Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-07-2012, 04:05 AM   #15
kuzman89

Drives: Ly7
I'm currently starting a supercharger install on my VE commodore SV6.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/...zmans-sv6.html

Get a supercharger
kuzman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:33 AM   #16
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb74656 View Post
Adding two cylinders would be a good start.
If you are going to add cylinders why not go big. The gain of just adding two isn't enough to warrant the cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGame55 View Post
I had a SIM V6 once.....then i upgraded to the 2SS/RS. Best decision I made. Plus their is more in the V8 market than the V6.....just saying. But to each his own. So do what u want.
But that wasn't his question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
If you are going to FI your V6 then you are going to have to upgrade the engine internals anyways.
You don't know much about the LLT do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
Neither. Save your money for a SS in the future.
Obviously he's not afraid to mod, so how does you comment make sense? It would be more expensive to go your route and he would end up with less power than a FI V6.

OP, N2O will get you some extra power at the track for less than FI. You can spend the savings on cams and an E85 tune. That will get you decent power all the time. Now, if you want lots of power all the time then you will need to go FI, but then cams can still be added.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:58 AM   #17
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Ignore the v6 haters, I say go sc or turbo and enjoy YOUR car.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:19 AM   #18
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltrasonicKing View Post
Hey I'm wondering if I should spend my money on building the motor on my v6, or just save my money and get forced induction?
Trade it in for a V-8. More power, more potential power. Unless you are building a modified car for a particular racing class, hopping up a V-6 does not make sense. Sorry V-6 owners. You already know this but will flame me anyways.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:43 AM   #19
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
Trade it in for a V-8. More power, more potential power. Unless you are building a modified car for a particular racing class, hopping up a V-6 does not make sense. Sorry V-6 owners. You already know this but will flame me anyways.
Actually, your argument makes no sense at all. He's already go a Camaro. To trade in for a V8 he'll lose a lot more money than it would take to mod his V6 and get more power than the SS. Sorry dude, just got to accept facts. If it hurts, don't visit the V6 threads and you can live on in ignorant bliss.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:05 AM   #20
SinisterEcho

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6/LS3
Personnaly I would go with a Centri blower (Procharger, Vortec). Make sure you get a really good tune to go with it tho... And if that isnt enough there are shops out there that can custom grind some cams for you if you feel like upping the power more without upping the boost....
Old 02-07-2012, 07:12 AM   #21
mhog

Drives: 2010 V6 Camaro 2LT/RS
You are going to mod whatever you have. V8 or V6 you are going to want more power. Its in our nature to mod. Thats why we are on this forum.
mhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:20 AM   #22
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
If you are going to FI your V6 then you are going to have to upgrade the engine internals anyways.
Not true...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:24 AM   #23
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
If it were me, I would give it the works. I don't know what all is out there for the six, but I would have it all. Internal motor mods with FI sounds pretty awesome. I bet there aren't too many sixes running around like that.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:28 AM   #24
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhog View Post
You are going to mod whatever you have. V8 or V6 you are going to want more power. Its in our nature to mod. Thats why we are on this forum.
Well said and true,
Old 02-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #25
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
to the op, save your money and go the fi route thats what i planning to do. The llt is meant to take some boost. but like all boost applications once you start adding more boost you will have to upgrade corresponding parts. Just make sure you contact tracy when your ready to FI as he is the man when it comes to dropping turbos on the llt. Now for all the v8 owners we all know we will never be able to reach 1000hp but with tracy new method involving new injectors he guesses that we will be around the 550 range. And yes that would be the power to the wheels . Unless you are building the car for drag racing idk why you would need more than 500hp to the wheels. For me its not about who has the most hp in a vehicle but how satisfied i am with my car. I dont know about you guys but 450 to the wheels would sound good to me right about now..
puertoricanfont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #26
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Actually, your argument makes no sense at all. He's already go a Camaro. To trade in for a V8 he'll lose a lot more money than it would take to mod his V6 and get more power than the SS. Sorry dude, just got to accept facts. If it hurts, don't visit the V6 threads and you can live on in ignorant bliss.
I don't buy what you are saying. The trade up will add about 120 HP. Are you saying that he can get 120 HP cheaper in the V-6 than trading? What about after that? Isn't it easier and cheaper to bring an LS3 up to say 500 HP than to try to do it to the six banger? Your counter argument makes no sense. You must have a six. I did not look at your avatar. What about the Brembo Brakes and the high performance suspension? How much does that cost? Or would you just add power without the supporting features?
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #27
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Depends on his goals....if it is straightline acceleration, just watch Gretchens 1/ mile times or Rod1, etc. Both can be modded to give the power wanted....but the TT V6's we do still get 28-30 MPG at cruise and have the power you want when you need. Now we cant get 1000 rwhp out of the V6 like the v8, but anyone that has test driven one of our TT builds can attest to the results being well worth it.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #28
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
I don't buy what you are saying. The trade up will add about 120 HP. Are you saying that he can get 120 HP cheaper in the V-6 than trading? What about after that? Isn't it easier and cheaper to bring an LS3 up to say 500 HP than to try to do it to the six banger? Your counter argument makes no sense. You must have a six. I did not look at your avatar. What about the Brembo Brakes and the high performance suspension? How much does that cost? Or would you just add power without the supporting features?
Yes I have the V6 and yes you didn't look. That's the problem with folks like you. You can't be bothered to look and find out what we are doing with the V6. For example, my best is almost a full second faster than your best 13.4, AND I AM NOT THE FASTEST V6 BY A LONG SHOT. Heck we have V6 with just bolt ons that run about as fast as you do. We have stock V6s that ran as fast as your 14.1s pass.
You don't need Brembo brakes to run at the strip or on the road. In fact, many of the SSs have put our brakes on their rears so they can run slicks. When I do upgrade my brakes it won't be to what the SS has; it will be better. I chose to get a better suspension than the SS and would have done the same if I had a V8.
The point is he already has a modded car. He would lose alot trading it in. Given that the price difference between comparably equipped V6 and V8 is already $8K, when you factor in the lost from the trade in and need to upgrade the brakes and suspension of the SS, yes it is cheaper for him to keep what he has. If he was shooting for 1000 RWHP then he would have to upgrade the entire drive train regardless of what trim he got. I think we can assume he's not shooting for that much.

Last edited by GretchenGotGrowl; 02-07-2012 at 02:58 PM.
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote