Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-12-2013, 01:30 AM   #43
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Thank god for CRT ^^^^
Old 11-12-2013, 01:36 AM   #44
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Yep. But I want dark metallic gray...or that hunter green feom 2012. Shoot. Maybe well have to wrap it...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:40 AM   #45
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
How about IOM, the best color ever
Old 11-12-2013, 06:14 AM   #46
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
THAT is the color I want. Unfortunately, GM is offering IN MY OPINION a very poor offering of colors for this new Tahoe. They are basically tying our hands behind our backs making us get red.

I'll explain.

Silver ice metallic. Safe. Sure, it's ok.
Black. Ugh...obviously.
Summit White. Yep. Can't have a car line w/out it.
Champagne silver metallic? Um no. Car rental color, if you ask me.
Tungsten metallic? Is it just me or does it have brown in it?? Looks like brown fleck...no thanks.
White diamond tricoat ...sure, it's nice. but three shades of white???
Crystal Red Tintcoat. Looks damn good.
Sable metallic. BROWN??? REALLY?

Where's a DEEP RICH gray like in the Tahoe above???

Where's a BEAUTIFUL green like in the 2012???

Where's a BLUE?!?!

Instead, it's three whites, black, bad gray, and one color that pops....red.

I want to have to rack my brain in thinking about what color to order....not have it laid out for me.

This is my only pissy point. GM should have offered a different color. get rid of the brown. get rid of the tungsten. get rid of the champagne. Put in place green, a metallic blue, and a metallic gray (like above).

PLEASE. Would have been BAD ASS.
I had a discussion with a couple folks from GM at SEMA about a similar topic. The 5th Gen Camaro wears bold colors extremely well and despite the success of Synergy Green and Kinetic Blue they seem scared to step outside the safe colors.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #47
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
I had a discussion with a couple folks from GM at SEMA about a similar topic. The 5th Gen Camaro wears bold colors extremely well and despite the success of Synergy Green and Kinetic Blue they seem scared to step outside the safe colors.
The only bold color they picked was CRT. That's it. I'm truly floored at their offerings.

If we can get 15 orders all done in one color, GM will change the paint, line them up, and paint them all. I'm one in the 15. Just need another 14 and we'd be good to go.

I swear....they could easily find 15 people to sell that dark metallic gray color to.

YES. PEOPLE LIKED IT. PEOPLE WANT IT. PAINT IT AND BUILD IT. PLEASE!
Old 11-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #48
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Thanks! Remind me to go into your build thread and call your vehicle (or next vehicle)

UGLY

Now... Let's get back to the happy and polite question, anyone out there at SEMA that can grab some pix for the wife and I? Thanks ahead of time!
Is that not a sema GM vehicle ? I think he is entitled to his opinion is he not...BUT,I don't think we need to start calling each others build thread ugly now do we. I don't really like the head lights,but a true blacked out truck would be cool ...lets play nice people do put a lot of work into this vehicles,but they also do it to get feed back good and bad..If you don't like something I think your right about saying why they don't like,I like the grill on the blk truck,but the cop grill I don't like how huge it was made,(example)I am guessing it might of been done for a purpose and not for looks...why cant we all just get along !! On the other side we should be able to voice our opinion openly with out using bad language ,but also without worrying about being hammered on....JIMOP

Last edited by gen=5; 11-12-2013 at 11:26 AM.
gen=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #49
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
I think GM should have a vote on the paint colors every yr,pick 10 crazy bright colors and let the customer pick one of those colors to be added every yr..That would add some fun to the GM line up.....
Old 11-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #50
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
Is that not a sema GM vehicle ?
Sure is.
I think he is entitled to his opinion is he not...
Of course. We all are. It's how the message is conveyed (read my other posts, please). I don't think you'd take it to well if I went over to something you bought or were planning on buying and began tearing it up...
BUT,I don't think we need to start calling each others build thread ugly now do we.
Again, please read my other posts (and feel free to check his build thread to see if I ever called it ugly. I wouldn't do that). But please read the rest of my posts.
I don't really like the head lights,but a true blacked out truck would be cool
Nicely put! (see the difference?)
...lets play nice people do put a lot of work into this vehicles,but they also do it to get feed back good and bad..If you don't like something I think your right about saying why they don't like,I like the grill on the blk truck,but the cop grill I don't like how huge it was made,(example)I am guessing it might of been done for a purpose and not for looks
Agreed and I believe I said something very similar about how GM needs to see the good AND BAD opinions. Again, it's how we communicate that is key.
...why cant we all just get along !! On the other side we should be able to voice our opinion openly with out using bad language ,but also without worrying about being hammered on....JIMOP
Don't think I hammered on anyone. If I really wanted to be rude (which is not my job), I'd undelete the RUDE posts you can't see and let them have it. I'm trying (and will be forever trying) to get people to have a bit more class. Some people think because they are on the internet, they can suddenly become a totally different person. Anyway...thanks!
Old 11-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #51
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
i love it!
Old 11-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #52
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Got to see this bad boy in person today. They wouldn't let folks get in it since it's a pre-production and should something have broken by me (or any one of the umpteen million kids that were trashing these cars pressing every button...pulling every lever...), then they wouldn't have been able to quickly fix it for the show.

The LTZ Tahoe wasn't a big as I thought it was going to be. I mean, it LOOKS big in pix. But in person, it's good sized. I just hope the price is right.
Attached Images

Old 11-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #53
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
i think thats an awesome looking truck. looks bulky, and i like that in a truck. i dont want a truch built on a car frame and sold as a truck.

and that silver looks great on it.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #54
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
I like it, the grill is sweet and the blacked out look is great. They made some upgrades, middle row foot room, fold flat 3d row off the top of my head. They are both wins, BUT the price of these beasts..
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #55
STL20102SS

Drives: SW 2010 2SS/RS
I've had both a 2001 and currently have a 2007 Tahoe and and would definitely get one of these if I was in the market to do so. But, I'll be keeping my 2007 for quite a bit longer and am considering the new Colorado when it becomes available. I really like the idea of it being built so close to me in Wentzville, MO and in it supporting the local economy.
2010 Summit White 2SS/RS M6: Injen longtube cold air intake, Borla S-Type cat-back exhaust, Tint, White painted rear diffuser, Red powder-coated Brembo calipers, New Era Performance ported throttle body, BMR 1" lowering springs, Hotchkis Chassis Max Strut Tower Brace, Red hash stripes, Vossen Matte Graphite/Machined CV5's
STL20102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #56
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
This SIM color is the best IMO... Love it on the Tahoe... my Colorado is this color and my 2015 Colorado will be as well.