Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-13-2018, 05:27 PM   #1
Oshawan

Drives: Camaro
Power Reduced, Power Reduced,URRRG!

Hi, so almost every spring of almost every year my 2010 v6 - almost always reports a "stabilatrack service" warning - but what it is really trying to say is
"your throttle body is bad" - Usually after a rainy period. Swap out the throttle body and everythings good for about a year. Put her away for winter. Bring her out, rain - same old problem, This year I replaced it and have the same problem again 3 months later. Am I missing something here? Once I replace i don't get the limp mode anymore. Are all the oem throttle bodies crap? = wait, I know the answer!

Any suggestions appreciated

Mark
Oshawa
Oshawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 01:54 AM   #2
Mattchew

Drives: Camaro 2011 RS
Vitesse controller is the same way kind a major bummer tbh
Old 07-16-2018, 08:26 PM   #3
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshawan View Post
Hi, so almost every spring of almost every year my 2010 v6 - almost always reports a "stabilatrack service" warning - but what it is really trying to say is
"your throttle body is bad" - Usually after a rainy period. Swap out the throttle body and everythings good for about a year. Put her away for winter. Bring her out, rain - same old problem, This year I replaced it and have the same problem again 3 months later. Am I missing something here? Once I replace i don't get the limp mode anymore. Are all the oem throttle bodies crap? = wait, I know the answer!

Any suggestions appreciated

Mark
Oshawa
Do you have a CAI mounted near the wheel well that's possibly catching some water when driving in heavy rain? If so I would put a water repellent "sock" over it. If you're sure the issue is related to the throttle body, I would start by cleaning the throttle body harness and MAF sensor (I assume you're already making sure the throttle body itself is clean). Honestly one of my all time favorite mods (and I literally have almost all of them) is the VMAX throttle body, maybe this is your excuse to get one if the stock one still gives you trouble. I know its technically just a modified OEM one so not sure if that's what you already have.
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote