Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-23-2014, 02:52 PM   #1
SNV

Drives: 2014 RRM 2ls
2014 Fogs Question (Another)

I understand there is a difference between the 2014 LT and the ZL1 fog light housings. What I was wondering is what the differences are? I was offered a set of new ZL1 fog light housings for free. I don't know if there is a way to use them in a 2014 ls. I haven't picked them up yet so I haven't even looked on how the fogs would mount. Right now I don't have any fogs installed. I already started buying all the other parts to add fogs. The price of free makes me wonder if they can be used. Thanks for any help that can be offered. Steve
Old 10-23-2014, 03:01 PM   #2
MrUnsubtleNinja

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNV View Post
I understand there is a difference between the 2014 LT and the ZL1 fog light housings. What I was wondering is what the differences are? I was offered a set of new ZL1 fog light housings for free. I don't know if there is a way to use them in a 2014 ls. I haven't picked them up yet so I haven't even looked on how the fogs would mount. Right now I don't have any fogs installed. I already started buying all the other parts to add fogs. The price of free makes me wonder if they can be used. Thanks for any help that can be offered. Steve
The ZL1 has Daytime Running Lights (the big round ones) and Fog Lights (the small projector lenses).

The 2014 Camaro LS, LT and SS all use projector housings. I know the the SS and the ZL1 both use H11's for the Foglights so I can only assume as long as you bought the lower ZL1 bulbs, they would also work the the SS and your LS. If they are free and don't fit you can always sell them online and recoup some money towards the ones that will fit.
MrUnsubtleNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:20 PM   #3
SNV

Thanks for the reply. They are the small projector ones. Looking at pictures online of the parts, they do look a little different then the non ZL1 projectors. I'm hoping that somebody might have tried to use them.
Yeah I was also thinking that I could sell them if I can't use them. My buddy ended up with an extra set so told me they are mine if I want them .
Old 10-24-2014, 03:47 PM   #4
SNV

Anybody else??
Old 10-24-2014, 04:03 PM   #5
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNV View Post
SNV,

The fog light housings on the 2014 and the ZL1 are the same. They are both an H11 bulb housing, they mount the same way to the bumper. If you are offered a set for free, I would get them since they will mount up.

Hope this information helps you.

Thank you,
Ricardo
Old 10-24-2014, 05:25 PM   #6
SNV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Phastek View Post
SNV,

The fog light housings on the 2014 and the ZL1 are the same. They are both an H11 bulb housing, they mount the same way to the bumper. If you are offered a set for free, I would get them since they will mount up.

Hope this information helps you.

Thank you,
Ricardo
Thank You!!
I will grab them and see if I can do the install weekend. I already have bulbs, bezels, and H11 pigtails (to use for now). A few more questions if you don't mind. Do you know what is different between the two? I noticed that they are different part numbers and different prices. Does one fit snugger than the other?
Thanks again for the help...