Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-21-2009, 06:10 PM   #57
SS Mike

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
very cool look.
Thank you! And sorry everyone for taking so long to get pics up. Go ahead and say whats on your mind I am actually sitting at home eating chicken noodle soup right now with a 103 degree fever, but I know how much people were looking forward to seeing these pics

Vortech V-3 Kit, ARH LT's, Custom Exhaust, Aeromotive A1000 Fuel System, Custom Tune - 582 rwhp 533 rwtq
22" Modulare H2 Wheels, CF Hood, Trunk, Spoiler & Roof by Carbon by Design, Custom Steering Wheel from P-Factor
Brembo GT BBK, Alpine INA-900, Alpine Type-R Speakers, Hurst Shifter, APR Splitter, Custom Quad Tip Diffuser
CKS C1 Coilovers, Falken 452 Tires, 265/35/22 & 285/35/22, Custom Grille, AAC Halos, and much more to come!!
SS Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #58
SS Mike

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryJr View Post
Whats the weight difference in the stock Brembo and the aftermarkets? Bigger everything has to mean more weight?
I don't know off the top pf my head but I can get that info for you. Bigger doesn't necessarily mean more weight. Everything in this kit is made with better materials and is built more efficiently. The calipers are only one piece instead of two like the stock calipers, all excess metal on the calipers is cut away which is why the pistons are so defined on the outside, and 2 piece lightweight rotors all help to keep the overall weight down. I will post the actual weight when I get that info. Thanks.

Vortech V-3 Kit, ARH LT's, Custom Exhaust, Aeromotive A1000 Fuel System, Custom Tune - 582 rwhp 533 rwtq
22" Modulare H2 Wheels, CF Hood, Trunk, Spoiler & Roof by Carbon by Design, Custom Steering Wheel from P-Factor
Brembo GT BBK, Alpine INA-900, Alpine Type-R Speakers, Hurst Shifter, APR Splitter, Custom Quad Tip Diffuser
CKS C1 Coilovers, Falken 452 Tires, 265/35/22 & 285/35/22, Custom Grille, AAC Halos, and much more to come!!
SS Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:30 PM   #59
06blownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Wow looks awesome. Price is way too high I was thinking of upgrading to a C6 Z's front rotors and calipers if I ever replaced the brakes. Does anything else in the system get replaced? (brake lines, master cylinder?) and why only pics of the front? The rears are not done?
06blownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:42 PM   #60
m1tankr

Drives: '69 Camaro RS LM-1
Looks nice. Let us know how they work out. Hopefully now Brembo can work on fixxing the stock brakes. I was looking at a brand new and it had the weights.
m1tankr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:47 PM   #61
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
This is why I'm thinking of doing a Cyber Gray w/ Jetstream Blue stripes. Awesome color combo.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:09 PM   #62
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I can't believe I'll be the first to say this. This is complete B.S!! I thought when you got Brembo's on a car, they were the upgraded brakes.

So the "Brembos" that come on the 2SS are just basic brakes with the Brembo name on them? So if you want "real" Brembos then you already have to upgrade. These should have been the brakes that came on the 2SS to begin with, this is bullshit!!! Brembo can suck it!

If I'm going to spend money to upgrade I'm not getting Brembos!!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:14 PM   #63
MP81

Drives: M62'd 2007 Cobalt LT
Send a message via ICQ to MP81 Send a message via AIM to MP81 Send a message via MSN to MP81 Send a message via Yahoo to MP81
Those look absolutely awesome! How well do they work compared to stock?
Old 07-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #64
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
I can't believe I'll be the first to say this. This is complete B.S!! I thought when you got Brembo's on a car, they were the upgraded brakes.

So the "Brembos" that come on the 2SS are just basic brakes with the Brembo name on them? So if you want "real" Brembos then you already have to upgrade. These should have been the brakes that came on the 2SS to begin with, this is bullshit!!! Brembo can suck it!

I'm completely with you! I understand that folks will upgrade cars that are already awesome from the factory just because they can or they want to, and I have absolutely no problem with that. But you shouldn't NEED to upgrade, especially when the car is marketed as having "Brembo" brakes. That is THE name in brakes after all...

So I was totally shocked when NASA road racer Brian wrote in another thread how the brakes in his 1-week old SS gave out after just one stint on a road course. He replied that the fluid boiled, and he thinks that anyone taking these cars to the track might want to install brake ducts for cooling.
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:40 PM   #65
FISHTAIL

Drives: Sedan & 2SS / RS
Does anyone know if the SS original brembos bolt on the LT or does it require to change the hub assy and the master cylinder?
Old 07-21-2009, 08:00 PM   #66
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
those do look great...but I couldn't put 7500 into brakes..but more power to you if you can
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:29 PM   #67
UsedTaHaveA68

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
I'm completely with you! I understand that folks will upgrade cars that are already awesome from the factory just because they can or they want to, and I have absolutely no problem with that. But you shouldn't NEED to upgrade, especially when the car is marketed as having "Brembo" brakes. That is THE name in brakes after all...

So I was totally shocked when NASA road racer Brian wrote in another thread how the brakes in his 1-week old SS gave out after just one stint on a road course. He replied that the fluid boiled, and he thinks that anyone taking these cars to the track might want to install brake ducts for cooling.
Quote:
Front:
6 Piston Monoblock Caliper
380mm (15 inches) Drilled (or slotted) 2-piece Rotors
$4250

Rear:
4 Piston Monoblock Caliper
380mm (15 inches) Drilled (or slotted) 2-piece Rotors
$3395
Ok, let's see a show of hands who wants to pay the extra 7500 on a STOCK Camaro SS for these brakes to be standard.....

It's a balancing game people. Just like your Mustang didn't come with brakes built for roadracing, neither does the Camaro.
UsedTaHaveA68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #68
RS/SS
The wait is over!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS IOM
Quote:

You realize when you buy a Dodge Viper at roughly $90k+, that it comes with 4 piston Brembo calipers front and rear and 14" rotors front and rear. And what comes on the Camaro SS again??

And if the Dodge Viper owners want to track their cars, they have 6 piston upgrade big brake kits and rotors to purchase as well. For most any sports car, 4 piston calipers and 13"+ rotors are plenty for street/daily use. Track use is a completely different animal.
RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:01 PM   #69
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post

See the other replies before me. Freaking out cause someone boiled STREET FLUID while racing his car is pretty funny. Thats the reason he lost his brakes, not cause the calipers are not up to snuff. If you are tracking this car, flushing out the system and putting in some superblue is a requirement, and takes what, an hour if you have a bleeder? How much is a can of superblue ...15 bucks? Christ.

This is a street car, and just like they recommend in the manual to change the diff fluid if you plan to race, brake fluid should be a no brainer. These brakes will work GREAT for HPDEs with good pads and a fluid change, they will last perfectly fine. That said if you are road racing, and I mean real road racing, you need a road racing kit. Unless you want a $50,000 Camaro, no street car under a 911 GT3 comes with brakes like the kit installed here, and you should never have expected it to begin with.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:42 PM   #70
BRobes05
B-rad

Drives: Chevrolet Cavalier
Send a message via AIM to BRobes05
that looks so hott
BRobes05 is offline   Reply With Quote