Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
cfodor

Drives: Chevrolet
auxiliary gauges same for v6 and v8 auto?

I have about 10 new gauge panels they are all auto ones I need to know if they are the same v6 to v8 I have heard they are then they are not. If any of you guys know for sure please post.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Yes they are the same. All the gauges for V6/V8/manual/auto are the same. The only part different is the trim. Autos both V6 & V8 have plain trim, and the manuals have the V6 or V8 specific shift pattern embossed into them. You can use the auto gauges on a manual and the manual gauges on the auto.

BTW, your name looks familiar. Did you sell a white, non-running 79 T/A on ebay about 5 years ago? If so, I've got it completely tore apart, but haven't done much more to it. Hoping to get things in place to get to work on it later this summer.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
Old 06-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
cfodor

Drives: Chevrolet
Yes that is me it is a small world

Closed Thread