Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2016, 09:03 AM   #1
jbotta

 
jbotta's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dyer, IN
Posts: 1,131
Helmet cam vid on track with another ZL1 Click full screen for best look


It was so awesome seeing another zl1 in action in front of me !!! Everyone should try track days,, you get a great feel for what the car can do. Its the best way to try all the PTM modes and how good paddle shifting works. It really goes a long way on how the zl1 handles on the street !!
jbotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:56 AM   #2
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701
 
KaBoom1701's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: I.E. SoCal (Yucaipa)
Posts: 8,460
Cool video.

I agree about what you said regarding track days. It really does help you understand how awesome the ZL1 is.

Song choice was a little questionable in the video but it's your deal so meh.
__________________
Mods:
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 01:46 PM   #3
teddywetts
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 Camaro, 2015 Silverado 6.2
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 105
Cool video, but wish there was no music so I could hear the car(s). Song was pretty good, though. Thanks.
teddywetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 02:02 PM   #4
xrivera91

 
xrivera91's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: 07002
Posts: 1,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddywetts View Post
Cool video, but wish there was no music so I could hear the car(s). Song was pretty good, though. Thanks.
was thinking the same. Opened the video and cranked up the volume thinking I was going to hear some zl1 badassness lmao. However, glad you enjoyed yourself!!
xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:14 PM   #5
ss/rs/378
 
ss/rs/378's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 Camaro Victory Red
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Fort Wayne Indiana
Posts: 366
What track was you at?
__________________
2.55 UPPER PULLEY,100MM IDLER PULLEY,160 STAT,PORTED TB,PORTED SNOUT,MSD PLUG WIRES,NKG PLUGS,KENNE BELL EXTERNAL FUEL PUMP,2"KOOKS HEADERS,HIGH FLOW CATS,3"CORSA 60LB DEKA INJECTORS TUNED BY FROST 580RWHP,571RWTQ.
ss/rs/378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 01:34 PM   #6
GotTRQ
 
GotTRQ's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Boston
Posts: 14
1:56 ... Nice looking Viper. Extremely difficult to handle (as shown)

How fast did you get it going on the longest straight?

Thanks for the vid.
GotTRQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:32 PM   #7
jbotta

 
jbotta's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dyer, IN
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss/rs/378 View Post
What track was you at?
Joliet Autobahn In Joliet Il , Real close to Chicagoland motor Speedway
jbotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:33 PM   #8
jbotta

 
jbotta's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dyer, IN
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotTRQ View Post
1:56 ... Nice looking Viper. Extremely difficult to handle (as shown)

How fast did you get it going on the longest straight?

Thanks for the vid.
When its clear 125 mph
jbotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 05:47 PM   #9
jbotta

 
jbotta's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dyer, IN
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbotta View Post

It was so awesome seeing another zl1 in action in front of me !!! Everyone should try track days,, you get a great feel for what the car can do. Its the best way to try all the PTM modes and how good paddle shifting works. It really goes a long way on how the zl1 handles on the street !!


Here is the full vid, Temp was 49 and the track was cold, Cars where spinning out all day but both our ZL1's where awesome. First few laps the tires where cold and felt the car moving around a bit but once pressure comes up is was great. The motor loved the cool air felt like i had more power. Sorry about the traffic in vid people where affraid of the track on how cold it was, Was alot of fun being dehind another zl1 seeing it perform in front of me. I think we passed every car on the track, Kick back grab a beer and watch vid, Nothing else to do here in the cold states but wait for spring time, This really sucks !!!
jbotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:41 PM   #10
Todd in Vancouver

 
Todd in Vancouver's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,542
Great vid, thanks for sharing
__________________
Todd in Vancouver
'14 ZL1 Camaro
'67 Camaro SS Pro-tour in process

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession


Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:07 AM   #11
clarkkent
 
Drives: 2013 2SS (sold)
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbotta View Post


Here is the full vid, Temp was 49 and the track was cold, Cars where spinning out all day but both our ZL1's where awesome. First few laps the tires where cold and felt the car moving around a bit but once pressure comes up is was great. The motor loved the cool air felt like i had more power. Sorry about the traffic in vid people where affraid of the track on how cold it was, Was alot of fun being dehind another zl1 seeing it perform in front of me. I think we passed every car on the track, Kick back grab a beer and watch vid, Nothing else to do here in the cold states but wait for spring time, This really sucks !!!
Cool video, enjoyed it!
__________________
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:15 AM   #12
jbotta

 
jbotta's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dyer, IN
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkkent View Post
Cool video, enjoyed it!
Thankyou
jbotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:16 AM   #13
jbotta

 
jbotta's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dyer, IN
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
Great vid, thanks for sharing
Thanks its alot of fun
jbotta is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.