Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-15-2009, 03:16 PM   #85
Lydon

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
would you mind . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
I do but I can't get the thing to upload to this thread. Fails as a pdf and as a zip file. Let me know if you want it emailed to you.
Could you email it to me, too? If you can, PM me and I'll provide my email address. thank you.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:32 PM   #86
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dots 1 View Post
Wow. Didn't think about it. I went in on the 13th and the order was placed on the 14th. SIM 2LT RS. My car came in May 5, a month earlier than expected. I was very excited to go to the dealer and see it.
When I got there, I was confused because there was no RS badge, or Halo lights, and there were silver 21" GMPP wheels and tires on it. I said, "this is beautiful, but are you sure it is my car?" Somehow, instead of the RS option, the 21" wheel option was ordered. I was told if I did a re-order it wouldn't be delivered until Sept or Oct. So, I said, "okay, it is not what I wanted, but I will take it without the $4000 wheels, just put the 19" factory wheels back on." The answer was, "we can't do that, it would be like removing an option like air conditioning." It sat in the showroom for a month while I talked with the dealer and tried to make up my mind what to do. The dealer said since a mistake was made, they would give me the 19" factory wheels for free instead of charging me the $1100 they usually get on top of the cost of the optional $4000 wheels. (insult or joke, you be the judge) At this point, I understood it was take it or leave it, the dealer is doing nothing to help.
I love the car so much, I actually took this sour deal in hopes of selling the 21" GMPPs which were never used, I run the 19"s. I listed them on here and people were making offers of $1500 for the complete set with lugs, TPMs, mounted and balanced ready to go. (that is a joke) Stuck with an extra set and out the money at this point.
I still love the car and have been happy to have it all summer long. It is my daily driver. 50 years from now I can say I didn't give up the car. (will probably have an extra set of wheels to prove it)
Ouch, you should have shown some patcience. I bought exactly what you wanted off a dealer lot - 800 miles away, but still got what I really wanted.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #87
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
I remember the day well - my sales man and I had waited patiently months leading up to the first order date....I was actually # 3 put in the sytem but took delivery first.....It so pissed of #1...but he wanted that hurst shifter.

It was a great year and I just rolled 4600 miles this morning on one of the last drives to work this fall before she goes in storage.

Atleast this winter I can go see her in the garage....only wait for the weather to break in the spring to drive her again and not have to wait for a ship date
Old 10-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #88
3CamarosOnHand

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
Worth the Wait

Wanted to say that this Camaro was well worth the wait....ordered June 12th and picked up September 7th. After owning several Camaros I have to say that this is the best by far. I LOVE THIS CAR!! I want to get in my car and never stop driving it!! It breaks my heart putting it in storage in a few weeks

Anyone debating- BUY IT!! You won't regret it- get in one and drive it.
Attached Images

3CamarosOnHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #89
jnewberr2ssrs

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS
Let's see...A year ago my best friend (who is a huge Camaro fanatic) informed me that orders could finally be placed for the new Camaro and I thought it was pretty cool and exciting - I had no idea that within a year one of those cool new Camaros would be mine

(It was a good year...My friend converted me to being a Camaro guy and in May I found out I was financially able to buy one so I went ahead with it)

So in summation, a year ago I probably wouldn't have believed you if you told me that in the next year one of these awesome beasts would be mine