Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-30-2010, 09:15 AM   #15
2SSmeCamaro
Delete this account

Drives: Delete this account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerta View Post
Maybe your just to anal about your car. Its meant to be driven not looked under a microscope.
+1 , no offense intended
2SSmeCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:43 AM   #16
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
after doing this for a living i will tell you this,if the problem doesnt fully present itself when looking for it it can sometimes be impossible to locate the fault,this doesnt mean there idiots just simply a very intermitent issue,as techs we really dont have any magic wands that can see everything wrong on the car sometime you truly do have to wait till the issue gets worse but along the way you have documented the issues so the dealer knows its ongoing,lastly i dont know what kind of person you are or about but i have seen people that do at times,feel and hear things on their cars that are totally normal but feel they are problems in these instances i recomend a second opinion to ease the mind,i think your car will be fine just be patient sometimes are cars dont like to cooperate with us lol
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:53 AM   #17
thecamaroguy

Drives: 2020 ZLE 67 SS350
What are you hoping to get about the so called "Missing Options" The personal climate controls, lighting, etc?

Did you not see the "Some options not available on all models"

2010 Camaro 2SS - CGM
1967 Camaro SS350 - Baldwin Motion Tribute
2020 Camaro ZL1 1LE - White

Proud to say I have always owned a Camaro! A Camaro has been my Daily driver since I started driving!
thecamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:57 AM   #18
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Yes, I'm anal about my car. So no worries not offended. I do drive her, but she has these problems. Eleanor was/is my entire life savings, which wasn't much as I am 20. I work part time at school and 60 some hours a week during the summer just so I can pay for her and for the insurance. Which I have to piggy back off of my dad's because I can't afford insurance on my own. Now I understand that this metaphor probably won't get across to you guys as it does to me, but that's OK. Imagine your kid has a bad cough, but he only coughs 2 or 3 times every other day. He's been coughing like that for 3 months, so he might have something right? The pediatrician says that she can't do anything until he gets worse, understandable no one has a magic wand to make life better. But wouldn't you go out and buy some cough drops/medicine/children's Nyquil for the kid? Eleanor's my baby, I just want her to be healthy. I may be anal about my car, but their is nothing healthy about brakes squealing and lurching forward.

I'm just an overprotective parent, and I doubt that is going to change any time soon.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:46 AM   #19
Deerta

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Yes, I'm anal about my car. So no worries not offended. I do drive her, but she has these problems. Eleanor was/is my entire life savings, which wasn't much as I am 20. I work part time at school and 60 some hours a week during the summer just so I can pay for her and for the insurance. Which I have to piggy back off of my dad's because I can't afford insurance on my own. Now I understand that this metaphor probably won't get across to you guys as it does to me, but that's OK. Imagine your kid has a bad cough, but he only coughs 2 or 3 times every other day. He's been coughing like that for 3 months, so he might have something right? The pediatrician says that she can't do anything until he gets worse, understandable no one has a magic wand to make life better. But wouldn't you go out and buy some cough drops/medicine/children's Nyquil for the kid? Eleanor's my baby, I just want her to be healthy. I may be anal about my car, but their is nothing healthy about brakes squealing and lurching forward.

I'm just an overprotective parent, and I doubt that is going to change any time soon.

If you do a search you will see the brakes do squeek and brakes with metallic shoes will do that some. You keep saying lurching forward define "lurching".

In regards to your kid being sick metaphor, if the doc cant fix him/her in a few tries do you trade him/her in for a new kid since they cant find whats wrong with it? No you dont you enjoy the time you have with him/her and make the best of it.

The reason why I'm even posting in this thread and I work for a rather large company and I'm in the customer service line of work. I have dealt with people like you and no matter what is done its not good enough. So if they decide to replace your car how long will it take for you to find something wrong with that one?
Deerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #20
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
I don't know about the OP, but I am sure that most people who buy a brand new car are anal about it and if the performance, characteristics or whatever change after a few months of driving, I am sure the ALL on this forum would take it back to the dealer, especially if you have not done major mods.

If it were me I would keep track of when it happens, time of day, driving conditions etc... so as to try and duplicate it for the dealer. It may be a pain right now, but if it is something major at least you have it documented now.

