Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-06-2016, 05:53 AM   #29
pir4te
Moonshiner

Drives: Holden SS-V L77 flex fuel
I've been working with Holden Special Vehicles forum members over the past six months on an exhaust system that bolts to a range of axle back systems, across stratified states of performance / tune, including stock.
The initial brief was recreate the sound of '70's Classic racecars like the GT40 and DeTomaso Pantera, whilst improving LS efficiency.
The system I devised incorporates latest tech and classic race devices in an innovative design to optimise frequency modulation (sound) and efficiency like never before.
In application and detail it differs to prior art, and is completely original in design (IP registered).
The included harness enables plug and play with factory ECU, and adds a new level of tuning stability / accuracy for professional performance tuners on a dyno, EFILive, or HPT software interface - four channel CAN (two channel serial).
The result is a highly tunable solution that ticks more boxes for your buck versus current premium sports offerings and is genuinely innovative. Basic kit is pręt-ŕ-porter (off-the-shelf) for stock or near stock LS NA. Lifetime guaranteed, HPC coated.
However custom tailoring of modular components based on performance criteria will allow online ordering to match your car.
Final prototype is installed and in beta testing for performance / efficiency metrics as at July 4, 2016. Web ordering will be live this Spring.
PM me if you are interested / like more info as details are released.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:43 AM   #30
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Pm'd

Mark me down!
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:43 AM   #31
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I want to see pictures of that set up. Sounds very intriguing
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:16 PM   #32
HOJO

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS 1LE 1967 Camaro
Please add me to your update list as more info comes available for release regarding this system. Sounds like it could be the next big performance wave. Thanks for sharing.
HOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:07 PM   #33
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
PM sent.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:16 PM   #34
matts86cam

Drives: 1986 z28 and 2015 ss
Sooo..... Where we at on these? I know, I know, digging up bones here but I'm down if there is something going on with these.
matts86cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:01 PM   #35
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magna_Flow View Post
A lot of negativity on here, but we like seeing people going the extra mile to do something out of the ordinary. We'd love to put 180* headers on everything if we lived in a perfect world where space wasnt an issue. We're interested to see how they come out!

Here's a set we custom made a while ago for an LS7:

Honestly to my ears it sounds like the late 00's Ferrari GTO

Which isn't bad but I was surprised at how much it changed the sound
Old 02-14-2018, 11:09 AM   #36
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
We looked at this for a 5th Gen Camaro, tough to fit.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:08 PM   #37
matts86cam

Drives: 1986 z28 and 2015 ss
If I only had the tools... I'm sure that slammed to the ground look wouldn't work but I can't imagine a stock ride height car wouldnt have room underneath. I did read something about moving the collector too far back could eat horse power or torque, but I bet people like me would gladly sacrifice 20 hp for that twin 4 cylinder lambo sound
matts86cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:30 PM   #38
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts86cam View Post
If I only had the tools... I'm sure that slammed to the ground look wouldn't work but I can't imagine a stock ride height car wouldnt have room underneath. I did read something about moving the collector too far back could eat horse power or torque, but I bet people like me would gladly sacrifice 20 hp for that twin 4 cylinder lambo sound
A stock ride height car does not have the clearance. The pipes have to fit between the oil pan and sub-frame.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:46 PM   #39
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
A stock ride height car does not have the clearance. The pipes have to fit between the oil pan and sub-frame.
That truly sucks.

Following the dream is getting harder and harder..
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:58 AM   #40
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
That truly sucks.

If you're dreaming hard enough, you could go over top or around the front. That would be completely silly, though. Anything's possible if you're brave enough.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:58 AM   #41
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
That truly sucks.

Agreed.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:29 PM   #42
jlcustomz

Drives: 83 el camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
If you're dreaming hard enough, you could go over top or around the front. That would be completely silly, though. Anything's possible if you're brave enough.
BUMP. Dream hard enough, silly, brave enough ? Yep that's me. I'm the idiot that had the 2010 camaro nose on an el camino, now a 2016 nose combining with 2016 vette rear & now widebody rear sheet metal.
This 8 into 1 sound recently caught my undivided attention as well as some of the 180 degree versions. After weeks of research I may go over the top of my LS engine, such as the magnaflow built headers posted here, but into a 8 into 4 into 2 into1 collector set built from kooks race LS series tri-y headers I have. Collectors would need to be pie cut to bend & start dropping down the front passenger side of engine & exit the lower passenger side of engine where headers currently exit. Moving my radiators forwards & going around the engine, similar to Tanner Faust's car , but with my collectors could be possible, but would be a much more difficult mess of snakes with 40 to 48" collector lengths.

Right now it's still a research project & I have other things to complete (Sheet metal ) before starting , but I'm highly considering it. I think it would be a very fitting sound for an odd vehicle.
jlcustomz is offline   Reply With Quote