Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #99
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I was just curious. I haven't used it, yet, myself...Sync, that is. I spent some time playing with the MyLink system when we were driving the 1LEs just before the Fest.

I asked because I hadn't used it - but have heard that people don't seem too thrilled about it.
Sync is not perfect for sure, but I think it is slightly more refined than Mylink at the moment from the limited use I have had. What GM needs to do is get a major software company like Google or Apple involved in their design and development. In house can still make changes as they need but need someone who has done it before. I will say I am glad I have what I have as it does do things my older vehicles can't do including my wife's '11 'Nox. Just wish it was better. Hopefully it will be software upgradable in the future. Maybe not to the '14 Mylink, but anythings possible.

If 2SSRS (Ofer) gets ahold of the new Mylink I'm sure we'll all be able to have one!
Old 12-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #100
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I was just curious. I haven't used it, yet, myself...Sync, that is. I spent some time playing with the MyLink system when we were driving the 1LEs just before the Fest.

I asked because I hadn't used it - but have heard that people don't seem too thrilled about it.
It's MyFord Touch that people seem to be pissed about. Most of the complaints are from dumbf***s that don't know technology, others are about the lack of redundant controls. Ford Sync isn't particularly buggy.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote