Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 09-23-2011, 12:56 AM   #1485
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Well....I'll be ready to meet tomorrow night. ...after work, of course. But, my AND THE CAR will be there.

And as far as the problem?

All I can say is....sometimes, the littlest things can seem so damn big. And, quite frankly, I'm embarrassed as all hell. Why? Because when I put it up on the jack stands, I saw the problem right off the bat. I mean, I went right to it...almost like I KNEW what it was. But, for some reason, I refused to believe that something SO damn small could have caused THAT much vibration and shuddering. Good freaking Lord...

I just bought myself one of the biggest :facepalms: ever.

but on the other hand, I will say that I had approx 5 min to put it up on stands, look at it, try to fix it, and then make a decision on whether to tow it or not.

I did what I thought was right...but had I held out one day (until after I got home from work), I would have fixed it on my own. Oh well, live and learn.

One GOOD thing that came out of this.... I had a vibration at 80mph to 90mph possibly due to the front end radius bushes. GONE. i don't know what they did. But, they did something. No more vibrations....which means I might not have tightened down the bolts enough. I don't know. but, it's PERFECT now.

So, there's the update.

Still looking into the Focals, JL, and other goodies. Might not be for a month or two, but I DO think it's going to happen.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:42 PM   #1486
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Well...speaker stuff is on hold. The washer finally took a dive the other day. So, I had to think...repair?...spend money on that still not be exactly sure if that was the problem or something else? Figured the pair is 10 years old. Might be time to upgrade...get some better, energy efficient, larger machines that will actually save us some money in the long run and save us time from having to do 4 loads of wash a day. $1,800 later...this is what we got...

Oh well, at least it was on something needed...and will get used every single day...

Samsung - 4.7 Cu. Ft. 11-Cycle High-Efficiency Washer - White
Samsung - 7.4 Cu. Ft. 11-Cycle Steam Electric Dryer - White
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2011, 11:49 PM   #1487
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Well...speaker stuff is on hold. The washer finally took a dive the other day. So, I had to think...repair?...spend money on that still not be exactly sure if that was the problem or something else? Figured the pair is 10 years old. Might be time to upgrade...get some better, energy efficient, larger machines that will actually save us some money in the long run and save us time from having to do 4 loads of wash a day. $1,800 later...this is what we got...

Oh well, at least it was on something needed...and will get used every single day...

Yup, it's rough to mod when household stuff takes priority... Your a good man for doing the right thing, yet again... but, I bet we can hook an amplifier up to that dryer and shorten the cycles...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:59 PM   #1488
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:

Yeh I feel for you Buddy got a few things that need attention around the house as well.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:38 AM   #1489
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Well...some good news. Dryer will be here tomorrow.

And even better news. The wife mentioned my desire to upgrade my blown speakers to something that will last for a while...and could be changed out to a new vehicle if necessary.

Here's what I got picked out.

LC7 - Audiocontrol Six Channel Line Output Converter With Auxiliary Input

ECX690.3 - Hertz 6x9" 3-Way Coaxial Speakers

165 V30 - Focal 6.5" Polyglass Component Speaker System

XD600/6 - JL Audio 600W Full Range Class D 6-Channel Amplifier

And I need to find a good set of tweeters that can handle a bit more power than 50watts.

We'll see. Looking around. But, this looks like it's going to become a reality in Dec.
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2011, 12:45 AM   #1490
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Focals are great speakers, but I went with Alphine processor so I could keep all my OEM stuff together, not sure about the one you are planning, and also went with Digital amps no heat issues..
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #1491
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
I don't know how many watts the Diamond tweets handle, but they can make cymbals sound true at ear bleed volume.
Also used to hear a lot about CDT audio for true sound but never used any of it.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:06 AM   #1492
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Well...some good news. Dryer will be here tomorrow.

And even better news. The wife mentioned my desire to upgrade my blown speakers to something that will last for a while...and could be changed out to a new vehicle if necessary.

Here's what I got picked out.

LC7 - Audiocontrol Six Channel Line Output Converter With Auxiliary Input

ECX690.3 - Hertz 6x9" 3-Way Coaxial Speakers

165 V30 - Focal 6.5" Polyglass Component Speaker System

XD600/6 - JL Audio 600W Full Range Class D 6-Channel Amplifier

And I need to find a good set of tweeters that can handle a bit more power than 50watts.

We'll see. Looking around. But, this looks like it's going to become a reality in Dec.
Nice. If I go the aftermarket system route it will have to crank. My car is soooo loud.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:33 AM   #1493
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
Focals are great speakers, but I went with Alphine processor so I could keep all my OEM stuff together, not sure about the one you are planning, and also went with Digital amps no heat issues..
The LC7 processor will line right in with all the other OEM stuff too. So, no worries for me there. The JL amp is also a digital amp. 600 watts ...100 watts per channel. So, the highs will work rather well. However, I wonder if there's another amp just like it with a 7th channel for a sub...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
I don't know how many watts the Diamond tweets handle, but they can make cymbals sound true at ear bleed volume.
Also used to hear a lot about CDT audio for true sound but never used any of it.
I'll have to look those up. Never heard of CDT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Nice. If I go the aftermarket system route it will have to crank. My car is soooo loud.
Yep. Mine's freaking loud when I get on it too...heck, all the time. I have quieter mufflers, but why? Just make the stereo louder!
Old 10-25-2011, 12:08 PM   #1494
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Tag, do you have a good pic of the THR logo on your cowl?

Thanks!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:22 PM   #1495
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Tag, do you have a good pic of the THR logo on your cowl?

Thanks!
But of course!
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2011, 12:43 PM   #1496
GTAHVIT
Blessed

I should have had Tom do that while building my car.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRR...

The only thing I regret.... dammit...
Old 10-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #1497
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I should have had Tom do that while building my car.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRR...

The only thing I regret.... dammit...
I hear there are these places called "paint shops" that might be able to help you out on that.

(just bein' my usual helpful self.)
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #1498
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I hear there are these places called "paint shops" that might be able to help you out on that.

(just bein' my usual helpful self.)
yakthnxsomuch....

little miss helper....

Tags
adjustable camber plates, camarocross, cgm, cyber gray metallic, factory reproductions, hertz, jl audio, litho, pedders, rick-rolled, rodgers chevrolet, stainless works, supercars, tom henry, zl1 bumper