As far as the Customer Service comment, it is way off base. If you buy something and it does not work as advertised it should be fixed, that is what customer service is all about, if you want customer service go to Adam's polishes, Now that is customer service at it's best.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:55 PM   #21
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
I think most of us understand being overprotective and anal about your car; most of us are too! But...I think what some of us are trying to say in as helpful way as possible, is that these issues may not really be issues...they may actually be perfectly normal. It is normal for a car with an automatic transmission to lurch forward a little when you put it in gear. Every one I've ever driven does that. Maybe yours is doing it MORE than normal, I wouldn't know since I'm not there, but maybe your expectation isn't quite lined up with reality. A certain amount of squeaking from the brakes is also normal due to the metallic pads being used. If your expectation is that the brakes are 100% silent at all times, then your expectation may be the issue. If on the other hand you understand some noise but they are constantly making noises or the noises are very loud, maybe there is an issue. But for both of these things, try to understand the dealer's point of view...you're complaining of two things which are fully expected to them. If you can't demonstrate how it's worse than "normal" then I think it's to be expected that they don't take any further action.

Again not trying to tick you off, just trying to help you enjoy your car!
Old 05-01-2010, 01:07 PM   #22
The Stig

Thanks for the responses guys, don't worry you aren't ticking me off at all. Just to run through some questions that I've been asked. The lurching forward is almost/exactly the same as if I had stalled out on a manual transmission. When it acts up it is worse than the normal feeling from a auto transmission. It is not that I am looking for a new car, I just want a working one. I mean she's brand new, I just figure that certain things shouldn't be acting up after 6 months. The squeaking brakes is beyond what normal bresbos do. When I first brought up the issue I was directed towards a tech and he showed me the TSB. Which called for replacement of the brake pads with ones that had a lower metal concentration. Fixing the squeaking, and when I say squeaking I mean I can hear it over my music when I have the volume at 20.

I get that you guys are trying to help, and I do appreciate it. I can tell you that I'm not being overly paranoid. Something is legitemitly wrong with her. I just need the dealer to see the problems once and they'll understand what I mean.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:24 PM   #23
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
All autos "lurch" a little when you go from N to D... esp ones with 400 ft-lb of torque.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:59 PM   #24
camaros and vettes
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2008 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post

hey man i am right there with you!!! its my car i do my part by paying for it, so they should do there part by making it what you are paying for. i have been to two dealers for a problem with mine and they both tell me not to worry about, i beg your pardon this is my car it should be to my liking. they get paid to fix them, so they need to do there part as well. we all stuck it out with gm and bought there products, they need to stick with us and make sure we stay happy!! these are just my thoughts that i am sure will get flammed pretty hard but oh well. i just want you to know i am WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!
camaros and vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #25
camaros and vettes
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2008 Corvette
i have had my car a year, the brakes have yet to make any noise.
camaros and vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #26
Enforcer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Update:

Yes, I know that this thread is dead but a couple people asked for updates so here it goes.

My regional service rep (elizabeth, very nice girl first off) got me an appointment at my dealers for when the GM regional executive engineer (pretty sure that's not his real title) would be there. He and I are going for a test drive on Thursday, at which point IF I can get the problems to occur while he is in the car then Eleanor is in the shop and hopefully gets fixed. If nothing happens then I will most likely be handing her over to them anyways with full permission to drive her around (reasonably of course) to get the problems to show up.

If/when they find the problems they will attempt to fix/determine what the next course of action is. One of which I've been told is a total inspection/take apart the whole car, double check every part, put back together/or I have to go through a whole bunch of their lemon law legal channels and find some sort of agreement with them.
You should contact BBB auto line and file a report with them if you havnt done so...it is a requirement if you end up filing a lemon law complaint and they act as a middle man for you with GM and know the proper steps...good luck.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #27
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
You should contact BBB auto line and file a report with them if you havnt done so...it is a requirement if you end up filing a lemon law complaint and they act as a middle man for you with GM and know the proper steps...good luck.
Chevrolet and I went to an arbitration and they bought my Camaro back. Signed all the paperwork in October of 2010