Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 05:13 AM   #85
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
The biggest problem was you got the car thinking we were just fixing the engine and going back to the status quo. Oops. My bad. Things went silly after Matt got involved. No one had a clue where it was going or going to end.

Love the 6am posting. Am I to assume you're off to an early start on my car?!
Old 01-20-2014, 08:52 AM   #86
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
With you throwing the hammer down on him, he's probably just getting home from the shop at 6am.

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
Old 01-20-2014, 09:00 AM   #87
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Quote:
The biggest problem was you got the car thinking we were just fixing the engine and going back to the status quo. Oops. My bad. Things went silly after Matt got involved. No one had a clue where it was going or going to end.

Been here with a sawzall. Already got about 400lbs out of it.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:03 AM   #88
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Turbine View Post
With you throwing the hammer down on him, he's probably just getting home from the shop at 6am.
We really never set and don't have a deadline or a date to finish. If rather have it done once, and done right. Kinda thinking I'll have it back in early to mid feb bc it needs to see the chassis shop before the track. It's just fun to poke sticks in Don.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:53 AM   #89
nyny69

Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Quote:
We really never set and don't have a deadline or a date to finish. If rather have it done once, and done right. Kinda thinking I'll have it back in early to mid feb bc it needs to see the chassis shop before the track. It's just fun to poke sticks in Don.
Listen. Leave Don alone. He has more important things to worry about. Your car will be done when it's done. You know he does have other work to do. Its not all about you.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:57 AM   #90
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny69 View Post
Listen. Leave Don alone. He has more important things to worry about. Your car will be done when it's done. You know he does have other work to do. Its not all about you.

No no. It IS all about me. You should know that by now!!

He told me to F off this am. Lol maybe that's a hint.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:12 AM   #91
nyny69

Quote:
No no. It IS all about me. You should know that by now!!

He told me to F off this am. Lol maybe that's a hint.
Wow. That relationship didn't last too long. I guess your puss n boots eyes only work for a short time.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:38 AM   #92
MANNYS2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS,LS3
LMAO......Glad your back Jamie.

LS-3, ProCharger D1SC
665. rwhp /562. rwtq @ 9.3 psi
Old 01-20-2014, 10:41 AM   #93
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster

Old 01-20-2014, 04:23 PM   #94
JimsGN

Drives: 1986 Buick Grand National
Quote:
I could just ship the other block to erl and have it sleeved which I will prob do down the road. If something catastrophic happens to this motor in a relatively short amount of time the car will not need a motor bc I will park it.

The old shop told me they were sending that block to erl. They never did. Or I'd have an erl block now. I don't think the ls3 block is a problem at this stage.

Erl takes time. Selling other blocks takes time. It's easier to just send my other block. It's junk with one bad cylinder as it sits.

I did call erl after i dropped the car at dons and at that moment they had no ls3 cores and would need mine. I didn't get my old block back until over a month later. So that didn't work out.
If we blow another motor ,I will tie the block ,old one ,new one,sleeved ,bored ,stroked or ill buy a block and tie it to Jamie's ankle and start a new artificial reef in Long Island Sound ! Then if you guys take up Scuba Diving ( which is a lot cheaper than racing) you can visit his skinny ass!
Just sayin
Old 01-20-2014, 05:59 PM   #95
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsGN View Post
If we blow another motor ,I will tie the block ,old one ,new one,sleeved ,bored ,stroked or ill buy a block and tie it to Jamie's ankle and start a new artificial reef in Long Island Sound ! Then if you guys take up Scuba Diving ( which is a lot cheaper than racing) you can visit his skinny ass!
Just sayin
:confuse d0068:

Sad part is, this build is a short motor time build. You guy's seen my motor after 1 year at 1000rwhp.They need yearly rebuilds.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:12 PM   #96
nyny69

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsGN View Post
Just sayin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhawk View Post
:confuse d0068:

Sad part is, this build is a short motor time build. You guy's seen my motor after 1 year at 1000rwhp.They need yearly rebuilds.
Bye Bye Jamie....
Old 01-20-2014, 06:35 PM   #97
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny69 View Post
Bye Bye Jamie....
Do we get to throw a party when he's gone? What do we do about the car?
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Old 01-20-2014, 06:38 PM   #98
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhawk View Post
The block is not the problem. The use of the old head was.

The direction this car has taken it would be a good idea to send in the old block and have it upgraded to a 6 bolt/ sleeved setup for a spare in the future. That can wait though.
Wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy a 6 bolt block then to have the tabs welded on? That's one of the reasons I went with the LSX block, because it was more cost effective.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!

Closed Thread