Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #2283
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Hey all.

So I went to the dealer to get an oil change (free, can't beat free) and my inspection said I need to change out my tires soon. I have between 1/8 and a 1/4 of tread left. So Christmas came early! I thought my tires would be up by December. Seeing as how my tires are like 800-900 dollars I'm going to trade my current wheels in for some extra cash and just swap back to 18" wheels.

Here's where I need help. My guy has a set of the 1 LT wheels with new tires for $600 (another customer is selling them through him). So that's a quick saving plus extra money from my trade in. Or...I'm looking at a few wheels mainly these:

Drag Dr-37

Elbrus I08 (in black or silver)

Axis sport XMX

Or ANDROS Spec D

They are all within in a pound or two of the 1 LT wheels. The ANDROS wheels are actually 2.5 lbs lighter.

Given my budget of $900 plus trade in plus $100 for my birthday I estimate a total budget of around $1400 so I can afford all of these plus tires. What do you guys think?
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:12 PM   #2284
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixCyl View Post
Hey all.

So I went to the dealer to get an oil change (free, can't beat free) and my inspection said I need to change out my tires soon. I have between 1/8 and a 1/4 of tread left. So Christmas came early! I thought my tires would be up by December. Seeing as how my tires are like 800-900 dollars I'm going to trade my current wheels in for some extra cash and just swap back to 18" wheels.

Here's where I need help. My guy has a set of the 1 LT wheels with new tires for $600 (another customer is selling them through him). So that's a quick saving plus extra money from my trade in. Or...I'm looking at a few wheels mainly these:

Drag Dr-37

Axis sport XMX

Or ANDROS Spec D

They are all within in a pound or two of the 1 LT wheels. The ANDROS wheels are actually 2.5 lbs lighter.

Given my budget of $900 plus trade in plus $100 for my birthday I estimate a total budget of around $1400 so I can afford all of these plus tires. What do you guys think?
Given the wheels you have there I like the first and the third option. I'm not a big fan of the other two personally. I would go with either of those two any day over the 1LT wheels. You will be amazed at how much a differently pair of wheels will change the way the whol car looks.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:37 PM   #2285
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Hey all.

Drag Dr-37

Axis sport XMX

Or ANDROS Spec D

I really like the third and fourth wheel options. So are you going to be going with 18" wheels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Given the wheels you have there I like the first and the third option. I'm not a big fan of the other two personally. I would go with either of those two any day over the 1LT wheels. You will be amazed at how much a differently pair of wheels will change the way the whol car looks.
Really? I personally really like how the 1LT wheels look. With a drop, they look pretty good to me

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:52 PM   #2286
J_Vibe92

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
personally i wouldnt go for those "JDM" rims like most of them. personal perference
Visual mods: Eagle Eyes w/5k hids, Custom Hood Spears, Heritage Grille, Stage 2 LED Dome lights,Transformer Emblems, PD Bezels, 19in Chevy rims with pirellis, Blue painted calipers, GM GFX Front Splitter, 35/20 % Tint, TailLight Tint(charcoal)
1/4 Mile: 13.65 sec @ 102.53 mph R.I.P.
J_Vibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #2287
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Really? I personally really like how the 1LT wheels look. With a drop, they look pretty good to me
I personally am not a fan of the styling of either the LS, 1LT, or 2LT wheels. To me they all don't seem to fit the Camaro quite right but on the other hand I love how the original 20s look. I just wish they weren't so damn heavy
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #2288
SixCyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Vibe92 View Post
personally i wouldnt go for those "JDM" rims like most of them. personal perference
I don't know which are the JDM rims??? The Axis ones?

I have no problem with the 1 LT wheels, I think they look fine and with some artistic influence can be made to stand out like some others have done on this website. I really just want a few things: cheaper tires (18" wheels will help), the ability to rotate my tires again, less weight (any of these wheels give me around a 50 lbs weight reduction), and painted/clear coated/ powder coated wheels to not deal with corrosion again. I guess i live too close to the beach

Overall I'm leaning to either stock or the last two I think. Thanks for the input guys.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:35 AM   #2289
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I like the Drag DR-37 or the Axis.

thinking about getting the Andros sped d for our sonic. lol
Old 05-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #2290
SixCyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I like the Drag DR-37 or the Axis.

thinking about getting the Andros sped d for our sonic. lol
I know!! I tried finding pictures of it and only saw it on dodge darts, a cobalt ss, and a minivan! lol.

But I think it wouldn't look too bad on a camaro. The Axis wheels remind of the nurburgring or F-14's.

How do you like your sonic btw? I've said that in the face of something horrible where I had to say bye to my baby I'd get a sonic RS and trifecta tune asap.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #2291
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
I know!! I tried finding pictures of it and only saw it on dodge darts, a cobalt ss, and a minivan! lol.

But I think it wouldn't look too bad on a camaro. The Axis wheels remind of the nurburgring or F-14's.

How do you like your sonic btw? I've said that in the face of something horrible where I had to say bye to my baby I'd get a sonic RS and trifecta tune asap.
I like the sonic pretty good! I want to mod it a little myself. want to get an intake and tune. just sucks that the turbo is integrated into the exhaust manifold. makes it much harder to upgrade the turbo. lol
Old 05-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #2292
SixCyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I like the sonic pretty good! I want to mod it a little myself. want to get an intake and tune. just sucks that the turbo is integrated into the exhaust manifold. makes it much harder to upgrade the turbo. lol
I wonder if that saves on production costs or something. I feel like as an automaker you have to realize a segment of the consumer population is going to tinker with their cars, especially certain cars such as our own camaros and the the sonic. Why make it more difficult for them (read: us)? Question, is the sonic FWD or RWD?

Old 05-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #2293
PoorMansCamaro

fwd :(
Old 05-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #2294
PoorMansCamaro

if a back seat didn't matter, I would have gotten the Subaru BRZ...
Old 05-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #2295
SixCyl

Yeah that's a pretty sweet car too. And I'm glad someone else prefers the Subaru to the Toyota.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #2296
SixCyl

Alright the Axis it is! Now I just need to talk to my guy and see what I can work out. My trade in is probably going to be a little less now, it was raining really hard and I... I kinda hit a curb