Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 06-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #71
bkalt

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Gary Bettman does ruin hockey. The americans make the game better, pump more money and good players into it every year.
bkalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #72
Beehave

Drives: 2010 Yellow/Black 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CROOPS34 View Post
I doubt the same thing would have happened in Boston. This is the second time that Vancouver has lost in the final and had a bunch of idiots ruin the reputation of Canada in general making us look like a bunch of sore losers. Every other year a team loses in the stanley cup finals and we don't see even close to the same level of stupidity in any other city.

On the side of the actual hockey... Boston deserved the cup. The games Vancouver won were close games that could have gone either way and Luongo was out goalied (I know it's not a word) and out classed the entire series by Thomas. There was never a point in the series where anyone could say that Vancouver deserved to win.

Now, as for the cup belonging in Canada and Americans ruining the game... That's kind of stupid. Some of the best teams in the NHL are American teams. The US doesn't ruin hockey... Garry Bettman ruins hockey! There is no way cities like Phoenix should have a team when their target market couldn't care less about the game, and there's no way the state of Florida should have TWO teams. (Just a couple of examples)

Anyway, play nice guys.... It's the best game on earth for both sides of the border to enjoy. (It's just that our boys are better at it.)

Well put,

...its a game...idoits wrecking property??... Americans vs Canadians??. Boston played well... congrats after 30 yrs must feel great..
Beehave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:15 PM   #73
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Wow! That is very sad that some people resorted to this type of violence. It's a very sad time when behavior like this can come from a loss of a hockey game.
This had nothing to do with the loss of a hockey game. Most of it is carried out by organized anarchist, they hide in the crowd and use the event to destroy property and loot.

The same thing happened here in Toronto during the G8 summit. In that case they came from all over North America.

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #74
fbody79

Drives: 1979 Firebird
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I guess we'll never know.

Hey what's with the 78 trans am(could even be a 77 with that front end) in your sig and you have listed that you drive a 79?

Its a 79 with a 77 Front end

And as far as calling Vancouver out on embarassing a country is was all the bandwagoners. A true fan would lose, stick up for there team and go home. I did not participate in the riot and had no intentions of it. The only thing i had to do with the riot, was help clean up the day after. I was down there for about 6 hours today boarding up windows and sweeping.
And actually someone did die, a boston bruins fan was pushed off the Georgia Viaduct and fell 3 stories. He died in the hospital, and thats not to even mention the nine people who were stabbed.
fbody79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #75
bkalt

I don't know about that. I think the guy being pushed off the overpass was a hoax. I never read it online from any news sources or saw it mentioned on the news.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:02 PM   #76
Jas29

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
a lot of people are saying they saw it happen. I think the 10 000 people that volunteered to help clean up vancouver after the riot showed what canada is really about.

The people that started the riot where going to do so lose or win and some were from even out of town including the usa
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:17 PM   #77
bkalt

There were so many videos and pictures and no one has seen anything on it. And the news didn't report anything. That would be the first thing fox news would report.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:20 AM   #78
Bsf7

Drives: 2013 silver 2ss
Just makes you want to bring out the pepper spray and the beating sticks, just embarassing
Bsf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:37 AM   #79
CROOPS34

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metalic 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
This had nothing to do with the loss of a hockey game. Most of it is carried out by organized anarchist, they hide in the crowd and use the event to destroy property and loot.

The same thing happened here in Toronto during the G8 summit. In that case they came from all over North America.
To compare this stupidity to the well organized sabotage of peacful protests in Toronto for the G8 summit is kind of crazy. The G8 was politicaly motivated and this was just a bunch of drunk a**holes getting out of hand and thinking they could get away with being idiots because everyone else around them was too. The magnitude and escalation of this even was totaly different and to say that it was "out of towners" is a cop out. If that was the case, like I said before, there would be riots after every single stanley cup final was over by the losing city.
I would never say ALL people from Vancouver are this way... But there are way too many people who were stupid enough to destroy the city's reputation.
CROOPS34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:41 AM   #80
fbody79

Drives: 1979 Firebird
Quote:
Originally Posted by CROOPS34 View Post
I would never say ALL people from Vancouver are this way... But there are way too many people who were stupid enough to destroy the city's reputation.

And there are many more to make the citys rep back up. As for the fan, im not sure then. And i heard the Boston did have a couple acts of Vandalism over there Ie) they flipped a bus. And they Won! I can only imagine it over there if they won.
fbody79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #81
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbody79 View Post
And there are many more to make the citys rep back up. As for the fan, im not sure then. And i heard the Boston did have a couple acts of Vandalism over there Ie) they flipped a bus. And they Won! I can only imagine it over there if they won.
The bus was never flipped.....They were "rocking" the Bus....We had some stupid little fires that people made with shirts and stuff, nothing bigger than a camp fire. No vandalisms were reported, no looting, no smashed cars, couple dented ones cause some decided it would be cool to stand on them But it was amess to clean up, alots of trash and beer cans.