Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-02-2007, 01:52 AM   #71
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^Welcome to the site, 6Gearss.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:59 AM   #72
Gunner KS1

Drives: All GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I don't think it's toast...but has a Corvette ever been an SS?

I think the Z's are just a chevy thing...some strange coincidence that they ran with. what was it, the SS's real code - 'Z27'?

And either way, depending on cost, I hope I can get the top-dog, be it Z28, or SS.
saw this today on car and driver (http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/...ray.html?al=99)

"Initially called the Blue Devil, there has been much speculation in the past several months about the name for this super Z06. Recently we hear that GM has scrapped the Blue Devil name in favor of Corvette SS (we hope not), Z07, or even reviving the Stingray nameplate."

Back ot I want a V8 with SS badging regardless if it is the top dog or not.
Gunner KS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:03 PM   #73
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner KS1 View Post
saw this today on car and driver (http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/...ray.html?al=99)

"Initially called the Blue Devil, there has been much speculation in the past several months about the name for this super Z06. Recently we hear that GM has scrapped the Blue Devil name in favor of Corvette SS (we hope not), Z07, or even reviving the Stingray nameplate."

Back ot I want a V8 with SS badging regardless if it is the top dog or not.
It won't be called "SS." In fact, it will be called the ZR1. No SS nameplate.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:22 AM   #74
Elkyboy64
AKA Bishop73

Drives: '70 Chevelle 454SS
Send a message via AIM to Elkyboy64
I would love for the top dog Camaro to be an SS, I know the name has been somewhat cheapened in the last few years but what better car to bring back to prominence. That said I will wait for the top dog regardless of what they call it, Z/28 or SS is okay by me. Unfortunately I've gotten the muscle car bug bad lately and I'm very, very tempted to just go buy an '06 GTO........patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue....
Elkyboy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:14 AM   #75
Italianwhiplash

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger r/t
I believe the top of the line Camaro will come out at lunch. It would be foolish of Chevy not to do so. Dodge is releasing the Srt-8 right out the door. Even if they released the car 6 months later and supercharge it. If your like me, by the time they release a supped up Camaro (if they do, which I doubt). My Camaro will beat the crud out this supped up Camaro. It's like Someone buying a c6. With 4 upgrades that costs all about 5 grand. You got a c6 that can beat a z06 by 28 horse power to the rear wheel.
Italianwhiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:40 AM   #76
NOODLESgoneWILD
IS IT 2009 YET???

Drives: '05 Z51 Black Vette & '06 H2
Send a message via MSN to NOODLESgoneWILD
I'll wait for the Top Dog also...I wouldn't be happy without the SS or Z28, if i knew it was out there for the taking!

And I'll order the specs I want...Im thinking performance, performance, performance, only luxury I want is leather seats and power windows. Im hoping to order it that way without having to order "some lumped together luxury package" with sH%T I dont want or need.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #77
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I'll wait for the top dog also. I hope I can still afford it, but I can wait. Although I am a Z28 fan, I can live with an SS if it's the top.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:37 AM   #78
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
With recent developments suggesting that current V8s won't be around in the same way that they have been, we need to all consider that the top Camaro will be significantly less powerful than we've previously imagined. There has been a lot of talk on this forum about an extra V8 even though no one from GM has even hinted that a second V8 will exist. While this may be the tradition, this may not be possible from a cost-benefit standpoint for Chevrolet. If the top trim and motor are not 500 or more horsepower, will you be okay with that?

I'll be fine. I plan on buying my first V8 or significantly modifying the powerful 300-hp V6. 400 is a big number. Even though weight might be an issue, consider that the competition is ridiculously heavy, not nearly as attractive, and from less reliable stock. We're already going to be monsters on the road, so why does there have to be an even more preposterously powerful stock V8? If I were responsible for the Camaro's development, I would suggest leaving 1 V8 and telling people who want more power to do their own performance work.

I know that's easy for me to say since I'm not going to spend on every option or get the most expensive Camaro I can find, but I really believe we should focus on what we know about this car. They told us about the 2 V6s and 1 V8 at start. We generally know that the Zeta is going to be gorgeous inside and outside. We also know that the Camaro will be affordable. Let's for a moment just appreciate that there is such a wonderful car that will enter production later this year. Forget about a top V8 because, as things are, there will be only one. Forget about labels like Z28 or SS because they don't make the car faster; the engine makes the car faster. I'm just grateful to have such a great car in production. Will I wait for some sort of top dog? Of course I won't. I've been holding my breath forever for this beauty. Why would I wait for something better to come around?
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:39 AM   #79
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Gearss View Post
Waiting on the SS. It'd better have the bad ass hood scoop as well!
Another Rotor Head????

I can't tell from the pic but, a 46 crewman I suspect.

Former Navy H-60 C-SAR crewman. Welcome to the site!

Oh yeah,

+1 Waiting for 500+
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:23 PM   #80
Shadow-phoenix
Terrorizing the streets

Drives: 06 GTO, 92 Camaro RS, 84 Trans Am
Send a message via AIM to Shadow-phoenix Send a message via MSN to Shadow-phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow-phoenix
I'm gonna have to wait until like 2011 or 2012 anyway, so I'ts gonna be the top of the Line for me. I can't wait... need power, NOW!!! lol anyway, I don't care if it's a Z/28 or an SS. you can always buy the emblems and attach them later...

Rust is the vehicular form of cancer.

A stupid owner is a Camaro's worst fear, second only to the though of going to the crusher.

Camaro: a vicious animal that eats rice for breakfast, and mustangs for dinner.
Shadow-phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #81
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
I will only wait until June 1 of 2009, if there is no 500+ killer in the line up or soon to be in the line up then i might have to get a vett or a cobra.
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:30 AM   #82
theonlyoneleft

Drives: 1995 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to theonlyoneleft
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 View Post
I will only wait until June 1 of 2009, if there is no 500+ killer in the line up or soon to be in the line up then i might have to get a vett or a cobra.
Well if we end up with an LS3 as the top dog and it doesn't have enough horses for you..... Supercharge it!
theonlyoneleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #83
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
True enough.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:22 PM   #84
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlyoneleft View Post
Well if we end up with an LS3 as the top dog and it doesn't have enough horses for you..... Supercharge it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
True enough.
AAAAAAAMEN
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote