Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-04-2014, 09:00 AM   #43
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Since you have a convertible you need to make sure what you buy will fit. Many will not fit because of the underbody bracing the convertible has. Also the magnaflow resonated XPipe will not work on the convertible without modifying the center underbody bracing.
I have the MRT V2 and love it.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:12 AM   #44
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I love my Borla exhaust. If you want louder & nice sounding at start-up, accelleration & WOT but still quiet at cruise/idle. You would like it. Here is a professionally done video of my set-up:

Does yours have an x-pipe?
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:53 PM   #45
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
No. Since that clip was done I have added ported throttle body, black iceolator & Apex scoop & waterbottle relocation kit added to my CAI intake. Soon I am adding ARH long tube headers, high flow cats and a specially designed H-pipe they made for me that is supposed to sound better than X-pipe without sacrificing hp. I will keep my Borla mufflers. New vid coming soon!
Old 01-04-2014, 02:26 PM   #46
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Drives: 2011 VR M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
A cold air intake also makes it sound better too.
I have a AirAid CAI already
Old 01-04-2014, 02:27 PM   #47
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
No. Since that clip was done I have added ported throttle body, black iceolator & Apex scoop & waterbottle relocation kit added to my CAI intake. Soon I am adding ARH long tube headers, high flow cats and a specially designed H-pipe they made for me that is supposed to sound better than X-pipe without sacrificing hp. I will keep my Borla mufflers. New vid coming soon!
Old 01-04-2014, 03:20 PM   #48
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvp_Me View Post
Mine....

i think i should have recorded farther away for better quality sound. this was all done on my phone so let me know what you all think. to me its a lot quieter in person tho. later ill make some drive by vidz.
Yours sounds pretty much like mine, which it should seeing as I'm running basically the same setup as you (Magnaflow X and two magnaflow oval body mufflers) but I also deleted the stock resonators to try and get a little more growl out of it. But that really didn't do much of anything for this setup since the magnaflows are just so smooth. I love the tone, but I want to get a bit more growl. My vararam intake improved the sound noticeably...gave it some growl over my old traditional style intake and I'd say that's the only difference between your exhaust and mine.

If I ever get around to tweaking my exhaust I'm either going to try and dump the rear cats and hopefully that will give me more growl and volume. If I don't do that, I'm thinking about cutting off the rear mufflers and adding in something like the dynomax bullets. Its just extremely difficult to find that balance between smooth, low tone, rasp, and drone. Right now I feel my setup is a bit too far on the smooth side.

If I was adding LT headers I'd just keep what I have as I know that would sound awesome.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:43 PM   #49
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Yours sounds pretty much like mine, which it should seeing as I'm running basically the same setup as you (Magnaflow X and two magnaflow oval body mufflers) but I also deleted the stock resonators to try and get a little more growl out of it. But that really didn't do much of anything for this setup since the magnaflows are just so smooth. I love the tone, but I want to get a bit more growl. My vararam intake improved the sound noticeably...gave it some growl over my old traditional style intake and I'd say that's the only difference between your exhaust and mine.

If I ever get around to tweaking my exhaust I'm either going to try and dump the rear cats and hopefully that will give me more growl and volume. If I don't do that, I'm thinking about cutting off the rear mufflers and adding in something like the dynomax bullets. Its just extremely difficult to find that balance between smooth, low tone, rasp, and drone. Right now I feel my setup is a bit too far on the smooth side.

If I was adding LT headers I'd just keep what I have as I know that would sound awesome.

So you are the one that made me get the same setup lol i watched so many videos and once i saw yours i was sold. like you said i want to do the rear cat delete. it'll give you more hp and bring out the sound you and i are looking for. my only problem is that every local exhaust shop i visit wont touch it or tell me its a waste of money. im like WTF!??
Old 01-04-2014, 04:17 PM   #50
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
So you are the one that made me get the same setup lol i watched so many videos and once i saw yours i was sold. like you said i want to do the rear cat delete. it'll give you more hp and bring out the sound you and i are looking for. my only problem is that every local exhaust shop i visit wont touch it or tell me its a waste of money. im like WTF!??
By law a shop cannot remove the Cats. They can get in big trouble because it's a Federal Offence, tampering with emmissions controls.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:26 PM   #51
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
By law a shop cannot remove the Cats. They can get in big trouble because it's a Federal Offence, tampering with emmissions controls.
This is true but i wouldn't tell
to be serious i would go as far as replacing it with a high flow cat if need be. the main reason it hate when they give me a hard time is that in Florida we have no emission checks like other states. if i must, ill do it myelf one day at my friends shop.
Before the camaro my SS Cobalt only had a muffler. i ran a catless downpipe for 4yrs with no problem. would i do this in any other state......nope!
Old 01-04-2014, 04:27 PM   #52
skywarp

Drives: 2010 camaro transformers edition
one word GIBSON
Old 01-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #53
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Yeah that was probably me then lol. I really do like this setup...the tone is great and in the cabin sounds awesome. It just needs a little more kick without messing up the good stuff which is so hard to do.

I'd love to do SOLO HFC, but they are just so expensive. But honestly in a perfect world I'd just toss on BBK headers and be done. I could do that, but so far I just haven't.

Yeah I once went by a local shop and was telling them how I'd like to remove the resonators and one guy was like "you can't do that, its against the law"....ummm....no its not. lol. Guess he thought I meant cats. Needless to say after talking with the exhaust guy as well I wasn't impressed and went elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
This is true, but it can be done No visual inspections here.