Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 11-09-2009, 06:16 PM   #15
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Looks like I need to pay a visit to one of the Champion dealerships then. I dropped my Camaro off at Classic this morning to have them do the PDIM update plus the HVAC/Spoiler TSB and check out a clunk noise I heard when I hit a speed bump at the wrong angle. They called me around lunchtime and said that they don't have the right equipment/software to be able to do the PDIM updates yet....so I guess I'll bring it into Champion.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:27 AM   #16
broncosman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via Skype™ to broncosman
Champion updated my PDIM and also did an HVAC update that was necessary. So you're good to go, to go there.

2SS/RS with painted Rally Stripes
http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/index.php
broncosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:51 PM   #17
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosman View Post
Champion updated my PDIM and also did an HVAC update that was necessary. So you're good to go, to go there.
Good to know. Thanks.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:27 PM   #18
LS 1st gen
Kept the Faith.

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS
Send a message via AIM to LS 1st gen
Did Champion take care of any other issues for you?

My dealership service dept seems pretty Camaro clueless, which is unfortunate, since I had such a good experience buying the car from them.

I need to find someone who can adjust the ABL on the driver's side (not as bright as the passenger) and who can adjust the parking brake without making it too tight or too loose. If they can do the PDIM update at Champion I hope they can handle this stuff as well.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:25 AM   #19
broncosman

I'm sure they can. My On* module went out and I spoke with the service director directly and he got in touch with On* asking them why it hasn't been shipped yet since it was ordered a month ago. They are back ordered. All their parts go directly to GM for the production line. So, the service director contacted GM and had them send me a module directly off of the line they'll figure your stuff out and fix it.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #20
rjrizzuto

Drives: 2010 Equinox
how to tell what the current version is

Hi!

I have a 2010 Equinox, and am unable to play DRM WMA files via USB with any of the players my family has. Is there some way to know what version of firmware the radio has, and verify that the version mentioned on this site is a later version?
rjrizzuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:42 PM   #21
broncosman

in the camaro, when you have your usb stick in and playing songs from it, hold down the menu button until the version pops up. you have to hold it continuously to read it.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:31 AM   #22
rjrizzuto

Drives: 2010 Equinox
which version do I have

I followed the procedure, and this is what it said:

Version

HW ID: CC
SW ID: CE

The question I wanted to ask is whether this is the latest or not. I.e. does the update change one or the other or both of the values above. I am especially interested to know if there is a later version that will fix the issue I have playing WMA DRM audio via the USB interface from our various Sansa MP3 players. Non-DRM WMA and MP3 files play fine. WMA DRM music will display the song title, but won't start playing it.

For the record, I've tried a Sansa E260, Sansa Fuze and Sansa Clip. All were in MTP mode.

I am really hoping that I just need this update:

20861681 0000A80A New software for improved operation including proper handling of WMA DRM music, addition of the play/pause button and RSA support, and improved Zune/PFD connection robustness.

Last edited by rjrizzuto; 11-26-2009 at 11:12 AM.
rjrizzuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:40 AM   #23
broncosman

couldn't tell ya.... see your dealer tell them you're having problems and they can run the diagnostic and see if an update is needed

Old 12-22-2009, 09:15 AM   #24
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Scratch Davis Chevrolet (610 South Loop @ Kirby) off the list of dealerships to go to for this. I just spent an hour there after I was assured they knew how and could do the PDIM update. In reality, the tech and Service Manager didn't have a clue how to do it. All they kept telling me was that they updated all the software for my car and there was no PDIM update available. Ugh...I give up. I'll take my warranty work to Champion on Hwy 6 from now on. It's out of my way but if they can do the work, I don't mind.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #25
kga10734
Don't Feed the Troll

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS & 1999 Corvette
I had mine in the shop last week to fix the rattle in my window and told them to do the PDIM update on mine. The guy had it written down when I took it in and when I picked it up, the PDIM update wasn't on the work order. I have to take it back in now anyway after I saw this thread" GM bulletin: HVAC system reprogram / rear spoiler repair / engine harness inspection"
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44289

Mine VIN is just 34 cars from not needing this done. I already took care of the spoiler bolts the first weekend I had it. I'm letting the dealership take care of the other 2 items.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:20 PM   #26
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Finally! If anyone else needs to have the PDIM software update done, Champion Chevrolet on Hwy 6 can do it. I just had them do the update on my car and they had no problems getting the job done, unlike Classic and Davis Chevy.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #27
T_MECO

Drives: 2013 SS/RS 1LE
had mine done over christmas - Norman Frede Chevrolet in Clearlake area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Finally! If anyone else needs to have the PDIM software update done, Champion Chevrolet on Hwy 6 can do it. I just had them do the update on my car and they had no problems getting the job done, unlike Classic and Davis Chevy.
T_MECO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:38 PM   #28
steveintulsa

Drives: 2010 rs/ss
My dealer in Tulsa (Jim Glover) is also clueless on this PDIM update. Can you supply more info where THEY can find this update. I checked my version and it's NOT the most current, but I don't want them to screw something else up in the process.
steveintulsa is offline   Reply With Quote