Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #1
CamaroTrent

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS
2011 Camaro SS Rust

While washing my car yesterday I found a rust spot on the roof on the passenger side. Today I'm taking it back to my dealer, but I want them to know that this will be the second time my car has had a problem. This first time I had a coolant leak inside the car on the passenger side, which it took them 2 weeks to fix the problem. I'm getting really tired of these problems.
CamaroTrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:31 AM   #2
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroTrent View Post
While washing my car yesterday I found a rust spot on the roof on the passenger side. Today I'm taking it back to my dealer, but I want them to know that this will be the second time my car has had a problem. This first time I had a coolant leak inside the car on the passenger side, which it took them 2 weeks to fix the problem. I'm getting really tired of these problems.
I feel for ya. But they aren't all bad. Our 2010 I have had for 18 Months and 20,000 miles and no problems.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #3
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Your coolant leak was a HEATER CORE issue. I just had mine in for a week getting fixed also. There are a few of us on these forums that have had this issue. It's a big repair, as they have to remove the WINDSHIELD and the entire DASHBOARD to get to the heater core.
As for the RUST on the roof, are you sure it's not tree sap? Doesn't GM use galvanized steal on their body panels?
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
born-to-fish-

Drives: Fifty 2SS Vert
Most likely it's metal flakes stuck to the surface from shipping by train. Invest in a clay bar kit, and learn how to use it. There's a whole section in the forum on this.
born-to-fish- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:52 AM   #5
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Ok, this is your second thread on this same topic and still no pics. Can we please see what you are talking about? Thank you.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:22 AM   #6
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Ok, this is your second thread on this same topic and still no pics. Can we please see what you are talking about? Thank you.
no pics =
Old 06-21-2011, 12:18 PM   #7
IBM

Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM

Oh wait,

Old 06-21-2011, 02:27 PM   #8
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroTrent View Post
This isn't directed at you personally, but maybe a little of it is. If you're so unhappy with your car, then just sell it to someone who wants it, and go buy something that's a better fit for you, like a Toyota Camry. It's practically an appliance that drives itself, and according to the aggregate sum of it owners (most of which know absolutely nothing about cars)-- they never have problems, never need maintenance, and their dealers are adept in lengthy apologies.

Cars are presumably durable goods that last for as long as you want them to--in a lot of cases, 10, 15 years or more, and racking up as many miles as it takes to get from here to the moon. As history has it with ANY auto manufacturer and ANY car model, the norm is to have a few issues within the first few years of ownership. As such, manufacturers have provided you with a warranty for such issues.

To NOT expect a problem or two is almost ridiculous for any vehicle. And for those folks that say they've never had an issue with their car, I assure you, they're lying... Every car drives differently, and "nothing wrong" is highly subjective. I've literally had someone tell me "there's never been anything wrong with my car except the steering was fixed under warranty, and the dealer even gave me a $50 giftcard to say sorry because it was the manufacturer's fault". I can assume he only counts "breaking down" as something being wrong with the car.

My last words of wisdom and treachery - If you want help or resolution, post some dang pics. If we can't see it, we can't help you...I can already think of about 6 different things that can inadvertently land on your roof and create a spot that looks like rust that may not BE rust, and have nothing to do with Chevrolet, GM, or the fine folks that assembled your car:

certain types of tree sap
certain types of pollen
leaks from overhead building pipes in garages
iron dust from rail cars or heavy machinery
vandalism by jilted lovers
damage caused by the owner.

Thank you, and enjoy your stay with the crew here at camaro5.com... git'n'er done evvarrryday!
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:36 PM   #9
Bsf7

Drives: 2013 silver 2ss
Bsf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #10
TahoeCamaro

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS VR, '11 Tahoe LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM View Post

Oh wait,

Old 06-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #11
apeko

Drives: 2011 2-SS/RS SGM
his camera must be rusty to.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:02 PM   #12
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 SS
Smile

I would imagine living in Miami you're going to be dealing with issues from salt water, just like any other place that is near a beach.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:47 PM   #13
DietCoke
Slow Turtle

Drives: 2011 1SS
Send a message via AIM to DietCoke
Rust in miami? lol
DietCoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:37 AM   #14
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Camaro Trent, let us know how it goes for you with your dealership. I hope it's something simple and you can get back to enjoying your vehicle.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote