spoiler and stripe package. Chevrolet has plenty of examples of this in the past.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:17 PM   #74
bowtiedriver

Drives: 2009 WhiteHot G8 Gt
I kind of get what the Op is talking about.
I just bought a 78 Trans am. To me the thing just screams v8 trans am, from the badging on the shaker, to trans am decals plastered on the fenders and trunk, then to top it off the big phoenix decal on the hood. That car was made to stand out and scream I am a v8, hear me roar ( i know i know, no power that year but still, the styling screams it)

But the other day a guy was driving down the street and pulled up next to me as i was working on it, he said he liked my Firebird, he thought it was a formula. I was happy to correct him and let him know it was a trans am. Then we got to talking about it.
Same should go for the SS drivers. Kindly explain what you car is, and educate them as to why your car is the baddest on the planet. Enjoy schooling them and leave them impressed.
bowtiedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:20 PM   #75
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
What makes you think V6 owners deserve the same respect if we have to pay an extra $10,000?
Well excuse me. Of course V6 buyers are inferior to you almighty SS buyers.

If you want your SS to "look" like an SS, then slap on the ground effects package, stripes, spoiler, whatever. It'll look like an SS then.

And to make you happy, I'll slap the "LT V6" badge from the last-gen Malibus on my Camaro so people don't mistake it for an SS.

But seriously. I'm actually considering that last part about the LT V6 badge.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:26 PM   #76
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
What makes you think V6 owners deserve the same respect if we have to pay an extra $10,000?
And it is kinda sad that they look so similar, they should at least give the SS extra options.
LOL....wut?
Dakota Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:29 PM   #77
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
I'll be getting a 1SS and I have no problem with the cars looking similar.
I mean they're both Camaros...what exactly did you want for the SS?
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:41 PM   #78
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Kid View Post
LOL....wut?

"I spent more money, therefore, I deserve more respect!"

Strangest logic ever.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:44 PM   #79
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClassicCarKid View Post
I'll be getting a 1SS and I have no problem with the cars looking similar.
I mean they're both Camaros...what exactly did you want for the SS?
+1
i know i pretty much just want the drive train, brakes, & suspension; that's what's important about having the V8. the rest is pretty much cosmetics
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #80
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
"I spent more money, therefore, I deserve more respect!"

Strangest logic ever.
That's not what he meant. He wants more visual changes for 10,000 extra and I have to agree. If you paid 10,000+ more for your Camaro you would want it to visually look better than the V6...a lot of people prefer the V6 over the V8 as far as looks.

This topic is actually focused to V8 buyers though; if you're getting the V6 of course you're going to be happy they look the same.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:06 PM   #81
TorrentRS
No, Not the Pontiac.

Drives: Parent's 84 Chevy Fug-lebrity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
That's not what he meant. He wants more visual changes for 10,000 extra and I have to agree. If you paid 10,000+ more for your Camaro you would want it to visually look better than the V6...a lot of people prefer the V6 over the V8 as far as looks.

This topic is actually focused to V8 buyers though; if you're getting the V6 of course you're going to be happy they look the same.
Maybe I want people to know I'm riding in a V6. Maybe I want the image that I don't need a big-ass V8 to still have Performance and style.

Don't think that if someone has a V8, V6 drivers are going to look at them like they're such a higher power or something. It's a Camaro, and that's what matters. Anyone who has a problem with the V8 looking so close to the V6 (despite the whole new front clip) really only cares about personal image.
TorrentRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:09 PM   #82
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorrentRS View Post
Anyone who has a problem with the V8 looking so close to the V6 (despite the whole new front clip) really only cares about personal image.
100% not true.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:14 PM   #83
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
The C5 z06 has a back window rather than a hatch, it's alot more cut down looking.
And the C6 Z06 has different rims, brakes, etc. Besides, they are all V8s.
Sandman, you could get a standard Corvette C5 with the same fixed roof as the Z06 had. A friend of mine has one... basically the Z06 had the little brake scoop in front of the rear wheels and the mesh grill openings and brake cooling ducts in the front along witht he Z06 side badges.

Quote:
And it is kinda sad that they look so similar, they should at least give the SS extra options.
The SS has many options not availible on any of the V6 models, but they are almost all for go and not for show, THAT is what your extra 10K gets you...

Most performance versions of todays cars have just subtle differences in styling.. just go on any car lot and look over the performance versions to the lesser versions, unless you knew the exact differences you would be hard pressed to know which was which.. most of the time you would need to look at the badges to know just by looking at them...

Early muscle cars of the 60's WERE the lesser versions just with big engines... the SS option was just a dress up option for the lesser version... you could get the big engines in either one... point in kind the 62 Bel Air or Biscaynes and the regular Impala with the Big 409... but you could also buy a Impala SS with a Straight 6....So image means nothing...it's the substance that counts...
Old 01-27-2009, 01:47 PM   #84
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
Yeah, I know they are some differences here and there, mail slot being a big one. However, the V6 model to the untrained eye looks exactly the same as the V8...people will just say "Oh, there's another Camaro".

In a couple years the Camaro could be like the Mustang...so many of them with the V6 that anyone with a GT doesn't stand out, they just blend in. Does it annoy anyone else that people will confuse your V8 with the V6 and therefore your car will be deemed not as special down the line? That you could spend almost 40,000 for a fully loaded SS and people will confuse it for a LS?

We all want the Camaro brand to sell well, and we all want GM to prosper. However, I know that no one really wants Camaro's littered all around them so that your car is just one of the many.
I'm not worried about what others think of my Camaro. I'm buying it because it's what I want.