Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 10-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
PDIM / USB port firmware update done in Houston?

Has anyone in the Houston area had the software updated that runs the PDIM / USB port? Most of us are running version CC from the factory but the latest is CE.

I'm trying to find a dealership in Houston that has successfully done this already so I don't have to hand-hold them through the process.

If you have no idea what I am referring to then you are probably still running the factory version with all of problems/defects it comes with.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31235
Old 11-04-2009, 04:04 PM   #2
dwebster
DW's 2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS LS3-CAI/LG-Corsa
My USB port hasn't worked since the day after I picked up my car on October 17th. I have a local dealer here in Lufkin I was going to wait until 1st oil change to get looked at. It is as if the car doesn't even recognize it has a USB port - BROKEN!
dwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:47 PM   #3
broncosman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via Skype™ to broncosman
I'm still looking as well. just don't go to Champion, or you'll get it back not updated & On* not working on top of that. It's been a month and they haven't even fixed my On* problem.

2SS/RS with painted Rally Stripes
http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/index.php
broncosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:45 PM   #4
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Ok, I'll skip Champion then. Thanks for the advice.

Hmm, guess I'll find out if Classic can do it without messing things up. I called and they didn't seem to know if they could do it or not.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:18 PM   #5
kga10734
Don't Feed the Troll

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS & 1999 Corvette
I'll ask my salesman tomorrow if they know how to do it if I can remember to call him. I have version CC as well. I really haven't had any issues other then one time I plugged my flash drive in after I started the car and it didn't recognize it. So what all updates are included in the latest version?
Old 11-05-2009, 08:44 AM   #6
rolnslo
Rolling along...

There are fixes for many different things in the latest version.

Quote:
Part Number CVN Description
Latest---> 20893390 000059A7 New software for improved robustness; also fixes "Done" button when user device contains no audio files.
20861681 0000A80A New software for improved operation including proper handling of WMA DRM music, addition of the play/pause button and RSA support, and improved Zune/PFD connection robustness.
20840959 0000A24C New software to address: USB sorting/indexing issues; Bluetooth interface/implementation improvement; Apple iTouch implementation/interface issues
20824078 0000EB10 Operating system
For most of us, we are still on the original Operating system release or maybe the first update version. For me, I want fixes for the Zune support (mine randomly disconnects) and for the USB indexing issues (song info incorrect or not updating or always starting on the same song, even when it wasn't the one playing when the car was shut off). Occasionally, the USB device is not found but I'm not sure if that is in this latest release yet or not.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #7
broncosman

Under the main PDIM Software update thread, codeman (on page 13) responded to one of my posts with:
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
I'm really sorry that you're still having problems with your Camaro after so long. If the dealer is waiting for GM to 'send' them an update, it's not going to happen, as far as I know. We post our updates to a website and the dealer has to go there to download the update to their tool to then update the vehicle. So, it sounds like your dealer may not be aware of how to update your car in the first place.

And, if you're having this problem, they should have no problem charging the time back on warranty and giving you the update. If you have any problems with the dealer, please give this number a call - 1-800-508-3060. If you still don't have any resolution after contacting this number, please let me know.
maybe this can help you when you're talking to the dealerships. If you find one, let me know. I'm thinking about going to Westside Chevy today (since I bought my car there) and see if they can fix my On* issue and get the update put on. Damn Champion service tech won't respond to my e-mails or messages. The On* communication module has been ordered over a month ago and hasn't arrived yet. It was directly ordered from On*.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #8
billw501

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
I currently have a case open with GM because the service dept. I went to guaranteed me they had done all the updates they could (after two days) and did not update the PDIM from CC to CE. They didn't even know how to check. This seems to be a problem affecting most dealers and hopefully GM will take steps to fix this. I know Codeman71 on a similar thread is doing all he can do to keep us informed. IMHO we need to keep nudging GM customer service.
billw501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #9
broncosman

Well, I just talked to the Service Director at Champion and he told me that they had updated one Camaro. He said that the guy who was working on mine thought I had brought mine in to get it updated already and I told him nope, haven't even received a phone call about it. He's also looking into my On* communications module order and finding out what the hold up is on that. So maybe that's good new for all of us on the PDIM update at Champion. I'll keep you posted.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:23 PM   #10
kga10734
Don't Feed the Troll

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS & 1999 Corvette
I went by Buckalew Chevrolet in Conroe this evening. I talked to the service manager and he told me they have done some of the updates to the Camaro's PDIM. He said they can do it, but they would want to make sure the right tech guys are there when it's done so it's done right. I'll be setting up a appointment to have it done in a few weeks and he will have the right guys there to update the car. Give them a call if you can't find another dealer that can do it.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:59 PM   #11
k0jdd

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro / Colorado
My PDIM tale of woe

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...63#post1142563
Traded- 2014 2LT V6 Automatic / Red Hot w/Black Leather / 19" Polished Wheels / Sunroof
VIN 2G1FC1E31E9202653
Traded - 2010 2LT V6 Manual / Victory Red/Black Leather / 19" Polished Wheels / R6P
VIN 2G1FG1EV3A9112601
Sold - 1999 2LT V6 Automatic / Victory Red/Black Leather / 19" Polished Wheels / T-Tops
VIN {Still Searching for it...}
k0jdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:06 PM   #12
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Jeez, I hope my update process goes smoother that yours k0jdd.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #13
scnhra

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS White
Send a message via ICQ to scnhra
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosman View Post
Well, I just talked to the Service Director at Champion and he told me that they had updated one Camaro. He said that the guy who was working on mine thought I had brought mine in to get it updated already and I told him nope, haven't even received a phone call about it. He's also looking into my On* communications module order and finding out what the hold up is on that. So maybe that's good new for all of us on the PDIM update at Champion. I'll keep you posted.
Which Champion? I had mine done at Gulf Freeway. Now mind you I had to walk them trough the update numbers on the site but aftyer they found what to do the update was done and no issues. I usually go through Jay Dockery but I was going through another guy on this and I can not remember his name. I will try to look it up. This was done back in September and have had no issues and my ipod does not come on everytime I start the car.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:30 AM   #14
broncosman

Quote:
Originally Posted by scnhra View Post
Which Champion? I had mine done at Gulf Freeway. Now mind you I had to walk them trough the update numbers on the site but aftyer they found what to do the update was done and no issues. I usually go through Jay Dockery but I was going through another guy on this and I can not remember his name. I will try to look it up. This was done back in September and have had no issues and my ipod does not come on everytime I start the car.
Champion Chevy off of HWY 6 (South of I-10). I talked to their service director and he told me they have the update figured out and already did one Camaro. They're just waiting on my On* communications module to come in so they can do it all at once.